SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by skunkworks2006, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:50 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,606 Posts
The Std motor runs fine on 4s with a 7x5 prop it pulls about 17A at full noise.
Most flights are over 30mins and if I put a 3700 pack in I can squeeze an hour or so cruising around. Recently did 11km and back for only 1800mah total burn.

No huge mods.

WoW, only 17amps at WOT using 4s Lipo 7x5 prop
Thats great to know!....
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:44 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Nov 2011
1,117 Posts
Here is my newest FPV setup--just finished last week (this is my second Storm Chaser setup for FPV) I did two LOS test flights with the FPV gear operational and recorded the flight to detect any glitches. It fly’s great! It’s trimmed for a very slight glide
I flew it FPV over the weekend. While I run a single battery setup, 5,000 mAh it will net me 22 to 25 minute flights while burning 3,000 mAh, depending on the winds. Camera is a 520 TVL Sony board, 2.8MM lens, Rembizi OSD, Video TX is an DPCAV 500 Mw, 900 mHz, with a IBCrazy inverted V antenna. Aircraft control is from Futuba 72 mHz 6EX, Rx is a Corona RPD61, RSSI mod and fitted with a ½ Wave length antenna (about 79”). On the ground is a patch antenna, DPCAV Video Rx to a 7” Feelworld “No BSOD” 7” monitor. Using a video splitter I record on either the VuPoint (Mov file) or the Angel Eye Recorder (Avi File).
All my other FPV aircraft are setup with 5.8 GhZ Video and I’ll vouch that it (5.8) doesn’t like trees, bushes, hills etc to interfere with the signal. The 900 mHz is a different story. I was flying over tree lines dropping down to 10’ AGL buzzing along. The video signal did have some interference but nothing that was alarming. I can’t wait to have another go at it this weekend.
1fullbird is offline Find More Posts by 1fullbird
Last edited by 1fullbird; Nov 29, 2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: corrections
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:53 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fullbird View Post
Here is my newest FPV setup--just finished last week (this is my second Storm Chaser setup for FPV) I did two LOS test flights with the FPV gear operational and recorded the flight to detect any glitches. It fly’s great! It’s trimmed for a very slight glide
I flew it FPV over the weekend. While I run a single battery setup, 5,000 mAh it will net me 22 to 25 minute flights while burning 3,000 mAh, depending on the winds. Camera is a 520 TVL Sony board, 2.8MM lens, Rembizi OSD, Video TX is an immersion 500 watt, 900 mHz, with a IBCrazy inverted V antenna. Aircraft control is from Futuba 72 mHz 6EX, Rx is a Corona RPD61, RSSI mod and fitted with a ½ Wave length antenna (about 79”). On the ground is a patch antenna, immersion Video Rx to a 7” Feelworld “No BSOD” 7” monitor. Using a video splitter I record on either the VuPoint (Mov file) or the Angel Eye Recorder (Avi File).
All my other FPV aircraft are setup with 5.8 GhZ Video and I’ll vouch that it (5.8) doesn’t like trees, bushes, hills etc to interfere with the signal. The 900 mHz is a different story. I was flying over tree lines dropping down to 10’ AGL buzzing along. The video signal did have some interference but nothing that was alarming. I can’t wait to have another go at it this weekend.
Great job, I am very curious about the way you have the motor/prop mount, what angle do you have it pointed? Can you post a closeup of the mounting please?

Thank you.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:21 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Nov 2011
1,117 Posts
The motor is 90 degrees on the pod. The pod is 90 degrees to the top of the fusleage. I think the pod motor mount Storm Chaser flys better than the front motor mount. I converted my other SC from a front mount to a pod mount. I also did the same for an Albatross.
I picked the tilted pan servo tip from someone else. By titlting the servo back when I pan to the side it looks down. Since on this SC I use a 6 channel radio. It frees up two channels. (I use the right stick for elevator and rudder. The left stick throttle and pan.)
1fullbird is offline Find More Posts by 1fullbird
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:24 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,700 Posts
@1fullbird, Thank you job well done.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:37 AM
Sagar Bose
India, GA, Sancoale
Joined Sep 2010
5 Posts
Twin Engine FPV

