TcCobra13 is offline Find More Posts by TcCobra13
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ESKY D700 3G fix
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:48 PM
Seymour,TN
Joined Feb 2010
248 Posts
anyone know what size screws that go in the wing and landing gear are?
TcCobra13 is offline Find More Posts by TcCobra13
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ESKY D700 3G fix
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:58 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined May 2010
1,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TcCobra13 View Post
anyone know what size screws that go in the wing and landing gear are?
The manual says:
LG: 2.5mm x 8mm (picture #5 page 4)
Wings:2.3mm x 20mm (picture #18 page 6)
Galand is offline Find More Posts by Galand
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:02 AM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
Another way to make those screws work is to turn an extra screw into a tap: sharpen the edge of a Dremel wheel with a honing stone, then carefully slice a narrow lengthwise slot into the screw just behind the tip. Similar to a self-tapping screw. This will cut threads into the plastic inserts. Then use the normal screw and it will go in like butter.
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:56 PM
Joined May 2010
1,848 Posts
Thx Guys for help in deciding between fms and dynam...Question: does stock dynam have a better power weight ratio then FMS?...also I really like the fact that FMS has nav lights...is there a nav light kit available for dynam at Hobbypartz or HK that is cheap and easy to install? Also are red and green nav lights visable on cloudy days when plane gets pretty far out and you can't see it well...Sometimes with my glider i lose site and can't tell if its coming or going away further and never had lights being a newbe...and if you had a red light on one wingtip and green on the other that was visible it would be very beneficial in getting orientation back ... thx again for all the help making this new hobby a much better experience..
hate2crash is online now Find More Posts by hate2crash
Last edited by hate2crash; Oct 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:52 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
Thx Guys for help in deciding between fms and dynam...Question: does stock dynam have a better power weight ratio then FMS?...also I really like the fact that FMS has nav lights...is there a nav light kit available for dynam at Hobbypartz or HK that is cheap and easy to install? Also are red and green nav lights visable on cloudy days when plane gets pretty far out and you can't see it well...Sometimes with my glider i lose site and can't tell if its coming or going away further and never had lights being a newbe...and if you had a red light on one wingtip and green on the other that was visible it would be very beneficial in getting orientation back ... thx again for all the help making this new hobby a much better experience..
Dynam is better in all ways. I have flown the 2 back to back and the Dynam was much better. Light and agile but still very docile as well...
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:50 AM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,736 Posts
I have the Dynam as well as the FMS 40" and FMS 55" Cessnas. Each plane has different strengths and weaknesses; therefore the "best" will depend on what is important to you.

The factory installed lights on the FMS planes are not very bright and are really only visible late evening or in the dark.
dbc is offline Find More Posts by dbc
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined May 2010
1,848 Posts
I guess the best choice is dynam..The arf is dirt cheap for what u get...I just hope its not much harder to fly then my axn cloads fly..thx
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:43 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,041 Posts
Quote:
I guess the best choice is dynam..The arf is dirt cheap for what u get...I just hope its not much harder to fly then my axn cloads fly..thx
you will do fine. it is a great plane for the money!!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined May 2010
1,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
Well take a look at how I did it. The strips all come ready to go and all you do is power them with a 12volt battery. I use the main battery wired into a brushed esc connected to the gear switch. I recessed the strips into the wings so that they don't affect airflow over the wings and during the day you can't even see them really. But at night this is what you get....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=306
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=311

Are these lights visible during the day to help prevent loss of orientation? If so i would like to do this to mine when i receive it..thx
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:48 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,041 Posts
Quote:
Are these lights visible during the day to help prevent loss of orientation? If so i would like to do this to mine when i receive it..thx
Not so much... they are best used at dawn or dusk....and full on pitch black works well too!! Take a look

Flying my Dynam Cessna 182 LED plane (0 min 51 sec)
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:05 PM
Joined May 2010
1,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
Not so much... they are best used at dawn or dusk....and full on pitch black works well too!! Take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8lRW...&feature=g-upl
very cool...thx
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:39 PM
Always puts it on the numbers.
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,147 Posts
The new one came today. this will be the 4th in my collection. I had been thinking about doing a USCG for a while but the C-130 has been out of my budget. So today when the new 182 came, I thought, This is a good time to do the CG Paint scheme. First some research to see if they had any Cessna's in there fleet and they did, so here is my version of it...
Spookeay is offline Find More Posts by Spookeay
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:58 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined May 2010
1,546 Posts
Parallel Leds

The 6 parallel connector arrived from HK.
I hooked up the wing leds (2 Greens and 4 Reds) to the balance plug of a 3S after soldering an 80ohm 1W resistor into the red lead.
They all light up perfectly. Resistor is approx 50C and steady. Just a bit too hot to feel comfortable for the fingers after 10 seconds.
Been switched on for 1 hour, no problem sofar.
Galand is offline Find More Posts by Galand
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined May 2010
1,848 Posts
Hi I just received this plane... Very nice model....Can someone tell me the best way to hook up the stock nav lights? Should i just plug into 3s 2200 balance plug? I'm just not sure if these lights can handle 12 volts or not....Thax