Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:11 AM
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
United States, MA, Westport
Joined Nov 2011
1,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroman View Post
gotta see if this works
I would have joined you but I just noticed this post.
Did everything work for you?
Hit N Run is offline Find More Posts by Hit N Run
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:00 AM
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit N Run View Post
I would have joined you but I just noticed this post.
Did everything work for you?
I had a bit of a glitch. My plane disappeared after I tried to fly along with a demo. I reloaded the update and that seemed to fix it. No one was on, so I can't say for sure that it is working but looks more promising than before.
The main reason I got Clearview was so my son could do all of his crashing on the simulator. I was happy to see that one of the models available on a link from the website is the Hobbyzone Stratos so he can practice with his exact model!
chiroman is offline Find More Posts by chiroman
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:08 AM
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
can you actually collide models on netplay?

that might be a fun way to simulate combat until they get some planes with streamers on there.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:15 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,716 Posts
Quote:
can you actually collide models on netplay?

that might be a fun way to simulate combat until they get some planes with streamers on there.
Nope... there's roughly an 8 second delay between players. And you can't hit anyone else's models. (unfortunately)

Also, it's a bit glitchy as you've found out. But still, it's a lot of fun to fly around with the demo's and other people as well.

Unfortunately, it usually laggs a bit and sometimes the other persons model will get "stuck" on your screen and just "loop" the same 5 seconds over and over again. You have to "end netplay" and then restart that user again to fix it... but often times it just happens again after awhile.

But for $40.... it's still a great sim for people on a tight budget.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:22 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,716 Posts
Flying the B-25 Mitchell for a little while on netplay before I finish workin' on an Electrifly Edge 540

Feel free to join me in some flying!
User ID: HitNRun
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:41 AM
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
playing around with net play with a friend. Not going so well.. he can't see me.
My son and i will be on for a while if anyone wants to come on and help me test it.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:46 AM
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
2 questions though:

1. do i have to select the user when they come on or do they just select me?

2. what happened to the cockpit view with my last update? i can't find it.

thanks
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:12 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,716 Posts
Quote:
2 questions though:

1. do i have to select the user when they come on or do they just select me?

2. what happened to the cockpit view with my last update? i can't find it.

thanks
Let's see... Although i've had users "suddenly just appear" on my screen, I always go ahead and "add them" just to be on the safe side. I figure it can't hurt.... but it very well may make NO difference at all. I think as long as one of you add the person, then you BOTH should see each other.

There ARE certain things you MUST know about in order to get the best outcome when flying with others on netplay.

If you are flying a model that the other person does NOT have, then they will NOT be able to see you. Basically, if you downloaded any models from websites that are NOT on the clearview program originally, then the other person must also have this plane in order to see you flying. Otherwise you will show that you're "connected" but will only be seeing YOUR plane flying.

As for views.... certain flying fields have certain views that you can use. If you want to have the "FPV view" then you HAVE to use a scenery that supports that particular "view" in the drop down menu when you click on "settings" and then "camera views".

I'm about to go on netplay in a couple of minutes. If I see you there, i'll add you and see if you notice me flying around. I'll make sure I use a "stock" model from the program so there aren't any second guesses.

Just as a "brush up" on procedure... here's the proper way to "get online" and then add people to fly with them.

1) Click on "netplay" at the top of the screen
2) Click on "start netrecording"
3) Add your user ID and click "ok" (you are now "live" for everyone to see)
4) Now click on "start netplay"
5) Scroll through the list of users (or demos if nobody is available) and choose whomever you want to fly with. Then click "ok"

Now you should see them flying and they should see you... (sometimes it can take a few seconds depending on your internet connection speed and the performance level of your computer) I have an older gateway laptop and it usually takes about 5 seconds for them to show up... give or take a few seconds.

I'm on now but I don't see you on the list. You'll know if you're "live" because you'll see your username in the netplay box when you go to pick a user to fly with. You can actually fly with yourself if you want to. There's about an 8 second delay between you and the person you're flying with (even if it's YOU that you choose to fly with).... so doing synchronized flying is a "no go" unfortunately.... but it's still fun none the less.

I'll be on netplay for at least 15 ti 20 minutes.. I'll be flying some warbirds and a few other models.

Also.... be sure to periodically "update to latest content"... and "update to latest version" every now and then. It ensures you have the latest program software and models that are available from the simulator.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:38 AM
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
my son's flying the f15.

he wants you to try to chase him
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:42 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,716 Posts
Quote:
my son's flying the f15.

he wants you to try to chase him
Hahahahahahaha!!! Alright, but we'll stick with the twinstick we're both using now. It'll be a little easier to chase each other around.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:47 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,716 Posts
I don't see you on netplay anymore.... you're aren't on the list either anymore.
I'll stick around for a few more minutes in case you come back.

I'll be flying the "shockflyer"
(small indoor type 3-D foamy)
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:48 AM
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
Ok, that was the problem. I was using a model we found online of the Firebird Stratos which is his plane. That would be why my buddy couldn't see me.

Yah, that was fun. I tried to chase you a bit but yes, pretty hopeless.

Thanks,

Have a good one
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:01 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,716 Posts
Quote:
Ok, that was the problem. I was using a model we found online of the Firebird Stratos which is his plane. That would be why my buddy couldn't see me.

Yah, that was fun. I tried to chase you a bit but yes, pretty hopeless.

Thanks,

Have a good one
Yeah, it's far from the greatest "multiplayer" sim... but for $40.. it's still very nice, and a lot of fun!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:51 AM
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
I can't figure out how to subscribe to this thread so i get notified by email if someone's on. It should be easy but I can't find it. Help someone
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:30 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,716 Posts
Quote:
I can't figure out how to subscribe to this thread so i get notified by email if someone's on. It should be easy but I can't find it. Help someone
Piece of cake... Up near the top of the page, where it says thread tools, click on that.. (you've posted in here, so you should already be subscribed to it)

Unsubscribe.... and then click back on it again and subscribe... you'll have the options right there once the page re-loads again. You can have email notification, etc.