HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:45 PM
Australia, NSW, Goonellabah
Joined Mar 2012
148 Posts
Thanks stefan , just tried netplay and it's working perfectly, was starting to the shakes without my daily session of netplay, 10 out of 10 for custormer sevice, cheers!
beam e4 is offline Find More Posts by beam e4
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:34 PM
Joined Feb 2012
158 Posts
@ beam e4

Amazing flying!
niteskynut is offline Find More Posts by niteskynut
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:41 PM
Joined Feb 2012
158 Posts
@ beam e4

I think I'm too tired to fly. I have to hold one eye closed or I see 2 helis. (4 if we are both in the screen) . Going to bed I hope to fly with you tomorrow. (Or even in a few hours if I happen to wade up) I've been meaning to ask you...do you pinch the sticks or use your thumbs only?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:54 PM
Joined Mar 2012
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by niteskynut View Post
I think I'm too tired to fly. I have to hold one eye closed or I see 2 helis. (4 if we are both in the screen) . Going to bed I hope to fly with you tomorrow. (Or even in a few hours if I happen to wade up) I've been meaning to ask you...do you pinch the sticks or use your thumbs only?
I pinch the sticks i find it more comfortable, i noticed that you were adding unwanted aileron when you were doing tick-tocks,you can record your own flight and have a look.i do , sleep well,
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:19 PM
Joined Feb 2012
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beam e4 View Post
I pinch the sticks i find it more comfortable, i noticed that you were adding unwanted aileron when you were doing tick-tocks,you can record your own flight and have a look.i do , sleep well,
Thank you. I've noticed that most of the pros also "pinch" I will switch before the habit becomes ingrained.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:34 PM
Joined Feb 2012
158 Posts
going on now.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Mar 2012
148 Posts
Quote:
going on now.
will join you if that's ok ,and have you taken your cessna for a test flight?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:05 PM
Joined Feb 2012
158 Posts
Quote:
will join you if that's ok ,and have you taken your cessna for a test flight?
sorry... I DID go on but there was no one there. Believe it or not I was reading the forums on the pros and cons of pinching or thumbing the sticks. I've been flying for about a month now and I want to break any really bad habits before they become ingrained. gonna fly now and I will stay on for a while.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:08 PM
Joined Feb 2012
158 Posts
WE need a better way to communicate. do you use skype (I don't but i can install it) ir msn (have it) or facebook (ditto) let me know please! I've learned quite a bit from you in the short time we've been corresponding (Hit n run has also been extremely helpful)
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined Feb 2012
158 Posts
There's a story with the cessna. The bloody thing was RxR not TxR. so I can admire it bit I can't fly it...Yet! I was a little pissed at the guy at the hobby store. I'm pretty sure he knew that I planned to use my transmitter (DX6i) and the batteries that I have for my blade (3S 11.1v) but when I called him he said "It's right on the box!" (...he was right so I didn't have a leg to stand on.) He wanted $100 for a spectrum 5 ch reciever but I did some research and it seems that the orangerx receivers from hobbyking($6.00) will do the job so I ordered 3 this morning. ( I also ordered 2 sets of Carbon fibre 325mm blades ($10 ea.) and 2 lipos (2200 mAh 20C) @ $8.00.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Mar 2012
148 Posts
Quote:
WE need a better way to communicate. do you use skype (I don't but i can install it) ir msn (have it) or facebook (ditto) let me know please! I've learned quite a bit from you in the short time we've been corresponding (Hit n run has also been extremely helpful)
i just sent you my face book info, it should be in your private messages, pinching the sticks or using your thumbs, i don't think it matters, i pinch because alan szabo does, do what feels more comfortable for you! hit n run is always helpful and a really good pilot, you can see the 10+ years in his smooth and calculated flying, and you ,only 1 month of flying, dam you learn quickly,your putting me to shame , pitty about your cessna but that rc for you! Iv'e been waiting 3 months for my 60 amp hyperion esc to be replaced ,for the second time and it cost me $170 to buy.
Last edited by beam e4; Mar 22, 2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:26 PM
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
United States, MA, Westport
Joined Nov 2011
1,754 Posts
Quote:
i just sent you my face book info, it should be in your private messages, pinching the sticks or using your thumbs, i don't think it matters, i pinch because alan szabo does, do what feels more comfortable for you! hit n run is always helpful and a really good pilot, you can see the 10+ years in his smooth and calculated flying, and you ,only 1 month of flying, dam you learn quickly,your putting me to shame , pitty about your cessna but that rc for you! Iv'e been waiting 3 months for my 60 amp hyperion esc to be replaced ,for the second time and it cost me $170 to buy.
Awww, thanks for the compliments!
Hit N Run is online now Find More Posts by Hit N Run
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:54 AM
Joined Feb 2012
158 Posts
anyone up for a little flying this morning?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:43 AM
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
United States, MA, Westport
Joined Nov 2011
1,754 Posts
Quote:
anyone up for a little flying this morning?
I'm about to go on now.
Hit N Run is online now Find More Posts by Hit N Run
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joined Feb 2012
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit N Run View Post
I'm about to go on now.
can't see you