HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by bobskinner, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:55 AM
Bazinga!
Loveland, CO
Joined Aug 2006
379 Posts
Trader Rating: 159
For Sale
micro Slow Stick conversion kit for Ember 2

I have a few of these kits available. The kit is designed to fit the Ember 2 airframe and electronics. Some of the parts require a bit of sanding and possibly some very minpr cutting/adjusting to make them fit due to the tolerance on the laser cutting. But for the most part it is a relatively simple and straightforward build.

The weight of the final wing and tail set will also vary due to variations in wood density, I am working on getting more consistent weight wood from the company where I cut the kits. So far it seems like the final covered weight falls somewhere between 7-12 grams for the wing and tail.

I am asking $21 shipped for kit (laser cut balsa) only and $24 shipped including red or yellow Coverite microlite covering. Shipping included within the USA and possibly Canada if it isn't much more expensive.

I am more than willing to build a set for anyone interested but it takes me around 5 or 6 hours including building a box to ship it in. So to almost make it worth my time I would ask around $50 for a built and shipped wing and tail set in your choice of yellow or red. This seems quite expensive to me so I don't expect many to be interested but to be honest I cannot afford to do it for much less than that at the moment.

I would also consider trades or part trade for (BNF airplane only, where applicable):

-UM J3 Cub
-UM T28 Trojan
-UM Sukhoi XP
-Parkzone Champ
-Celectra 4-port charger with wall plug

I have started a build log in my blog here. Please feel free to send my a PM with any questions or comments.

The kits for sale here are as in the first picture below, not built and still in the balsa sheet (unless you request a built wing and tail set as mentioned above). No Ember airframe or any other Ember parts included. The laser cut sheet is cut into 3 parts to simplify shipping, none of the parts are at all affected by this.

Thanks for looking,

Bob

Video:
micro Slow Stick conversion for Ember2 (2 min 49 sec)
bobskinner is offline Find More Posts by bobskinner
Last edited by bobskinner; May 07, 2011 at 04:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:50 AM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,644 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
So this is for an Ember brick and motor?
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Apr 22, 2011, 01:41 PM
Bazinga!
Loveland, CO
Joined Aug 2006
379 Posts
I completely forgot about this thread! My apologies.

I still have a few of these kits left and yes, they are for the Ember 2 airframe and electronics.

Bob
Old Apr 29, 2011, 07:18 AM
Rem The Wasp CV-7 9/15/42
Santa Clarita,CA
Joined Apr 2004
1,685 Posts
Trader Rating: 229
Hi Bob,
How do they fly once completed? I am interested in a red, pre-built wing.
SammyB is offline Find More Posts by SammyB
Old Apr 29, 2011, 09:33 AM
Bazinga!
Loveland, CO
Joined Aug 2006
379 Posts
Hi SammyB,

I think they fly pretty well, at least comparable to the original Ember 2. I recently finished a red one for myself and flew it in a 40x60ft indoor venue last week without any issues.

I just uploaded a video I took of the original one I built last year, I'm not sure why I had not uploaded it before. It is in the first post.
I will get some video of it flying indoors in the next couple of weeks also.

Bob
Last edited by bobskinner; May 07, 2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 09:41 AM
Rem The Wasp CV-7 9/15/42
Santa Clarita,CA
Joined Apr 2004
1,685 Posts
Trader Rating: 229
Great Bob. Put me down for a red one pre-built. I just had a baby and don't have time to build even the easiest of things and these micros are all I can do right now since I can fly in my street. Let me know how long you think it will be until it is ready to ship.
SammyB is offline Find More Posts by SammyB
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:41 AM
AMA 207801
Joined Oct 2009
6 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Bob, I sent you a PM before I found this thread.

This thread answers most of my questions, so please contact me so I can arrange payment for the purchase of one or more kits.

If available, I would like one of each of the Red and Yellow kits and a third laser-cut balsa only kit.

Thanks,

Tom

N8TPN
N8TPN is offline Find More Posts by N8TPN
Old Apr 16, 2012, 03:13 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2012
36 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Hi Bob,

long time since the last post I know, but do you have any of these cracking kits left?

Thanks,

Craig
craig01 is offline Find More Posts by craig01
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:17 AM
Brisbane, California
Joined Jul 2009
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Hi Bob. Do you have any wing conversion kits available for my Ember 2?

Thanks,
Gordon
gordonyee is offline Find More Posts by gordonyee