SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 21, 2011, 08:34 AM
Joined Jan 2007
1,156 Posts
as im in a 3rd world country i cannot get the rebate.
goldeneye007 is offline Find More Posts by goldeneye007
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:24 AM
FS One
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Update 2.0.7 (r958)

We just uploaded the Sbach 342 free download for V2. The Sbach is *very* light and maneuverable for it's size. Here are the release notes:
  • Adds the Sbach 342 by RC Xtreme Machines, 40% scale, hyper-light (wingspan: 122 in, weight: 29.2 lb).
  • Fixes hover assist feature on/off behavior.
  • Reduces power on Cap 232 airplanes and tweaked idle engine sound level.
  • Corrects ground strike propeller radius for SIG Four-Star 60.
  • Changes "Sim Rate Multiplier" to "Physics Speed" in Options page.
  • Removes residue propeller torque after crashed with broken propeller.
  • Fixes one tree texture graphics issue.
  • This update includes all previous V2 updates and free airplanes.
MSelig is offline Find More Posts by MSelig
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:21 AM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
Goldeneye007, http://www.fsone.com/rebate/rebate-offer-04-web.pdf indeed says that rebate is only for USA and Canada.
camilleg is offline Find More Posts by camilleg
Old Sep 22, 2011, 02:06 PM
Joined Sep 2008
149 Posts
I've uploaded a short video of the Sbach 342 on Youtube. I've changed the graphics on the rightwing.tga and main.tga, so those that download the new update and wonder why my plane's graphics are different, that's why.

FS One V2 Sbach 342.wmv (1 min 17 sec)

I've made my right wing graphics and main.tga (fuselage) available on my new webpage, which is still under a LOT of construction.

Visit here for my graphics if you wish:
http://wilson3dmodels.jimdo.com/fs-one-v2-content/
mwilson914 is offline Find More Posts by mwilson914
Last edited by mwilson914; Sep 22, 2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: added image
Old Sep 22, 2011, 02:21 PM
France
Joined Feb 2007
16 Posts
Update 2.0.7

Hi Michael,

Just run the update and had not enough time to test new aircrafts, but if I could place a wish for the future, it would be: more 1/6 scale jets, ie F9F Zirolli (I have just finished building one), or at least add flaps to BVM Bobcat in order I gain some skill with jets.

Anyway, great sim! Continue to keep in mind 'realistic behavior' .

Alain
AlainF13 is offline Find More Posts by AlainF13
Old Sep 24, 2011, 07:13 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainF13 View Post
Hi Michael,

Just run the update and had not enough time to test new aircrafts, but if I could place a wish for the future, it would be: more 1/6 scale jets, ie F9F Zirolli (I have just finished building one), or at least add flaps to BVM Bobcat in order I gain some skill with jets.

Anyway, great sim! Continue to keep in mind 'realistic behavior' .

Alain
I'll ask and see what it would take to add flaps to the Bobcat. We also have another jet w/ flaps to finish (graphics all done).

We're also working on some warbirds.

Is 1/6 scale sort-of standard for scale jets?

Yes, what's make this fun for us is keeping the physics true. Thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:10 AM
France
Joined Feb 2007
16 Posts
Thank you for your attention to user feedback. It's very nice

Not to mention standard, 1/6 - 1/7 is the class of large jets.
That's about the upper limit for electric (EDF) and the average for turbines.
It is mainly, IMHO, the minimum size for keeping the aircraft easily visible on the screen as in jet it is difficult to stay close to the runway (I don't use autozoom as I find it too far from reality)

Looking forward for future releases
Old Sep 26, 2011, 04:38 PM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
AlainF13, autozoom is one of many compromises inherent to any rendering of a real-world scene on a mere computer screen. Just curious: what about it do you find unrealistic? (And what's your screen resolution?)
camilleg is offline Find More Posts by camilleg
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:28 AM
France
Joined Feb 2007
16 Posts
Camilleg,

My screen: 19" @ 1280x1024.

