SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Whiskers, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 09, 2010, 03:38 AM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Australia, QLD, Little Mountain
Joined Feb 2010
4,409 Posts
Discussion
Dec 2010 Fleet

These are the planes I have ready to fly at this point of time... a couple more are under construction.
Whiskers is online now Find More Posts by Whiskers
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2010, 06:03 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,943 Posts
Nice looking squadron, a great mix of genres! Some serious slopers, too. Were they used at your former flying site?
springer is online now Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2010, 06:38 PM
Joined Feb 2010
4,409 Posts
The former flying site was near a mountain that is covered in trees and houses and therefore useless.
The best site is about a 20 min drive away but it is 'owned' by a club of which I am not a member. Another very good slope is in that same area but needs the wind to be from the North. This is my favorite.
The red sloper started life as a light RTF powered RET brushed motor thing, and it evolved into a weighty aileron equipped, film covered slope missile.
The other one is a quickie using a wing I was given. It goes well too.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 03:15 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,324 Posts
Whiskers I'm liking those gliders of yours my good man! very nice!
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:41 AM
Joined Feb 2010
4,409 Posts
Thanks demon. Gliders sure are the way to get long flight times, a stiff neck, a sunburned face and eye strain... but I love 'em.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:44 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post
Thanks demon. Gliders sure are the way to get long flight times, a stiff neck, a sunburned face and eye strain... but I love 'em.
Whiskers. . . I found a possible solution for the stiff neck, try flying the gliders from a beach chair!
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2010, 07:56 PM
Joined Feb 2010
4,409 Posts
LOL. But I'm old and might go to sleep...
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:25 PM
United States, MS, Hattiesburg
Joined Jan 2011
20 Posts
the red and white plane directly behind the blue one on the right..thats the model i want my project to be..if i can get on like it thats were i can mold the parts to get my own..and the bigest question about it is the design, is it more of the motor flying it or is there important aero dynamics in its design??
kirk0703 is offline Find More Posts by kirk0703
Old Jan 21, 2011, 08:04 AM
Joined Feb 2010
4,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk0703 View Post
the red and white plane directly behind the blue one on the right..thats the model i want my project to be..if i can get on like it thats were i can mold the parts to get my own..and the bigest question about it is the design, is it more of the motor flying it or is there important aero dynamics in its design??
The red and white plane that looks a bit like a Cessna is called the Cessnot because all my friends say it flies in a very 'Not Like A Cessna' way.
The plane is a very spectacular performer. It can jump off the grass runway in about its own length and climb vertically, very fast, to any height, limited only by visibility.
It is extremely aerobatic. with a great roll rate, and has neutral stability and has no self-righting tenancies, it just keeps going in whatever direction it is pointed.