SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by skunkworks2006, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:58 AM
^Its what I do^ - FPVholic
The Flying Farmer's Avatar
USA, MO, Slater Flying Club
Joined Nov 2007
269 Posts
Did you put LG on your 100" wing yet bsbauman?
The Flying Farmer is online now Find More Posts by The Flying Farmer
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:05 AM
^Its what I do^ - FPVholic
The Flying Farmer's Avatar
USA, MO, Slater Flying Club
Joined Nov 2007
269 Posts
BTW
bsbauman
Your wing is really cool! What is your power system going to be?
Im just curious, how old are you? You are flying the plane right? Im 18.
The Flying Farmer is online now Find More Posts by The Flying Farmer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:31 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
bsbauman's Avatar
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,375 Posts
I am not sure which one you are referring to; but I have one 48" Ele-Bee2 from Windrider that is powered by a Scorpion 2212-1920kv. I fly it with 7.5 in props on 3s and smaller props on 4s, both stay under 25amps

My 100" Queen Bee is powered by a Scorpion 4025-12- 440kv, this is swinging a larger 16.5 inch folding prop. A few nagging mods were made to allow the props to be used as a pusher and still fold.

I may be flyin in a pic, but not sure which one you are referring to with the amount of traffic I unload on RCG. I am 28 and workin hard to support the habbit! here are my 2

Here is a short clip of the Queen Bee when it was powered by EDF, very fun combination but not the most efficient. With 4 minutes of throttle timer, I was able to do 12+min flights depending on conditions.
Queen Bee maiden (0 min 39 sec)
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:16 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
From where I sit, I do not believe the issue has been fixed or even addressed. I was with two fellers (WebDr and X.alien.X) earlier this week, and they both claimed that they were using new systems just received from DragonLink that were supposed to have the new software and work at the same time.

They tinkered with the units, desperately trying to make them play nice together; but all efforts were useless as they would not both operate at the same time without causing problems. They had to take turns flying= problem still exists...

Anyway, just sharing me and my friends' experiences; there might be a few on the market that do work together, but my neither one of my friends got one of those lucky units.
Don't want to hijack the tread, but I suggest you post this on the DL tread, I'm sure it would help them. Are you sure they were systems with new soft ?
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:19 PM
Videopilot
Derek_S's Avatar
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2009
2,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
I am not sure which one you are referring to; but I have one 48" Ele-Bee2 from Windrider that is powered by a Scorpion 2212-1920kv. I fly it with 7.5 in props on 3s and smaller props on 4s, both stay under 25amps

My 100" Queen Bee is powered by a Scorpion 4025-12- 440kv, this is swinging a larger 16.5 inch folding prop. A few nagging mods were made to allow the props to be used as a pusher and still fold.

I may be flyin in a pic, but not sure which one you are referring to with the amount of traffic I unload on RCG. I am 28 and workin hard to support the habbit! here are my 2

Here is a short clip of the Queen Bee when it was powered by EDF, very fun combination but not the most efficient. With 4 minutes of throttle timer, I was able to do 12+min flights depending on conditions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKBEwLBneic
Never seen a gopro look so tiny....
Derek_S is offline Find More Posts by Derek_S
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Iconic X
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:46 PM
Registered User
saxon0010's Avatar
Magyarország, Hajdú-Bihar, Debrecen
Joined Feb 2009
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirewolf903 View Post
AWESOME PAINT JOB!
Thanks!
saxon0010 is offline Find More Posts by saxon0010
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:02 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
bsbauman's Avatar
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Don't want to hijack the tread, but I suggest you post this on the DL tread, I'm sure it would help them. Are you sure they were systems with new soft ?
I have not been following it in the rcg thread, but in the FPVLab.com threads. I cannot be confirm both systems were the new software; I can only tell you that both two pilots told me they were flying with the new software.

What is ironic, is that previously when flying their old DL systems together, they had one of the few pairs that DID work at the well together. Now last time we were out flying, they were taking turns because of radio issues when both were on...
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:08 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
bsbauman's Avatar
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_S View Post
Never seen a gopro look so tiny....
I got very lucky, while I did not intend to mount the gopro so far back on the wing, it sits high enough where you do not see more than a few mm of the black part of the nose.

