SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by skunkworks2006, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 09, 2011, 08:34 AM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Sep 2010
2,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_S View Post
I think the camera came loose around 5:30

http://www.vimeo.com/18519971
Is that Kenessaw mountain that I saw in the distance?? Also what TX module and what RX are you using for 72mhz?? Standard rx antenna?
SENTRY 62 is offline Find More Posts by SENTRY 62
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2011, 01:28 PM
Joined Jan 2010
14 Posts
Virgis

nice plane ! Homemade or a modified kit ?

Edmund
georgii_fr is offline Find More Posts by georgii_fr
Old Jan 09, 2011, 03:25 PM
Videopilot
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2009
2,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bah7566 View Post
Looks like the battery was empty. Were you running only one pack for everything?
Yes. The battery was likely fine, but I suspect the KX191 (12V) is very voltage sensitive, as it did appear to be freaking out at high amp outputs. I was trying to glide in best I could. I am changing to a 5v camera for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENTRY 62 View Post
Is that Kenessaw mountain that I saw in the distance?? Also what TX module and what RX are you using for 72mhz?? Standard rx antenna?
Yes, I think that is Kennesaw mtn. I am using a Futaba 9c, RP149DP PCM Rx, stock anteannas and all. It did appear that I caught a glitch a time or 2 well within a mile, but of course this is near the airbase and the local autonomous aeronautics team claims there is some fishy 72mhz interference in this area. I usuall have no problem on Channel 12, but one of the members swears Dobbins or Lockheed is blasting the upper 72 mhz channels with something. The team actually switched to 50mhz because of this. I would too if the equipment was more available but I may go UHF someday when I am ready to dish out the cash.
Derek_S is offline Find More Posts by Derek_S
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Iconic X
Old Jan 09, 2011, 03:47 PM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Sep 2010
2,452 Posts
Yeah I figured it was K Mo... sorry about your crash. I can see K Mo from many of my flying sites as well - only I am on the other side of it than you. After checking on Google Earth I have a pretty good idea of your site now - not far from mine at all. I flew from here (33 53 03.77N 84 27 15.79W) for my only 3 FPV flights (I know the building manager so secuity doesn't care if I fly from the top of the parking deck)... I can see K Mo as well from there. Since I decided that I am hooked I am now integrating my gear to the plane to the best of abilility as opposed to my initial shipping tape hack job - LOL.

Got LRS on order, but I think I'll be ready for another flight before it arrives so I may have to fly again on 72. When we get better weather we'll link up. I got your number now saved to my phone.
SENTRY 62 is offline Find More Posts by SENTRY 62
Old Jan 09, 2011, 05:05 PM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDw View Post
so you lost rc link at about 2 kms? This was with dragonlink yes?
that was DragonLink, antenna was loosen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgii_fr View Post
Virgis

nice plane ! Homemade or a modified kit ?

Edmund
Yep, that's homemade, spec order to my friend

Virgis
Virgis21 is offline Find More Posts by Virgis21
Old Jan 09, 2011, 06:01 PM
Videopilot
Joined May 2009
2,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENTRY 62 View Post
Got LRS on order, but I think I'll be ready for another flight before it arrives so I may have to fly again on 72. When we get better weather we'll link up. I got your number now saved to my phone.

This is where I like: 33.936506,-84.526566

72 is probably all I need for a long while but someday I will go for a TLRS and the peace of mind. I have thought about flying from our deck but not sure I could land on it.. Maybe with an arresting hook? It is ~750ft ENE of the above site..

Your place would be perfect to follow the interstate. No OSD needed, just get off the right exit to get back home! I would like to head E or SE. Nice for practice since it is not so dense
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2011, 07:29 PM
Videopilot
Joined May 2009
2,720 Posts
Do you guys think it would be worth while to start a "Show us your FPV Multicopter" thread?

I know a few have been posted here and there, but I would like to see a good collection in one place. Mainly as references as to how to setup a multicopter for FPV considering its unique layout considerations for distance between RF parts and such. This thread has been pretty instrumental in learning how people are managing certain airframes, airplanes in particular.

I have a signguy tricopter I want to FPV but I just am not sure know how I want to go about it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2011, 07:33 PM
California
Joined Aug 2010
161 Posts
I think that would be a cool addition. I'm primarily an airplane guy, but plan to get a tri or quad sometime this year.
mike20sm is offline Find More Posts by mike20sm
Old Jan 09, 2011, 07:34 PM
Future-proof EVERYTHING
NY
Joined Jul 2008
762 Posts
Quote:
Do you guys think it would be worth while to start a "Show us your FPV Multicopter" thread?

I know a few have been posted here and there, but I would like to see a good collection in one place. Mainly as references as to how to setup a multicopter for FPV considering its unique layout considerations for distance between RF parts and such. This thread has been pretty instrumental in learning how people are managing certain airframes, airplanes in particular.

I have a signguy tricopter I want to FPV but I just am not sure know how I want to go about it.
Makes sense. Do it now.
DarkHeli is offline Find More Posts by DarkHeli
Old Jan 10, 2011, 02:40 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,196 Posts
Quote:

So where is it? Subscribe me in.
FlyingMcCoy is offline Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Indoor 3d
Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:57 AM
Videopilot
Joined May 2009
2,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMcCoy View Post
So where is it? Subscribe me in.
Here it is:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1369029
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2011, 08:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
23 Posts
IBCrazy

is it the $26 work well than the expensive one?
amtonio is offline Find More Posts by amtonio
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 13, 2011, 09:59 PM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,365 Posts
???? I'm lost. Did you mean to post in the "Guide to newcomers" thread? Are you referring to cameras or antennas?

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:32 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,979 Posts
Gws a-10

My first real attempt at customizing a foam jet. Upgraded motors to C20 brushless, cut-out canopy hatch, swapped out the kit landing gear with ones from a Max Jet F-18 (rest in pieces ). Next mod will probably be a 808 keychain videocamera "pod".
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:45 PM
Michigan
Joined Nov 2006
2,712 Posts
I always love to see A-10's. (well...as long as I'm not in their way)
Is that a GWS kit?
skunkworks2006 is offline Find More Posts by skunkworks2006