HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 09, 2010, 12:56 PM
Registered User
hobbypartz's Avatar
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2009
554 Posts
Discussion
THUNDER POWER vs GENS ACE vs BLUE LIPO vs SKY LIPO

Here's the test result using the following batteries:
Sky LiPo 2200 3S 25C
Blue LiPo 2200 3S 30C
Gens Ace 2200 3S 25C
Thunder Power 2250 3S 45C





hobbypartz is offline Find More Posts by hobbypartz
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2010, 02:03 PM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
TreeDiver's Avatar
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,117 Posts
Far more interesting would be GensAce versus Turnigy Nano :-)

Anyhow...these GensAce are underrated with their 25C

anyhow stuff!

Wise to get them (sorry keep them) on stock!

Pitty that shipment to Europe is expensive
and I just did received Nano's..................
TreeDiver is offline Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Last edited by TreeDiver; Dec 09, 2010 at 02:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2010, 06:43 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2004
547 Posts
Looks good. I still like my Blue Lipos, even though they are bringing up the rear. Why is the same graph posted twice or am I missing something? Also, please cycle them all 250 times, then post the graphs again......
Sit-N-Fly is offline Find More Posts by Sit-N-Fly
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2010, 07:49 PM
Registered User
EricJ320's Avatar
Knoxville, TN
Joined Dec 2005
1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sit-N-Fly View Post
Why is the same graph posted twice or am I missing something?
There are 4 graphs, 2 at 30 amps and 2 at 40 amps. Each rate having a graph showing time on the x axis and another showing capacity dishcarged.

The Gens Ace certainly look strong at 25C rated packs. Two thoughts though, tests put out by the vendor are always suspect, and what does it matter how good they are if you can't get them!

Finding the pack you need instock is more difficult than hitting the Powerball!

Oh well, at $9 with free shipping I'm going to try one of the 2S 1550 25C's and see for myself!
EricJ320 is offline Find More Posts by EricJ320
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2010, 01:18 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
TreeDiver's Avatar
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ320 View Post
There are 4 graphs, 2 at 30 amps and 2 at 40 amps. Each rate having a graph showing time on the x axis and another showing capacity dishcarged.

The Gens Ace certainly look strong at 25C rated packs. Two thoughts though, tests put out by the vendor are always suspect, and what does it matter how good they are if you can't get them!

Finding the pack you need instock is more difficult than hitting the Powerball!

Oh well, at $9 with free shipping I'm going to try one of the 2S 1550 25C's and see for myself!
Well for USA based RC pilots these GensAce are very interesting.
I hope they appear also in Europe as brand with the same price tag
TreeDiver is offline Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2010, 08:07 PM
Registered User
hobbypartz's Avatar
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2009
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeDiver View Post
Well for USA based RC pilots these GensAce are very interesting.
I hope they appear also in Europe as brand with the same price tag
TreeDiver, your wish is about to come true. HobbyPartz.com is in the process of expanding to Europe and we are gonna bring you the true power of Gens Ace!
hobbypartz is offline Find More Posts by hobbypartz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2010, 03:43 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
TreeDiver's Avatar
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbypartz View Post
TreeDiver, your wish is about to come true. HobbyPartz.com is in the process of expanding to Europe and we are gonna bring you the true power of Gens Ace!


looking forward! I prefer to order domistic.
So keep us posted.

TreeDiver
TreeDiver is offline Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2011, 02:43 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
TreeDiver's Avatar
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,117 Posts
Hi,

In England they have now GensAce
https://www.electricwingman.com/gens...batteries.aspx

And their name is just right. They are are ace packs.
Several flights with the 2200 3s GensAce and their IR is 3mOhm per cell!!!

I do never push packs to their limit but I notice that they are hardly any warm.
The Nano 25C are 9mOhms per cell, which is not bad IMO. But 3mOhm per cell for these GensAce is awesome. The packs are only 7 gram heavier then the Nano.

The Nano are not inside this test, but GensAce does beat them with ease, just like the other packs tested.
TreeDiver is offline Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:48 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeDiver View Post
Hi,

In England they have now GensAce
https://www.electricwingman.com/gens...batteries.aspx

And their name is just right. They are are ace packs.
Several flights with the 2200 3s GensAce and their IR is 3mOhm per cell!!!