This thing is really tremendous, but great characteristics to haul around whatever you want (FPV/AP/Lighting Systems/ Etc.). I would like to fabricate some sort of carriage that I can use the 100" Queen to either tow or carry the 48" Ele-Bee up to altitude.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:41 PM
Registered DSer
Kahnx's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Hadfield
Joined Mar 2003
2,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwup View Post
yes we usually fly at pp, there is a small group of us that usually meets up after school/work and on Saturday mornings
Are you flying there this Saturday morning? I've got my brand new FPV Scout Bee to maiden. Trying to decide whether to make the trip down there, or just go on my own to my local flying spot for the first few throws. Got my first EagleTree ODS/Guardian on board, and will need to use the first few flights to 'calibrate' it - might be better to do that without inconveniencing other Dragon LRS users while I stuff around with ground checks and LOS flights.

Are Kal and Micheal there on Saturday in your "small group of us"?

Cheers

Roger
Kahnx is offline Find More Posts by Kahnx
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 06:13 PM
Team Basement-RC
Tracks's Avatar
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnx View Post
Are you flying there this Saturday morning? I've got my brand new FPV Scout Bee to maiden. Trying to decide whether to make the trip down there, or just go on my own to my local flying spot for the first few throws. Got my first EagleTree ODS/Guardian on board, and will need to use the first few flights to 'calibrate' it - might be better to do that without inconveniencing other Dragon LRS users while I stuff around with ground checks and LOS flights.

Are Kal and Micheal there on Saturday in your "small group of us"?

Cheers

Roger
Got pictures of your build? I've finished the last of my LOS and trimming flights. First big FPV flight of my Scout Bee this weekend!
Tracks is offline Find More Posts by Tracks
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:45 AM
^Its what I do^ - FPVholic
The Flying Farmer's Avatar
USA, MO, Slater Flying Club
Joined Nov 2007
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
I would like to fabricate some sort of carriage that I can use the 100" Queen to either tow or carry the 48" Ele-Bee up to altitude.
I fabbed a wing drop on mine. I havent tested it in the air yet, but its a 9gr servo pulling a pin out of guides. I put a zip tie loop on my 42"(100%) Divinity to drop it from its big mama (105" = 250%). The drop mechanism is on CG of course.

PS my previous post was regarding your replies to my vid and request for pics of my landing gear.
The Flying Farmer is online now Find More Posts by The Flying Farmer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:43 AM
JettPilot's Avatar
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
From where I sit, I do not believe the issue has been fixed or even addressed. I was with two fellers (WebDr and X.alien.X) earlier this week, and they both claimed that they were using new systems just received from DragonLink that were supposed to have the new software and work at the same time.

They tinkered with the units, desperately trying to make them play nice together; but all efforts were useless as they would not both operate at the same time without causing problems. They had to take turns flying= problem still exists...

Anyway, just sharing me and my friends' experiences; there might be a few on the market that do work together, but my neither one of my friends got one of those lucky units.
This is not correct, the first units with the new firmware just shipped a few days ago. I know WebDr has had his unit much longer than that and does not have the new firmware yet.

I flew my plane yesterday with 3 Dragon Link transmitters running for several flights, and not a single failsafe
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:03 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
bsbauman's Avatar
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,375 Posts
That is great news your 3 units work well together.

When both of them told me they were both on new software, I took their word for it. I dont know why they would have told me that if they were not. I am going to ask them again to confirm, and will post response.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2011, 08:22 PM
Videopilot
Derek_S's Avatar
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2009
2,721 Posts
That is really good news if it works for the majority like it does in your test case. Any idea if the performance theoretically will improve when operating with other LRS systems too?
Derek_S is offline Find More Posts by Derek_S
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Iconic X
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:17 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
bsbauman's Avatar
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,375 Posts
JettPilot,

I did speak with ludo (aka xalienx aka fpvflyer), and he confirmed that him and Matt have both the new and the older firmware. He also confirmed that NONE of the systems between him and Matt (WebDr) will cooperate at the same time.

I dont know how they do it, but know they are both active in the industry, and sometimes are able to get their hands on products before the rest of us...

Anyway, I do hope these issues are sorted out soon.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Show Us your US Navy Ship ! Chophop Life, The Universe, and Politics 68 Sep 18, 2013 12:07 AM
Gallery Show us your plane! (Part 2) skunkworks2006 FPV Aircraft 2585 Dec 09, 2010 11:04 AM
Discussion Show us your fleet. lovegroove FPV Talk 3 Sep 28, 2010 01:42 PM
Gallery Show us your workshop or man cave! TopSecretBoats Racing Boats - Internal Combustion 10 Sep 25, 2010 12:08 PM
Discussion Show Us Your Clumpy Grass Chophop Electric Plane Talk 11 Sep 24, 2010 10:15 PM