HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:33 PM
Joined May 2004
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSelig View Post
This one: FS One v2 for JR/Spektrum FS2022
FS2022 is the whole program. I am just looking for the interface cable. I already have the FS One v2. Is it just the standard JR/Spektrum cable?
Cbones is offline Find More Posts by Cbones
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:35 PM
FS One
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Demo video(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzom View Post
Yes that would be what I meant. The number of RC sims are growing and none really have a good demo. And the demos that are available are rather old builds.
Right now the best way to judge the sim is to watch it in action, which is how some other demos work (we've not invented anything new here).

There are many videos on FSOne.com. Below is another. This one is cool because it shows in slow motion the stick inputs needed to do a Rolling Harrier Turn. You can see how the control surfaces at the tail are always working to keep the nose up and also turning back around to the left. Aileron is always hard over to keep it rolling. You can watch the sticks to see how they are first out of phase and then transition to the turn and back out. Flying like this becomes second nature after you learn it, but it's really neat to go back and do a little diagnostics: "how's that work!". Also, understanding how it works is the first step to "programming" your thumbs!

Hangar 9 Ultimate TOC 46% on FS One - Rolling Harrier Turn (2 min 19 sec)

ps This is bigger/cleaner on youtube.com.
MSelig is offline Find More Posts by MSelig
Last edited by MSelig; Jan 28, 2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: ps .....
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:36 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbones View Post
FS2022 is the whole program. I am just looking for the interface cable. I already have the FS One v2. Is it just the standard JR/Spektrum cable?
Opps, my bad. Yes, standard JR/Spektrum. This one: JR/Spektrum Adapter Cable for FS One v2 FSAC22
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:56 AM
TDI Abuser
Joined Sep 2002
4,125 Posts
Dang wish I could find my Tac con . Whats a good Tac con alternative ? I want something self powered so Im not fiddling with yet another set of batteries .
Im getting ready to travel so I need the room and the less worries the better .

Thanks
Mike
flyinghigh is offline Find More Posts by flyinghigh
Old Jan 29, 2011, 02:58 PM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSelig View Post
Right now the best way to judge the sim is to watch it in action, which is how some other demos work (we've not invented anything new here).

There are many videos on FSOne.com. Below is another. This one is cool because it shows in slow motion the stick inputs needed to do a Rolling Harrier Turn. You can see how the control surfaces at the tail are always working to keep the nose up and also turning back around to the left. Aileron is always hard over to keep it rolling. You can watch the sticks to see how they are first out of phase and then transition to the turn and back out. Flying like this becomes second nature after you learn it, but it's really neat to go back and do a little diagnostics: "how's that work!". Also, understanding how it works is the first step to "programming" your thumbs!

ps This is bigger/cleaner on youtube.com.
Thanks for the vid. But vids are not really the same as a real-time demo for me.

Regarding the sounds, I'm no expert. Just like to have the option of adding custom material. But no need to be an expert on those things, good knowledge of Sound Forge and Photoshop will get you very far
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Old Jan 29, 2011, 04:56 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghigh View Post
Dang wish I could find my Tac con . Whats a good Tac con alternative ? I want something self powered so Im not fiddling with yet another set of batteries .
Im getting ready to travel so I need the room and the less worries the better .

Thanks
Mike
Great question ... but ... I think only the old TacCon is going to do that. Maybe the Futaba buddy boxes take power from the connector, but that's only a *guess*.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:21 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,881 Posts
Spektrum DX8 and FS One

Just to confirm that the DX8 works fine with FS One v2 with a slight wrinkle. If you use the Spektrum Tx template, it assigns the AUX3 knob to RESET. If you leave the knob at one end of its travel (which is what I suspect most folks do with that channel), the Tx calibrates perfectly and all the controls appear to work but the plane just inches along the runway at full throttle. What it is doing is continually resetting the aircraft. It's covered in the FAQ but it had me fooled for a minute. Just set the knob to 50% and it works fine. Prob. true of other Spektrum Tx as well.

Also, Michael a question. Is it possible to have FSOne not use the default display? I have two monitors and it would work for me much better on Monitor 2.

