SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 07, 2012, 02:44 PM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,774 Posts
Nitro shows out of stock on the stock motor but it's available here:

http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...or-p-1362.html

You can also get just the shaft for it but it can require a good deal of pressure to remove the shaft from the bell once the grub screw is loosened. Some folks hammer the shaft out but it really should be pressed out. This isn't hard to do if you have a large vice and something (such as a large socket) to use as a collar.

I would also discourage you from flying it 3 channel. Its not designed for this.
dbc is online now Find More Posts by dbc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2012, 04:57 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,066 Posts
Anyone know why the price of these went up from $71 to $99?
Brian_ is offline Find More Posts by Brian_
Old Jun 07, 2012, 06:55 PM
United States, OH, Powell
Joined Jun 2012
139 Posts
got it

Thanks for the repsones and the guidance. I ordered it on Grayson and I will be taking the plane to a local hobby store tomorrow, to see if they can put another prop and motor for the current. I appreciate your support and help. Once I learn to fly this thing I will play with setting up the led!!! I think I have along time to and guerilla is my best friend!!
mman is offline Find More Posts by mman
Old Jun 09, 2012, 07:18 AM
Joined Jun 2012
139 Posts
2nd crash

I went to the local hobby store and they hooked me up with new motor and blade. They also gave me wires to hookup the led's. So I got everything together with some patients and some beer and all looked great!!
Took it out and this time it was a fantastic 10 seconds of flight and I ran it into the trees. I panic and forget all the flight sim training. I think my brain is having a hard time adjusting to the controls as they are different from the mini cub!!
Any way more glue....blewout the led's......and I'm good to go again this a.m.
I did some deep breathing exercises and will try it again
Old Jun 09, 2012, 09:21 AM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,468 Posts
Hang in there man you and will get it. In no time you will be doing inverted harrier flights.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Jun 09, 2012, 03:48 PM
Joined Jun 2012
139 Posts
3rd crash

This crash was about 3 seconds.......I broke the fire wall and fried the servo......another trip to local hobby shop. The guy is asking me if I bought a good plane or not!!! More glue and more beer,,,,,,will try again tonight.
Do u guys think I should have gotten another 4 channel plane that's easier to fly?
Old Jun 09, 2012, 05:07 PM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,468 Posts
Dude this one is easy to fly. Please describe how you are doing your take offs.
Where are your trims set to?
Does it roll the same direction each time you have flown?
Do you have someone around that can trim your plane out for you and give you a hand?
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Jun 09, 2012, 08:35 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
I learned 4-channel from flying the Blade mSR Heli, then learned planes on the ParkZone ultra-micro P-51 Mustang. The Cessna was a very natural transition. I've never had any serious pilot-error crashes with mine. I fly off floats in the summer.
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:24 PM
Joined Jun 2012
139 Posts
Sorry for the long delay. I got stuck on a hf mustang P51 that was given to me as a gift. Well I have been tearing the plane as well and have been using lots of glue on that one too. I crashed it several times and now I have to wait for epoxy to dry!! I am trying to get some one to respond to me on another post about where to get the motor shaft as I broke that too....
As for this plane, I went back to the hobby shop and the guy told me that I should not try to fly with the rudder to make turns but to focus on the ailerons. He suggested that I was stalling the plane by giving it too much rudder at take off.
He had previously told me how to setu the plane so everything was even...... I believe the setting were good, or altealst they looked good to me....
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:12 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
True-- you can fly with just one stick. Rudder just helps make turns more smoothly. Take off with plenty of speed, and don't try to climb too quickly. You'll be ok.
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
Old Jun 15, 2012, 07:11 AM
Joined Jun 2012
139 Posts
thanks

i feel like trying to fly 4 channel airplanes is just a dream for me. I spent hours fixing and 5 seconds crashing!!
Will try again today!!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:01 AM
Always puts it on the numbers.
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,149 Posts
These are good planes... Keep at it.. I use mine to do video... I have a small Nikon Cool-Pix,,, Hung out the window of mine and shoot video of our new house being built.
house flight 4 (5 min 21 sec)
Spookeay is offline Find More Posts by Spookeay
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:59 AM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Hey guys....question for ya. Got a friend that just got one of these and is almost done putting it together, but has a part left over that he can't figure out what to do with. He says it's called a "Bolt Pipe". Mind you, he says the manual doesn't refer to it at all and only knows that's what it's called because of what he found in the "Spare Parts" page for that plane. See here: http://www.nitroplanes.com/60p-dy8938-skytr-14.html

I don't have access to his manual and can't seem to find any place to download it so I can only guess. I have about 8 different foam planes myself and am very familiar with most all parts but can't figure out what the heck a "Bolt Pipe" is or what it would be for. It looks pretty much like a wing spar but appears to be to short for that. Any ideas?

Thanks
-B
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:06 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Hmmmm...just watched the 2 build videos and I think I was right. Looks like it IS the Wing Spar to me. He didn't think so but I told him that's about the ONLY thing a black hollow tube is usually for. Weird that it's called a "Bolt Pipe" in the spar parts section. Anyway.... I think the mystery is solved.

-B
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:13 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias View Post
Hmmmm...just watched the 2 build videos and I think I was right. Looks like it IS the Wing Spar to me. He didn't think so but I told him that's about the ONLY thing a black hollow tube is usually for. Weird that it's called a "Bolt Pipe" in the spar parts section. Anyway.... I think the mystery is solved.

-B
Its the wing spar. It is also a good idea to glue the wing halves as well. The wing can be very strong when glued and the struts screwed in place...
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33