HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Kholder116, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 08, 2010, 03:12 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2004
172 Posts
Discussion
Rare Pacer R/C Airboat Electric Conversion

This is my Pacer Airboat.. it is about 10 years old and was originally designed to be run with a gas motor (approx. .40-.46). I never built it in its gas configuration and it sat on a shelf for years. With the advent of powerful brushless motors and lightweight yet, powerful Liop batteries, the time to build it had arrived. The main design challange was to make sure I continue to use the model as designed. That said, I had to re-config the gas motor stand that had originally come with the boat. It was a very unique design (when I can get a pic of it, I will post it); but it allowed for the installment of a gas motor, in an upside down setting, but connected to a very elaborately designed stand. It required the motor to be connected to the propeller shaft by means of a pulley system. (Pics, 152, 155, 160 and 164 are the best shots of the motor stand.) Instead of using the base of the original stand, I simply reconstructed another one, made of wood and spray painted it silver. That held the electric motor. I then used "speaker wire channeling material to hide the motor wires that was diverted into the waterproof servo and battery housing. (See 159, 160, 165 and 166).
Anyway, like many of my other models, this one is perfect for GI Joe Scale. Presently it is running on a Mega 22/30/3E, turning a 12x8 prop, using a 3S, 4000 mah Zippy Lipo battery. It moves......
The last two pics detail the Airboat with my Scale Rigid Hull Inflatable Coast Guard boat... more info on that can be found here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1346026
Kholder116 is offline Find More Posts by Kholder116
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Kholder116; Dec 19, 2010 at 11:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2010, 04:00 PM
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Sep 2008
1,619 Posts
Wow!
pmullen503 is offline Find More Posts by pmullen503
Old Dec 08, 2010, 09:12 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
Great job man...GREAT JOB!!!!
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Dec 08, 2010, 10:01 PM
Joined Dec 2004
172 Posts
Thanks for the compliment guys!!! Always makes the work you put in all the more worth it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2010, 10:21 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
Even the case of Cokes...awesome detail man. Is that a GI Joe?
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Dec 09, 2010, 02:08 AM
Joined Dec 2004
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cna91 View Post
Even the case of Cokes...awesome detail man. Is that a GI Joe?

yup, that is a G.I. Joe, even the other figure in the Coast Guard boat in the last 2 or 3 pics. I love that they are so realistic, but today, they are really hard to come by.. The Box of cokescame from a "dolll house" store that used to be by me but that had sold many scale items for a house that were also appropriate for other applications....

If you want to see crazy detail, click on my blog name and look at the other models I built that are on my blog... thanks again...
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:47 PM
el cajon,ca.
Joined Dec 2010
1 Posts
ultra light

Hi Ken I also have a mini silver one ultra light but i do not have the instruction for it any more. Do you have the instruction if so can i get a copy, i will pay for it Thanks Dave [ it's been on the shelf for years and now i want to put back together but lost the manual]
airdave5 is offline Find More Posts by airdave5
Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:33 PM
Joined Dec 2004
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave5 View Post
Hi Ken I also have a mini silver one ultra light but i do not have the instruction for it any more. Do you have the instruction if so can i get a copy, i will pay for it Thanks Dave [ it's been on the shelf for years and now i want to put back together but lost the manual]
PM'ed you!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:12 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,757 Posts
Very nice! I think in this one he's saying "Wanna race??"

wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:05 PM
Joined Dec 2004
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Very nice! I think in this one he's saying "Wanna race??"

thanks a lot Wparsons..... these two are a lot of fun to run together... Looks pretty realistic and the Coast Guard boat has digital siren sounds.
RCG Plus Member