HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 08, 2010, 09:45 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,242 Posts
Gallery
FPV Videos For those that want to see what FPV flying is like check this out [Part 5]

The other thread is about 500 pages long. I figured we can start a new thread. Please post your Check out FPV videos here. The old thread can be found here...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=972676
typicalaimster is online now Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by typicalaimster; Dec 10, 2010 at 08:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2010, 09:53 AM
FPV addict
Giske, Norway
Joined Aug 2009
521 Posts
Finally, I though about this yesterday!!!

And since FPV-Leif does not post his videos here, let's kick off with some of his EasyGlider footage

Dont Stop Me Now! (3 min 35 sec)

Hope FPV-Leif will make more EasyGlider videos soon.
KristianS is offline Find More Posts by KristianS
Old Dec 08, 2010, 04:39 PM
Flying Monkey
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2009
737 Posts
Just had to have this one in here

Mr_B & Simon Says... (4 min 27 sec)

and another one

These Fools & Mr_B (3 min 38 sec)

Mr_B FPV MTV For FPV MusiC VideoS From the community.

Mr_B
8)
//
Mr_B is offline Find More Posts by Mr_B
Last edited by Mr_B; Jul 12, 2011 at 08:11 PM. Reason: BTV
Old Dec 08, 2010, 04:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2010
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristianS View Post
Finally, I though about this yesterday!!!

And since FPV-Leif does not post his videos here, let's kick off with some of his EasyGlider footage

http://vimeo.com/15134959

Hope FPV-Leif will make more EasyGlider videos soon.
very nice video!
qstealth is offline Find More Posts by qstealth
Old Dec 08, 2010, 04:43 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
Hi all heres a short vid from the UK fpv Santa Pod meet last Saturday. Flown with a Trex 450 se V2. About half way through I tried to transition from googles to normal view to land and nearly hit the wall lols . I must practice some fpv landings with the heli so any tips for best approches!!!!
If you look closely half way up the track you will see the cars drifting (on the right hand side)
Uk Fpv meet Santa Pod (5 min 12 sec)

Regards Liam
L14m is offline Find More Posts by L14m
Old Dec 08, 2010, 06:04 PM
NDw
Ireland, Limerick, Kilmallock
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
Again nothing exciting but it's fpv flying!

fpv (8 min 44 sec)
NDw is offline Find More Posts by NDw
Old Dec 09, 2010, 01:23 PM
Yeah Baby
Joined Apr 2006
1,394 Posts
Complete video loss in the Fatsharks

The video cable came out of the fatsharks
http://www.vimeo.com/17639105
And enjoy
Simon
bignose13 is offline Find More Posts by bignose13
Old Dec 09, 2010, 02:29 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L14m View Post
Hi all heres a short vid from the UK fpv Santa Pod meet last Saturday. Flown with a Trex 450 se V2. About half way through I tried to transition from googles to normal view to land and nearly hit the wall lols . I must practice some fpv landings with the heli so any tips for best approches!!!!
If you look closely half way up the track you will see the cars drifting (on the right hand side)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDe8Chg_l5M
Regards Liam
Finally one get to see at least ONE video from the meet. I was expecting to see you all huddled around a fire. that was a cold and miserable day. I was picking my wife from Stevenage and I remember feeling nice and toasty in my car wher I cranked the heating to Gas mark 7

Nice one Liam
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Dec 09, 2010, 02:30 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
The video cable came out of the fatsharks
Ya, I've taken to taping the cable to the goggles now. I lost it once right after launch
(not fully unplugged, but enough to lose the signal, and I didn't know why).

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2010, 03:01 PM
NDw
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
Another eventless flight, although I did "feel" a failsafe.

. (4 min 50 sec)
Old Dec 09, 2010, 03:09 PM
Poland Gdynia
Joined Feb 2009
373 Posts
I'll brag about it appeared in TV on the FPV
Even trappy showed
http://vimeo.com/17650196
kefir is offline Find More Posts by kefir
Old Dec 09, 2010, 04:20 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
Santa Pod fpvuk
Cheers rcmonster ,well we wern't huddled around a fire but fpvnick brought a bbq along which gave off a little heat lols. The weather wasn't too bad once the fog lifted. there was very little wind and it was just above freezing but I think all the talking kept us going. Great day was had buy all that attended and it was cool to put some faces to the names.
Regards Liam.
L14m is offline Find More Posts by L14m
Old Dec 09, 2010, 04:38 PM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
Hey, who's that really cool guy there at the end flying a plane over what looks like NYC? Hehehe kidding.. LOVE the octocopter, very cool. :-)

I can finally put up my own FPV entry! Please note that this was a first test and I was NOT flying by FPV (Flew by LOS only for this), but this is in fact my first successful step toward flying FPV and I'm not far from the real thing. This was a very big deal for me because I've only been flying RC LOS for just over a month, and so the first successful test of the FPV system means a whole lot.

Anyway... The plane is a Skyartec Skyfun, still mostly stock except for the ESC (A HobbyWing Pentium 40A waiting for a bigger motor) and some cutting I did to the foam to help with the FPV system layout. The VTX is an 800mW 1.3GHz model from New Gen Hobbies, and the camera is a KPC-DNR700 from Protection Depot. The video system is powered by the lighter Skyartec stock 1100 mAH lipo battery, and the avionics are powered by a Hot Power 1450 mAH lipo battery. I made my own camera to vtx cable that weighs only 3 grams, had to because the stock cabling made the plane unflyably heavy. Between using the lighter battery (first attempt used TWO 1450 mAH lipos) and the lighter cable system, I dropped about 90 grams (!) and made the entire system far more reliable.

So, here's a video showing all the key points of that day and the first successful flights after so many failures. Was I happy? OMG, you have no idea. I was THRILLED. :-)

Also, my apologies that the video isn't cleaner. I recorded at a lower bitrate than I should have, and my video editing program got super fussy about my format so I had to transcode and took some losses as a result. Next time I'll encode it way higher, not sure what I was thinking by limiting myself.

All comments appreciated!

First Successful Skyfun FPV System Flight Test, 12-8-10 (14 min 49 sec)

Rick NR417
NightRunner417 is offline Find More Posts by NightRunner417
Old Dec 09, 2010, 05:04 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,070 Posts
Rick... That poor plane took some beating ! what a nice place to fly from, mind you this looks like a muggers paradise ! be careful out there
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Dec 09, 2010, 05:24 PM
NDw
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
I've wanted to fpv my Skyfun for a long time but love it so much didn't want to risk wrecking it.

I think you could def go lighter on the video system battery to reduce weight. Probably 300- 400 mah would do. Or you could try a Sander style filte and go with a single battery.
Closed Thread