I do never push packs to their limit but I notice that they are hardly any warm.
The Nano 25C are 9mOhms per cell, which is not bad IMO. But 3mOhm per cell for these GensAce is awesome. The packs are only 7 gram heavier then the Nano.

The Nano are not inside this test, but GensAce does beat them with ease, just like the other packs tested.
Thanks for the info Tree as I just purchased some to replace my prolites.
Cant wait to see the diff. in preformance Microdans2505 speed 2800kv withan apc 6x4 in a ritewng.
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 02:41 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
TreeDiver's Avatar
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
Thanks for the info Tree as I just purchased some to replace my prolites.
Cant wait to see the diff. in preformance Microdans2505 speed 2800kv withan apc 6x4 in a ritewng.
be careful with the ESC
if you have watts-up device, check the amps with this new pack

these newer packs have much better voltage under load, so the amps will clime
Do have "headroom" with your ESC? Can it handle more amps then it does now with the current setup?
TreeDiver is offline Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 02:38 PM
Registered User
amherst,nova scotia,canada
Joined Nov 2003
787 Posts
It is very rewarding to see a really premium battery by todays standards at fair prices. Everything about gen ace so far looks good..

Those purposely overpriced for the equivelant product will eventually fall by the wayside.
barry wilson is offline Find More Posts by barry wilson
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:51 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeDiver View Post
be careful with the ESC
if you have watts-up device, check the amps with this new pack

these newer packs have much better voltage under load, so the amps will clime
Do have "headroom" with your ESC? Can it handle more amps then it does now with the current setup?
I'm using an cc ice50 so should be good to go.

I was hoping to get an improvment and yes willput a wattmeter to to see.
Now I'm waiting for a servo gear set.
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2011, 02:29 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
TreeDiver's Avatar
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
I'm using an cc ice50 so should be good to go.

I was hoping to get an improvment and yes willput a wattmeter to to see.
Now I'm waiting for a servo gear set.
good

if the other packs are 20C or 25C, be sure you will notice the difference
keep us posted
TreeDiver is offline Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2011, 05:02 AM
Registered User
WimH's Avatar
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeDiver View Post
good

if the other packs are 20C or 25C, be sure you will notice the difference
keep us posted
I wonder... I'll let you know if my 40C 5000 2S packs ever arrive... So far I have not been able to detect any difference between my (3year old) Polyquest 2S 6000 25C, (2 year old) Hyperion 2S 4200 35C and Bionic(1year old) 2S 4800 35C. This is with 300A 3-4 second bursts, so I would expect to see a noticeably difference if the quality of the cells is much different....
WimH is offline Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: That elusive thermal...
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2011, 07:19 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
TreeDiver's Avatar
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WimH View Post
I wonder... I'll let you know if my 40C 5000 2S packs ever arrive... So far I have not been able to detect any difference between my (3year old) Polyquest 2S 6000 25C, (2 year old) Hyperion 2S 4200 35C and Bionic(1year old) 2S 4800 35C. This is with 300A 3-4 second bursts, so I would expect to see a noticeably difference if the quality of the cells is much different....
okay... you draw around 10C from your packs if I understand it well
for most packs that is no problem at all, so maybe the difference will be harder to notice IMO
TreeDiver is offline Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Gens Ace lipo restock soon? smasher41 HobbyPartz.com 78 Nov 26, 2013 06:17 PM
Sold Gens ace 5300mah 5S1P 18.5V 30C Lipo battery pack x 2 $100.00 Shipped for both Mikemynameis Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Nov 16, 2010 03:02 PM
Sold Gens ace 5300mah 5S1P 18.5V 30C Lipo battery pack mike(ocrc) Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Oct 18, 2010 11:16 AM
Sold Blue Lipo 2650 40c 5s ,Thunder Power 850 45c 3s Dennis Everett Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 4 Sep 17, 2010 11:06 AM
Discussion Gens ace 5000mah 40C 2S Lipo battery ericyao22 Car Talk 2 Aug 14, 2010 03:00 AM