SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 18, 2010, 01:43 PM
United States, CO, Littleton
Joined Oct 2007
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceco View Post
... The models fly better than ever too. I sure wish I had a real model that flies as well as the 27% Edge 540.
diceco
Yes I like the 27% Edge 540 a lot because it is closer in size to my real models. The realistic feel of how the FS1 models fly is refreshing, compared to other simulators I have tried.
FrankFuss is offline Find More Posts by FrankFuss
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2010, 02:07 PM
Joined May 2008
263 Posts
I should have my copy hopefully by monday. Then need to make some time to sit down with it in the midst of this holiday hussle and bussle.

I'm looking forward to trying it out and really looking forward to the new models when they are ready. That's my favorite part of this: that the airplane selection of this excellent sim will be steadily growing now.
Aerosapien is offline Find More Posts by Aerosapien
Last edited by Aerosapien; Dec 18, 2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 02:33 PM
Joined Oct 2007
74 Posts
The Edge 540 probably does everything that I really need for practice. However, I would like to see a good Extra 260 and Yak 54.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 02:42 PM
FS One
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceco View Post
Hi Folks,

<snip >

Unfortunately the bugs have not been fixed. I can't get any of the Tracon gliders to fly with modified Tx's without crashing the program, and now I can't get them to fly even with the "stock" Tx's without a program crash. I suppose I'll have to reload the program.... unless someone has any idea's on how to fix the problem.

Thanks, diceco
Thanks for the report. We're looking at this, and our first patch is in the works (now). Part of this seems specific to the Tracon glider files. I would suggest a reinstall, and for now wait for the patch before doing more Tx edits.
MSelig is offline Find More Posts by MSelig
Old Dec 18, 2010, 02:43 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankFuss View Post
The Edge 540 probably does everything that I really need for practice. However, I would like to see a good Extra 260 and Yak 54.
We have both an Extra 260 and Yak 54 in the works!
Old Dec 18, 2010, 02:47 PM
Joined May 2008
263 Posts
Quote:
Yeah the Edge 540 is a good plane to practice with. I get the impression that the initial priority is for more 3D planes to be added, but beyond that more planes of other types will be very nice to see as well (which have their own characteristics).
Old Dec 18, 2010, 03:03 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosapien View Post
Yeah the Edge 540 is a good plane to practice with. I get the impression that the initial priority is for more 3D planes to be added, but beyond that more planes of other types will be very nice to see as well (which have their own characteristics).
Yes, other types in the works too.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 04:31 PM
Joined May 2008
263 Posts
Nice I look forward to that. In the mean time, I do think it makes sense to broaden the sample of 3D planes in fsone.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 08:22 PM
TDI Abuser
Joined Sep 2002
4,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSelig View Post
Slicks -- these look sweet! There are about 5+ sizes of these (electric and gas). Are these all the same but differ in size/weight/powerplant? That's a perfect setup for doing one, and then w/ rescaling gives all of them ... short of the different skins.
Hey Thanks for listening Michael ! I really couldn't tell you how much of the Slicks proportions would change from one size to the next though.
flyinghigh is offline Find More Posts by flyinghigh
Old Dec 19, 2010, 02:33 AM
Team 3DHS
USA, DE, Newark
Joined Jul 2008
700 Posts
I know im late to this thread but I really wanted to congratualte FSOne for making such a realistic simulator. It is bar none the best simulator on the market. I remember when I could not hover in real life I could go into my hobby shop and hover easily on a more popular more expensive simulator. But I bought FSone because of the price and when I could finally hover in FSone within a week I was hovering on the deck in real life.

Last winter I learned rolling loops in FSone and when spring came the transition to real life was almost seamless. I will be picking up v2 this week as the gimbals on my Tac Con contorller are worn out.

Thanks again Michael. Amazing product.
ctunder77 is offline Find More Posts by ctunder77
Old Dec 22, 2010, 08:21 AM
United States, WI, Kenosha
Joined Aug 2004
82 Posts
Any ideas as to which one to purchase to use with a Hitec Aurora radio?
bhouin is offline Find More Posts by bhouin
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:11 PM
Joined Oct 2007
74 Posts
bhouin, one of the choices listed is "FS One v2 for Futaba/Hitec (round DIN)". That is probably a safe bet. To be sure, if you don't get confirmation here, is to leave them a question by selecting the "Contact Us" link on the web page.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:50 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Hitec Aurora Transmitters (Adapter Cord)

Quote:
bhouin, one of the choices listed is "FS One v2 for Futaba/Hitec (round DIN)". That is probably a safe bet. To be sure, if you don't get confirmation here, is to leave them a question by selecting the "Contact Us" link on the web page.
Turns out the new Aurora is a different cable than what the used before. We think that the Aurora spec matches the Spektrum DX6i cable, but we've not tested it yet.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 07:49 PM
United States, WI, Kenosha
Joined Aug 2004
82 Posts
Michael,

You are correct. The Aurora does use a different cable. I am curious if either another cable that you already have will work or if one of the current ones with any of the cables from Hitec in combination will work.

http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/acc...nterfaces.html
bhouin is offline Find More Posts by bhouin
Old Dec 23, 2010, 02:34 AM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhouin View Post
Michael,

You are correct. The Aurora does use a different cable. I am curious if either another cable that you already have will work or if one of the current ones with any of the cables from Hitec in combination will work.

http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/acc...nterfaces.html
We have the Spektrum DX6i cable, and we think that will work w/ the sim + Aurora. The other Hitec cables in the link will not work because they are not wired for our interface on the other end.