SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 27, 2011, 07:56 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
Here's another one, facing back.
Enjoy...

Dynam Cessna 182 off ice #2 (4 min 44 sec)
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2011, 04:56 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Do you think Nitroplanes would check the box for a blue motor before shipping it?
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Mar 09, 2011, 07:56 AM
Blade mSR freak
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
I ordered additional items with mine, and they opened the box to pack them inside, so it seems they could check the box for other issues. The fuselage comes in its own long box inside, which could be easily opened and checked if they agreed to it. The motor is quite visible inside.

I think the red motors were on earlier releases of this version. I get the feeling they all come with the blue motors now, but I could be wrong.

As I mentioned a while back, they need to check the fuse anyway before they ship these. The tail end is prone to breakage inside the box.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 07:35 PM
Blade mSR freak
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
I'm almost done building the floats for my Cessna.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:58 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro_pyro View Post
I'm almost done building the floats for my Cessna.
Pics of it mounted?
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Last edited by Melnic; Oct 17, 2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:55 PM
Blade mSR freak
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
I flew it last night on the floats for the first time with no "chase boat" in the water. It flies like a tank, but gets the job done. I'll post photos soon.
Old Apr 02, 2011, 09:12 AM
Blade mSR freak
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
Floats...

Old Apr 05, 2011, 06:09 PM
Joined Apr 2011
2 Posts
Can't figure out prop installation

I'm having difficulties installing the prop on this plane. I've never built a power model before, only a two channel balsa glider when I was a kid about 30 years ago. I bought the Dynam Cessna as a 4 channel trainer and wanted something I could put together quickly.

Anyway, I'm a bit confused about the propeller installation. The manual is pretty much useless, and I've looked on youtube / forums for a walkthru but no luck.

The only way for it all to fit together properly (as I see it) is to thread everything on to the motor shaft all at once...in other words, locknut inside the spinner backpiece, then prop w/ locknut inside front of prop, and spin it all onto the shaft so that the nuts are inside their respective places.

I did this, and it seemed to install fine. I installed the spinner, and then did a bit of motor testing to see if it all worked. I eventually spun up to full power and the motor shaft broke! The prop flew off, bounced off the workbench and hit my arm. Fortunately it was cold in my shop and I had a jacket on.

Anyway, what am I doing wrong? Also, do the two washers that come with the motor fit on there somehow?

I didn't use any ca or threadlock to hold everything together; was that my mistake? I think the entire assemply spun back on the shaft, reached the non-threaded portion and caused it to shear (that is where it broke).

Thanks,
greg

ps hydro pyro, your floats look great!
newbster is offline Find More Posts by newbster
Old Apr 05, 2011, 07:31 PM
Blade mSR freak
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
This is from memory...

Nut (hex side forward), spinner back fits onto nut, prop, (washer?), nut, then mount the spinner tip.
Old Apr 06, 2011, 08:57 AM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,737 Posts
Hydro's description of the prop installation is spot on. I don't understand the idea of "threading everything on the motor shaft all at once".

Floats look nice but sure are bulky - I would imagine they really impact the plane's flight performance.

My plane is sort of like the energizer bunny. It just keeps going and going... I've now logged 106 flights on it with no issues. It's a very nice flyer and a real value at it's modest price.
dbc is offline Find More Posts by dbc
Old Apr 06, 2011, 02:23 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1 Posts
Does anyone know where I can buy the compartment door for the bottom of the fuselage? Mine fell off during flight and dissapeared. Lol. Can't find it anywhere.
Driggan7 is offline Find More Posts by Driggan7
Old Apr 06, 2011, 03:16 PM
Blade mSR freak
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
That's going to be tough. They don't really seem to sell parts for these, they are complete kits. You'd have to cut a new cover from scratch and install the magnet.

The floats and hardware weigh around 5 ounces. It flies like a tank and needs lots of throttle in the turns, but handles OK. Take-offs, landings, even loops and rolls are good. Lots of fun over a big calm lake. They're made from extruded styrofoam, spackle, poly, and Econo-Kote covering, with lightweight aluminum tubing struts.
Old Apr 06, 2011, 04:57 PM
Joined Apr 2011
2 Posts
re: Can't figure out prop installation

Hydro,

I tried it your way (I ordered a new motor as I couldn't find just the motor shaft...) and it worked just fine. Thanks for the info.

dbc, it's easy to thread it all on at once...just insert nut into back spinner piece, put prop on with the other locknut inside of the prop. Now spin the entire assembly onto the shaft at the same time. This results in all locknuts being 'inside'; assuming no washers are used. However, I don't recommend this without using threadlock or ca on the threads, because otherwise the assembly could spin down the shaft like it did for me.

Basically, the way hydro laid out is better so I'm going to stick with that.
newbster is offline Find More Posts by newbster
Old Apr 09, 2011, 01:00 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,927 Posts
This plane will be arriving on my door step on Monday. Is this the right forum for it?

Cub

http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a300-14...-blue-arf.html
Cubcrazy is online now Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
Old Apr 09, 2011, 07:00 AM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,737 Posts
No. This is the Dynam, not the AirField plane.
dbc is offline Find More Posts by dbc