HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by bbrstorm, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 09, 2010, 07:17 PM
Member of the RC OCD Group
United States, WA, Gig Harbor
Joined Jan 2010
553 Posts
Discussion
Funjet Ultra Maiden Voyage!

Finally maiden-ed the Funjet Ultra!

Got it on video wooohoo! But, the second flight wasn't so good. Bad launch and it nosedived and snapped off the nose.

Glued and taped at the moment...

Multiplex Funjet Ultra Maiden Flight (7 min 46 sec)
bbrstorm is offline Find More Posts by bbrstorm
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2010, 01:27 PM
what is a rudder for?
Sarasota, Fl
Joined Jan 2005
101 Posts
Nice "catch" on the first take off, it went inverted and you rolled it right over and kept flying!

I've had that happen a number of times with my flying wings, where it hits my hand and flips over on take off but I've never been able to "save' it..
Cool!
spad7 is offline Find More Posts by spad7
Old Jan 22, 2011, 06:24 AM
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
97 Posts
I did the same thing as you with my ultra. First fly was saved like yours. The next 3 launches didn't go so well and hit the turf. After this though I found a much better launch technique... I put it to full throttle, and hanging on to the top of the plane, just give it a gentle nudge in the right direction Launches are much more predictable this way.
3lad3 is offline Find More Posts by 3lad3
Old Jan 25, 2011, 11:32 AM
Member of the RC OCD Group
United States, WA, Gig Harbor
Joined Jan 2010
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lad3 View Post
I did the same thing as you with my ultra. First fly was saved like yours. The next 3 launches didn't go so well and hit the turf. After this though I found a much better launch technique... I put it to full throttle, and hanging on to the top of the plane, just give it a gentle nudge in the right direction Launches are much more predictable this way.
Nine Launches later and several repairs I still haven't been able to get it up in the air a second time.

It was soooooooooo much fun and so disappointing that I probably will not get this thing in the air ever again. lol. It NEEDS WHEELS! lol

Dan
www.themicrocamguy.com
bbrstorm is offline Find More Posts by bbrstorm