I agree that autozoom can be a compromise, but with much less depth.
In fact, when the aircraft is away and comes back to me, autozoom destroys the distance feeling and the return is endless.
It becomes very difficult to estimate the distance and speed of the aircraft, and landing is difficult.

I may have missed something in the settings...
Is there any way to reduce the depth of the autozoom ?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:55 AM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
In Options|General, you can change the default view from Autozoom-1 to Autozoom-2. But this Autozoom-2 has *more* zoom than the Autozoom-1 (install default) -- not the direction you want to go. Do we need another Autozoom which has less zoom than Autozoom-1?

If we did tweak to make a third autozoom, how much bigger should the airplane be on the screen when zoom is active (when airplane is far away)? 30% bigger, 100% bigger (twice), more/less relative to no zoom at all?

(I will say that the first thing I do w/ the sim is press "A" then "D" to turn off autozoom and set FOV to default, and I do this because it does help me keep the depth of field in check.)
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:06 PM
France
Joined Feb 2007
16 Posts
I do not want to force you to add another level of autozoom.
In fact, I prefer using the mode 'Shifted', to keep the ground in sight.

if you want to improve autozoom, I think it would be better to move towards the system used in RFG5 or Aerofly 5: zoom effect stops when the distance reaches a value (adjustable) - i.e aircraft resume decreasing after a certain distance. Am I clear ?

But if it's not compatible, I prefer 'shifted' mode .
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:53 AM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Cameras/views modding

Yes, is clear. You can make FS One auto zoom work like you describe.

The first four options for the primary F1 view use auto zoom (in Options|General). The zoom files are the ones on the right (below). You can open the zoom files in something like Notepad++ (the files are in the "Cameras/3D & Pano" folders). The first value in the table data is the range in feet. If you want autozoom to stop zooming once you reach a range of, say, 1100 ft, then delete all following lines after 1100 ft or add a semicolon to all following lines (that comments out the lines). The sim will then stop zooming when the airplane goes past 1100 ft.

This tweak to the autozoom file (see image) results in a 'hard stop' once going past 1100 ft, and to my eye that's a jolt. However, you can tweak the table values to get pretty much any kind of zoom you want!

Lagged/Autozoom-1 ... AutoZoomFOV_ver3.tbl
Lagged/Autozoom-2 ... AutoZoomFOV_ver4.tbl
Perfect/Autozoom-1 ... AutoZoomFOV_ver3.tbl
Perfect/Autozoom-2 ... AutoZoomFOV_ver4.tbl

I think there are a lot of different preferences when it comes to 'camera' views, which is why we have so many tied to the function keys F1...F12. For anyone who wants to 'get under the hood', the files are there for making tweaks.
Last edited by MSelig; Sep 29, 2011 at 01:36 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 01:28 AM
France
Joined Feb 2007
16 Posts
Thanks Michael,

Very interesting . I'll try to play with autozoom files.
Old Oct 01, 2011, 12:57 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Sep 2010
163 Posts
Transmitter Compatibility

I have read that some transmitters are not compatible with FS One. Is the Spectrum DX7 compatible? I read something somewhere that said that the Spectrum DX7Se was not compatible with flight simulators. I'm not sure what the Se stands for and I could not find these letters on my radio or owners manual... Tnx for any help.
Maq
maq007 is offline Find More Posts by maq007
Old Oct 01, 2011, 01:15 AM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Yes, DX7 is compatible. FS One (like all sims) is compatible w/ all 'regular' Tx's that give a PPM signal out the trainer port. One Tx we cannot immediately support is Multiplex because we don't have that cable yet from our supplier.

The DX7se is a weirdo (you can google for it). It will not work with any simulator. It does not push out a proper PPM signal (someone might be able to elaborate on this better than me FWIW ...).
Last edited by MSelig; Oct 01, 2011 at 02:47 AM.