Here are the snaps :
Flies really awesome with the polyhedral wing xD

This plane is features in this video
Over Bogmalo & Unto The Sea (3 min 42 sec)
coarsecondenser is offline Find More Posts by coarsecondenser
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:37 AM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fullbird View Post
I flew it FPV over the weekend. While I run a single battery setup, 5,000 mAh it will net me 22 to 25 minute flights while burning 3,000 mAh, depending on the winds. Camera is a 520 TVL Sony board, 2.8MM lens, Rembizi OSD, Video TX is an immersion 500 watt, 900 mHz, with a IBCrazy inverted V antenna. Aircraft control is from Futuba 72 mHz 6EX, Rx is a Corona RPD61, RSSI mod and fitted with a ½ Wave length antenna (about 79”). On the ground is a patch antenna, immersion Video Rx to a 7” Feelworld “No BSOD” 7” monitor. Using a video splitter I record on either the VuPoint (Mov file) or the Angel Eye Recorder (Avi File).
You want to take a picture of that 900 mhz immersion 500 watt vTx? (sure you meant 500 mW)
I am friends with the owners of immersion and they don't have such a product.
Shadrack is offline Find More Posts by Shadrack
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:38 PM
FPV Pilot
Joined Nov 2012
17 Posts
Here is my FPV plane ;-)
It's a Multiplex EasyStar with 1000mW 2,4GHz Video (Hobbyking) and Thomas Scherrer UHF System. PAN Servo is a HS85 which is modified to 180°. As OSD System there is a flashed HK G-OSD II, but I will upgrad to DragonOSD soon. For recording in HD I use the KeyCam #16 (v1) you can see on the left wing. The Cam is charged by the main Battery. The Motor is Turnigy 3530 (1700kv), the Battary is 3S 2200mah and the ESC is the plush 60A from Turnigy. With this setup I can fly about 15 Minutes at half throttle which means a trip of about 16km. Maximum Speed is around 120 km/h.
With 8-turn Helical on the reciever i managed to fly 5,5 km away but more would be possible if I wouldn't become so nervous . As soon as I have upgraded to DragonOSD with return-to-home, this will be better hopefully

Here is a video I made in the Bavarian Mountains (South Germany)

FPV Flug zum Ettaler Manndl (4 min 1 sec)
Bommelmox is offline Find More Posts by Bommelmox
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:26 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2006
1,034 Posts
My latest fpv plane
very stable and easy to fly, 5,8g fatshark system all up weight is 187g
trexpilot is offline Find More Posts by trexpilot
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:37 PM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,606 Posts
trexpilot

Looks interesting, (a lot of questions because I want to make one).

cool little plane! any Vids.?, what Camera did you use?
and how did you power the VidTx/Camera? Did you Tap the LiL' 3s Flight Lipo?

Thanks for sharing....
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:16 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2006
1,034 Posts
Hey Rclab1,

Its pretty much a stock Hobby King mini swift out of the box, she had few flights before i convert it to quick fpv plane..

battery: 2x 2s 360ma rhino (1 to power the esc/motor/servo's/rx and 1 to power the vtx)

Tx: fatshark 5,8g 600ma wich i fit a cf antenna for better video feed

camera: fatshark cmos wich came with my googles combo

Rx: built in fatshark 5,8g rx inside my predator goggles with cp antenna

video rec: mini dv from bevrc

flight time 5min at this stage till i can replace the second battery with fatshark bec wich run of the balance battery plug of the flight lipo
it shouldn't give any interference to live video feed, i also use the same setup with my 450 size quad with great result
this vtx/rx system already tested at 1,1km with no video transmission loss

its a lunch time half hour build just to see if she can take the weight, and its great success mini fpv
video is on editing board now.. will post it asap mate

hope that helps, anymore questions just shoot me a pm
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:46 PM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,606 Posts
trexpilot,

heres' what I found yesterday, its overpowered and comes like this stock so it can take weight.
(just like its bigger brothers')....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1779348

Mini Sky Surfer BlitzRCworks Box and Build Review in HD! (34 min 43 sec)

BlitzRCWorks Mini Sky Surfer Flight Review in HD! (7 min 38 sec)
Last edited by rclab1; Nov 29, 2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:37 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2006
1,034 Posts
Looks like a good candidate for same setup

got this to test next..

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ider_PNF_.html
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:18 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2006
1,034 Posts
the video as promised

Mini Swift Fpv (1 min 35 sec)
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:52 AM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,544 Posts
RMRC Penguin

Here is my ReadyMadeRC FinWing Penguin...
She has had 1/2 dozen tuning flights without but now the FPV gear is installed and ready for full FPV.
Now just need some decent weather for flying!!

RMRC Penguin Specs:
Motor: Turnigy D3536/5 1450KV
Esc: FinWing 60 amp
Battery: 3000 Nano 3s 2 each in parallel
Prop: Graupner 9X6 folding
Servos: Recommended 17 gram and 9 gram

5.8 FPV gear
TX: ImmersionRC 600mw
Camera: RMRC 700 tv line
OSD: EzOsd with TBS firmware (ver 19) and LS20031 GPS rx upgrade.
EagleTree Guardian for extra stabilization and course hold

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx