SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by skunkworks2006, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:48 PM
Playing with AutoCAD!
United States, ME
Joined Oct 2008
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconflyer View Post
can you give me the dimensions of the zII? I want to build one. great job btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
Same here!
Here you go, guys. I know things are very cramped, likely confusing, and probably incomplete. If you have any troubles at all, let me know and I'll be more than happy to clarify.

Just to be clear, I got the general dimensions from Otto Dieffenbach. I then modified them ever so slightly and scaled them up to 54" to match the wingspan of the full size ZII. I can't tell you exactly how close all of the dimensions came to the full scale Zephyr, but I can tell you that the wing with a KF-m4 airfoil flies wonderfully.

Cheers,
Kody
PiperCub49 is offline Find More Posts by PiperCub49
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:29 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperCub49 View Post
Here you go, guys. I know things are very cramped, likely confusing, and probably incomplete. If you have any troubles at all, let me know and I'll be more than happy to clarify.

Just to be clear, I got the general dimensions from Otto Dieffenbach. I then modified them ever so slightly and scaled them up to 54" to match the wingspan of the full size ZII. I can't tell you exactly how close all of the dimensions came to the full scale Zephyr, but I can tell you that the wing with a KF-m4 airfoil flies wonderfully.

Cheers,
Kody
Nice thanks... That is about what I calculated off image manipulation. I used photoshop to crop images from various Z2 guys, scaled to the correct wingspan, and then measured the rest... My dimensions were very close to what you got.

Chris
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:21 PM
México, MOR, Jiutepec
Joined Oct 2011
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasi View Post
I have already written about it:

I use a Turnigy 9X.
yes im doing one of 120 cm of WS how much yours does weigh and wich batt. are you using and how much do you last up there? mine is a bit different is 120 x 20 cm Wing and aiming for 900-1000 gr AGW ive also put small flaps in the inner part of the wing after the tail booms im uplading later the photos and aiming for maiden in march due to HK delay in parts is all made from Home Depot Foamular 1" thick its really light 300 just foam and i ve made impact tests and is really crash resistent im only looking for a battery that might give me 30min of flight.

PD. where is your CG?
ara25demayo is offline Find More Posts by ara25demayo
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:00 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Oct 2012
144 Posts
Here is my skywalker

my skywalker
ls1elite is offline Find More Posts by ls1elite
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:39 AM
Joined Jan 2013
56 Posts
Very Nice !
Neverlanded is offline Find More Posts by Neverlanded
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:09 AM
Austria, Stmk., Graz
Joined Sep 2011
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ara25demayo View Post
yes im doing one of 120 cm of WS how much yours does weigh and wich batt. are you using and how much do you last up there? mine is a bit different is 120 x 20 cm Wing and aiming for 900-1000 gr AGW ive also put small flaps in the inner part of the wing after the tail booms im uplading later the photos and aiming for maiden in march due to HK delay in parts is all made from Home Depot Foamular 1" thick its really light 300 just foam and i ve made impact tests and is really crash resistent im only looking for a battery that might give me 30min of flight.

PD. where is your CG?
It weighs about 400g, can´t remeber how much it has exactly. On a 2200mah 3S I get about 40mis of flight time. CG. is about 1/3 of the root cord.
Hasi is offline Find More Posts by Hasi
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
1,861 Posts
sorry i was addressing another member who posted.
harryarnold is offline Find More Posts by harryarnold
Last edited by harryarnold; Jan 18, 2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: mis-posted
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:16 AM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryarnold View Post
where is my ardu or my refund sir ? its been 2 weeks and i need my money or my item. and then you warn me not to post that you are a thief? nice try... you have the nerve to steal peoples money and then tell me dont post... I'm not the only one. i am reaching out to vanderbuilt next to let them know you are using that email to scam people....WHERE IS MY ARDU THAT I PAID FOR ??? you said it shipped 2 weeks ago.... please fix this
You sure you're in the right place?
TigerPilot is offline Find More Posts by TigerPilot
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:57 AM
cheapskate extroardinairé
United States, CA, Marin
Joined Jul 2011
1,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryarnold View Post
where is my ardu or my refund sir ? its been 2 weeks and i need my money or my item. and then you warn me not to post that you are a thief? nice try... you have the nerve to steal peoples money and then tell me dont post... I'm not the only one. i am reaching out to vanderbuilt next to let them know you are using that email to scam people....WHERE IS MY ARDU THAT I PAID FOR ??? you said it shipped 2 weeks ago.... please fix this
wrong thread mate =P and also, shipping can often take more than two weeks, so he may well be telling the truth about having shipped it.
baconflyer is offline Find More Posts by baconflyer
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:43 PM
..in a Johnny Cash voice.
Canada, NS, Beaver Bank
Joined Aug 2010
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
Nice thanks... That is about what I calculated off image manipulation. I used photoshop to crop images from various Z2 guys, scaled to the correct wingspan, and then measured the rest... My dimensions were very close to what you got.

Chris
I've done that exact same thing. Yay photoshop.
Vintabilly_NS is offline Find More Posts by Vintabilly_NS
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:46 PM
Rick
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Joined Apr 2007
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperCub49 View Post

Cheers,
Kody
Thanks Koby.
I'm going to build one of these, but instead of using foam, I'm going to try using 8mm coroplast with Carbon fiber arrow shafts for spares and maybe 60". I had built a 40" wing with a KFm4 airfoil and it was a superb flier with a wide speed envelop and very stable. Perfect for FPV.

Rick
hammer833 is offline Find More Posts by hammer833
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:48 PM
Playing with AutoCAD!
United States, ME
Joined Oct 2008
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer833 View Post
Thanks Koby.
I'm going to build one of these, but instead of using foam, I'm going to try using 8mm coroplast with Carbon fiber arrow shafts for spares and maybe 60". I had built a 40" wing with a KFm4 airfoil and it was a superb flier with a wide speed envelop and very stable. Perfect for FPV.

Rick
You're welcome. A build log would be great! It sounds like an interesting build.

All the best,
Kody
PiperCub49 is offline Find More Posts by PiperCub49
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:28 AM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jan 2013
181 Posts
FPV Park flyer

Albatross, park flying FPV setup.
FireFlyer451 is online now Find More Posts by FireFlyer451
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:25 PM
cheapskate extroardinairé
United States, CA, Marin
Joined Jul 2011
1,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer833 View Post
Thanks Koby.

Rick
i'm gonna use dollar tree foamboard, probably in an "armin"-ish wing style
baconflyer is offline Find More Posts by baconflyer
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:12 PM
Don't leave it Stock
USA, IL, Round Lake
Joined Feb 2004
2,510 Posts
Ready for maiden 900mm Popwing with a DerekS 4" blunt

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1812941
mrfliboy is online now Find More Posts by mrfliboy