Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 19, 2003, 08:55 PM
Nashville, TN
Joined May 2002
280 Posts
Help!! How do I splice my interface cord?

The interface cord that goes into my "buddy cord" socket on the back of my transmitter has developed a broken, ( intermittant ) connection at the end of the plug. The break in the wire is too close to the plug for me to be able to splice it and use the original plug. I bought a buddy cord and was going to cut it and splice one end to my interface cord. But it has three wires instead of the co-axial like the interface cord. Which wires do I splice to the two wires on the interface cord?

This is the RF/G2 printer port interface that lets me use my JR radio. The buddy cord has a black, a red, and a brown wire. The interface cord has a white sheath on the center wire, and is surrounded by the outer wire under the outer insulation.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
John
1g1yy is offline Find More Posts by 1g1yy
to remove ads between posts