HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scotsoft, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 09, 2010, 05:51 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,704 Posts
Discussion
FPV 4x4

First pictures of an idea I have had to take one cheap rc 4x4, add wireless camera plus 9V battery
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2010, 04:52 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,649 Posts
ah it's a hummer cool, I tried removing the plugs on mine, if your camera is anything like mine then this is what to expect.....

once you have the camera casing open you should find three wires coming in from the cable (top left in the image) and two pcb inside, One has the CCD on it, this is the camera board (left pcb) and the other has with the ariel is the V-Tx (right pcb), the three wires will probably be like mine.

Red, +9V for camera
White, +5V for Tx
Black, -V for camera and Tx

from here you can do one of three things, keeps the 9V and used a 5V fixed regulator from maplin, join both power wires together and run the car, camera and V-Tx from the cars batteries (assuming it has between 4.5-6V), my camera ran from 4.5V without removing the plug, or you could chain two LiPo in series...

with the LiPo, the camera and V-Tx will take around 200Mah, These 50Mah cells could only be used 10mins before they should be dissconnected and charged.
My camera was in a diecast casing so it was really heavy for it's size, as yours is plastic your car is happy with it.

I have a spare ULN2803a array hanging around (what I fitted in my car remote to control it from the pc) I'll fit one for you if you like.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83