Thanks, john
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:26 PM
United States, ME, Stonington
Joined Aug 2005
103 Posts
In post #174 diceco wrote: What hardware is needed in V2 for two people to fly two different models on the sim simultaneously? I've checked the FSO web site but didn't find a clear answer. Is it as simple as just buying another USB adapter for a second Tx and plugging it into another USB port on the computer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by camilleg View Post
Diceco, yes, it is that simple. Actually it's simpler. You need at least one v2 USB adapter. The second transmitter can plug into almost anything: FS One v1 interface, RealFlight G3 interlink, FS One v1 2-player interface, or even just a generic USB gamepad with no interface at all.
MMmmm.. maybe not THAT simple. I just got a second adapter cable from FSOne with a little tiny usb connector (usb mini B 5 pin?). After re-reading some of the FAQ's and posts it seems that I CAN NOT simply plug this into an empty USB port on my computer (with the correct gender changer) but I need some kind of interface, which I don't have. (I gave my FSOne V1 program and controller to my son!).

Would someone please give me a recommendation for the necessary additional hardware needed to get this program up and running with two players.

Thanks, diceco
diceco is offline Find More Posts by diceco
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:24 AM
Woodstock, VT
Joined Jan 2007
715 Posts
diceco,
After reading your post a few times, I'm making the following assumption; V2 is up and running without a problem, you bought a second adapter cable and you have a second transmitter, but when you plug the second adapter cable into a "gender changer" and then into the computer FSOne doesn't recognize it, correct?
If so, I think you missing an element here, camilleg indicated:
"The second transmitter can plug into almost anything: FS One v1 interface, RealFlight G3 interlink, FS One v1 2-player interface, or even just a generic USB gamepad with no interface at all."
To me that means the "gender changer" is something specific to a gaming interface. So maybe you could specify what type of "gender changer" you are referring to.
Scott
Sctholson is online now Find More Posts by Sctholson
Old Jan 30, 2011, 08:46 AM
Joined May 2008
263 Posts
I think what he meant by "gender changer" is a regular non-sim adapter for mini-usb to normal usb plug. As diceco has already noticed from the faq, that's not going to work and could damage something. He needs a sim interface of some kind for the second TX.

Judging by the fact that a gamepad can work by itself as a 2nd TX, then a generic TX interface which works and ID's itself the same as a generic gamepad should work then. Correct me if that's not right.
Aerosapien is offline Find More Posts by Aerosapien
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:21 AM
United States, ME, Stonington
Joined Aug 2005
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosapien View Post
I think what he meant by "gender changer" is a regular non-sim adapter for mini-usb to normal usb plug. As diceco has already noticed from the faq, that's not going to work and could damage something. He needs a sim interface of some kind for the second TX.

Judging by the fact that a gamepad can work by itself as a 2nd TX, then a generic TX interface which works and ID's itself the same as a generic gamepad should work then. Correct me if that's not right.
Yes to all of the above! I should have said "adapter" rather than "gender changer". The end of the FSO interface cable has a "USB mini-b 5 pin" male plug. My computer has only a "USB-A" female USB receptacle.

BUT, it appears I can't just plug the cable from my TX directly into my computer. I guess I need some sort of "interface" to plug the end of the FSO cable into; the end that's not connected to my TX! (LOL).

diceco
diceco is offline Find More Posts by diceco
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:45 AM
Joined May 2008
263 Posts
The following TX interface should work (as a second TX) as this installs as a gamepad... again based on the fact that the second TX can be a gamepad. It's discounted from $10, so something less than $10

This probably needs confirmation on whether it's compatible, but here it is:

http://shop.tomsrc.com/product_info.php?products_id=261

Quote:
Installed as GamePad / Joystick; no drivers necessary.

Compatible with all modern Operating Systems: Windows (XP, Vista, 7), Linux
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:14 AM
Brockton, MA
Joined Nov 2003
375 Posts
I don't know if this question has already been asked... but here goes.

I gave my FSOne V1 to a friend to get him started in RC. If I buy FSOne V2, do I need to use a 'real' Tx (which I have to keep recharging), or will a buddy box work?

Thanks,

Bob
N1EDM is offline Find More Posts by N1EDM
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:55 AM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1EDM View Post
I don't know if this question has already been asked... but here goes.

I gave my FSOne V1 to a friend to get him started in RC. If I buy FSOne V2, do I need to use a 'real' Tx (which I have to keep recharging), or will a buddy box work?

Thanks,

Bob
The short answer is that buddy boxes will not work.

For a little more detail, here's an FAQ that we just created for this:
http://www.fsone.com/tech_4030.php
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:56 AM
Joined May 2008
263 Posts
edit: question answered above