HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:53 AM
Crash
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Jun 2007
176 Posts
Help!
This charger, or this one

I have the hyperion 1210i, the whole set up, Charger, and 2 lba10. I like it but its too involved, and too many wires. I am going to sell it and purchace a newer more simple one. I just want to plug in the battery and charge. I will most likely be charging larger batteries in the future. but now Im charging 2c 3c and 4c. I want to charge 2 batts at a time and ballance. I got it down to these two.
First, CellPro 10s Charger with 2 GP/KO (JST XH/JST EH/HR) Adapters Combo
And this one, HobbyKing Quattro 4x6S Lithium Polymer Multi Charger

There is a price difference, And one is softwear upgreatable.

Which one do you guys recomend. I really like the hobbyking.

Remember, I want simple and multiple charging.
zen3 is offline Find More Posts by zen3
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:14 AM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,450 Posts
I have the hobbyking 4 port charger it's very simple to use and i like it.
the only thing i am looking for a charger with the internal resistance meter this is good to see how if your lipo packs are getting old and bad... the cellpro has this function.... that's one i am looking at or the Icharger 106B+ but if you only want to have 1 charger the 4 port is very nice because you can charge 4 packs at one time that are any type of pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen3 View Post
I have the hyperion 1210i, the whole set up, Charger, and 2 lba10. I like it but its too involved, and too many wires. I am going to sell it and purchace a newer more simple one. I just want to plug in the battery and charge. I will most likely be charging larger batteries in the future. but now Im charging 2c 3c and 4c. I want to charge 2 batts at a time and ballance. I got it down to these two.

reptileman is offline Find More Posts by reptileman
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:22 AM
Crash
Joined Jun 2007
176 Posts
Is the internal resistance meter a must have? Is the HobbyKing Quattro software upgradable? The HobbyKing Quattro seems to be less complicated, and less wires.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:23 AM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,127 Posts
Between the two, I vote for the CellPro 10s.

But for the price of the CellPro, I'd have a look at the iCharger 206B, which is 20 Amps/300W vs. the 10A/250W of the CellPro. (unless you are looking for an 10S charger, specifically.)

Then, get the Paraboard to charge multiple lipos at the same time.

KC
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:59 AM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
Between the two, I vote for the CellPro 10s.

But for the price of the CellPro, I'd have a look at the iCharger 206B, which is 20 Amps/300W vs. the 10A/250W of the CellPro. (unless you are looking for an 10S charger, specifically.)

Then, get the Paraboard to charge multiple lipos at the same time.

KC
That looks like a good idea with the 206B but with that multiple pack unit don't all the packs cell voltages have to be very close or it won't work properly?

Also the hobby king charger is very easy to use It works great for charging 4 packs at one time.
reptileman is offline Find More Posts by reptileman
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:22 PM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen3
I just want to plug in the battery and charge. I will most likely be charging larger batteries in the future. but now Im charging 2c 3c and 4c. I want to charge 2 batts at a time and balance.
Charging multiple lipos at greater that 1C will require a high power charger, like the iCharger 206B.

The only advantage of the 50W/channel HobbyKing Quattro is the 4 independant charging port to charge different chemistry at the same time that you have mentioned.

For more info about parallel charging, check the Paraboard link above... or the original Parallel charging thread.

KC
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Dec 13, 2010, 08:03 PM
Crash
Joined Jun 2007
176 Posts
What is the big difference between the cell pro 10 and 8? Other then the obvious.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:20 AM
Retired CFI Helicopter
Southeast PA
Joined Jun 2007
1,609 Posts
++ I'm with KC.

An iCharger 206B at 20 amps and 300 watts would be my minimum charger.

With todays advancements in lipo high C charge rates I would opt for the iCharger 306B 30 amps and 1000 watts if I wanted to future proof my purchase.

Parallel pack connects for charging .... Really big packs need to be "similar" voltage as the current flow can be high. Smaller packs ... it seems to make little difference as the amp flow is much lower.

Parallel Charging 6 LiPo Batteries Using iCharger 206B (2 min 2 sec)

Bob
Hughes500Bob is offline Find More Posts by Hughes500Bob
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:11 AM
Crash
Joined Jun 2007
176 Posts
I was thinking. And after doing some research, I think I'm gonna stick with my Hyperion. I'm starting to understand it's functions, and other modestly priced chargers can't match it's features. I had it for awhile but just never really used it. But now that I'm getting better at flying, I do use it more. It seems to get the job done well.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 08:41 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2009
554 Posts
Thunder AC6

Intelligent AC-6 Lipo Charger Review with charge examples. (14 min 0 sec)

http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html
hobbypartz is offline Find More Posts by hobbypartz
Old Jun 08, 2011, 11:10 PM
Joined Jul 2010
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen3 View Post

i have got one 4 ports charger from this link http://www.aliexpress.com/store/8004...airplanes.html .The price is very cheap and it is also very simple .I think it will be useful for you !!!!
morning glory is offline Find More Posts by morning glory