HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Treeline, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 10:11 AM
Joined Oct 2010
396 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Sold
Tires, Tires, Tires... Wheels, Wheels, Wheels

Lots of them, and I mean LOTS of all brand new tires and wheels. Most of them are the 3.8" variety of different brands.

I'd like to sell them all off in at least "4 tire/4 wheel" sets.

As just one example, the pic below is of a pair of Team Losi, Zombie-Maxx tires w/foam as described by Losi here:
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...odID=LOSA7670R
But again, there are many different brands and types available.

I'm asking to get $28 for a full set of 4 tires + 4 wheels for what would normally be about $80 worth of stuff. (That $28 INCLUDES shipping CONUS)

Tell me what you want and I'll go through and see what I can come up with.
As you might imagine, first responders get best chance of getting what you want.

Please post your wish list here, but also PM me in case I don't check back here often enough.

Thanks
Treeline is online now Find More Posts by Treeline
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2010, 10:22 AM
Joined Dec 2009
226 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
wheels

i need 4 wheels for a usa 1 nitro crusher kyosho truck
jimkidmotors is offline Find More Posts by jimkidmotors
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:13 AM
they call me crash
NC
Joined Oct 2005
198 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
whats the biggest set of 4 you have? I need new ones for my REVO
SPCustoms is offline Find More Posts by SPCustoms
Old Dec 11, 2010, 09:58 PM
Quebec, Canada
Joined Apr 2005
60 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Do you have anything in a 40 series tire/rim combo?
Fabe is offline Find More Posts by Fabe
Old Dec 12, 2010, 08:25 AM
Joined Oct 2010
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkidmotors View Post
i need 4 wheels for a usa 1 nitro crusher kyosho truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCustoms View Post
whats the biggest set of 4 you have? I need new ones for my REVO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabe View Post
jimkid; I'm selling this "vast" store of wheels and tires as part of an estate liquidation, so I don't personally know what particular tire size and wheel type any particular car uses. If you could give me sizes and axle nut sizes, it would help immensely.
I wish this estate had consisted of mostly airplane stuff instead because then I'd know more about the specifics of brands and types etc.

SPCustoms; I think that the 3.8" are the most common and maybe even the largest, but I'll go through them next week (I keep it all in a storage room at work and we're getting busy at work before Christmas) but I'll let you know later next week and post it here in this thread.

Fabe; note my comment to jimkid that I'm not much into cars, but I'll look at labels for any reference to "40 Series" and see what I can come up with. I'll post back here later this coming week.

Thanks all.

All: My PM list for requests is growing and I'm going to fill requests in order of receipt, so feel free to post general questions here, but if you know what you want, and want them, please PM me with that request.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 09:46 AM
Joined Oct 2010
396 Posts
Quote:
Fabe, I did some googling and it appears that "40 Series" tires have different treads and even different sizes.

Can you tell me exactly what makes a tire (or wheel) a "40 Series"?

And by the way, everybody; because these are all NIB (new-in-bag) items, NONE of the tires and wheels are mounted so please don't expect them to come that way.
As NIB items (virtually all of them bagged in pairs), you'll have to mount the tires to the wheels yourself.
I thought I should add this little disclaimer to avoid any misunderstanding.
Last edited by Treeline; Dec 13, 2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 09:40 PM
Quebec, Canada
Joined Apr 2005
60 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
For the Proline's I PM'd you about, the rims are 3.8" for 40-series and 3.2" for standard size. The company's wheel offset and tire size guides might be helpful...they will show general sizes, whereas there are many companies making many different treads like you mention. If the tire/rim is big, and you're not sure what it is, just shoot me a PM.
Fabe is offline Find More Posts by Fabe
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:12 AM
Joined Oct 2010
396 Posts
Quote:
For the Proline's I PM'd you about, the rims are 3.8" for 40-series and 3.2" for standard size. The company's wheel offset and tire size guides might be helpful...they will show general sizes, whereas there are many companies making many different treads like you mention. If the tire/rim is big, and you're not sure what it is, just shoot me a PM.
On just casual looking so far, it looks to me that most (but not all) of what I have are 3.8".

As far as the wheels, they are of all appearances including chrome spokes and colored solid.
On the wheels, they all seem to have a hex molded "nut" on the inside, and I suppose that's what you need to know what cars or trucks they will fit.

I'm learning as I go along here.

This afternoon (Tue.) is the day I have to spend the entire afternoon in a dentist's chair, but starting tomorrow, I'll be going through the boxes and putting together the requests I have and get back to everyone by Friday.
I'll snap pics of the sets I pull and send them out to the buyers to make sure they like what I pull.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 07:21 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
625 Posts
pm sent
Tiernan85 is offline Find More Posts by Tiernan85
Old Dec 19, 2010, 09:34 PM
Joined Oct 2010
396 Posts
Hi guys,
I've come up with some close matches for a few of you, but I want to take some pics and post them here to show you what I did before we go any further.
But I'm really beat, and I want to put this crappy weekend behind me so I'm going to bed. Don't ask.

I'll take those pics when I get home from work tomorrow (Mon.) and PM you with the specifics and then you can come here in the thread to see if you like what I did.

If patience is a virtue, then you are all Saints.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 08:23 PM
Joined Oct 2010
396 Posts
RickAvery: Check your PM for comments. These are the raw pics.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 08:26 PM
Joined Oct 2010
396 Posts
PoisonJam: Check your PM for notes. These are the raw pics.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 08:29 PM
Joined Oct 2010
396 Posts
Fabe: Check your PM. These are raw pics.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 08:29 PM
Joined Oct 2010
396 Posts
jimkidmotors: Check your PM. I have question.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 09:26 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
so, do you also have bodies for sale? because i thought you posted a thread on that in the car section of the forums.
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02
Closed Thread