RS10 1 20.00%
Mad Crawler 4 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 08, 2010, 01:35 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2 Posts
Help!
Redcat RS10 vs Exceed Mad Crawler

Like the title says... they're both simmilar in design. What my question is is which one is better and why?
Mitch13 is offline Find More Posts by Mitch13
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2010, 10:34 AM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
neither, i think the axial ax10 scorpion rtr will be the best bet for you, as it's only a little more and it has a lot more parts support.
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02
Old Dec 08, 2010, 06:08 PM
WHOHH..You See That??
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Jan 2005
1,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettrooper02 View Post
neither, i think the axial ax10 scorpion rtr will be the best bet for you, as it's only a little more and it has a lot more parts support.
+1
qualcity is offline Find More Posts by qualcity
Old Dec 08, 2010, 09:31 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
well i belive the mad crawler as most of the people that have negative things to say about exceed have not owned one . i have three exceed rc's two drift cars and an 1/8 scale maxstone crawler . and all have steel drive train and alot of features found on high end cars . i have had zero !!! issues with these cars / trucks and as far as parts nitrorcx carries the parts and are speedy with shipping . if you are on a budget not a bad deal .
th 1/10 scale does need some tuning to reduce/ rid the torq roll but most every part can be hopped up with an axial part or hop up parts from nitro rcx if needed .

but this is just one mans experence with this brand maby more that have owned one good or bad will chime in . i my self dont jump on the name brand wagon. im on a budget and if not for some of the lower brands i would not be able to continue my hobby due to losing my 17+ year career as a heavy equipment opperator . un employment in my region is 12 + % right now .
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Old Dec 08, 2010, 10:00 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettrooper02 View Post
Thanks but I think I want to go with an moa, if not I would probably get the creeper. I'm not too concerned about support, there seems to be enough around to get by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcphreak View Post
well i belive the mad crawler as most of the people that have negative things to say about exceed have not owned one . i have three exceed rc's two drift cars and an 1/8 scale maxstone crawler . and all have steel drive train and alot of features found on high end cars . i have had zero !!! issues with these cars / trucks and as far as parts nitrorcx carries the parts and are speedy with shipping . if you are on a budget not a bad deal .
th 1/10 scale does need some tuning to reduce/ rid the torq roll but most every part can be hopped up with an axial part or hop up parts from nitro rcx if needed .

but this is just one mans experence with this brand maby more that have owned one good or bad will chime in . i my self dont jump on the name brand wagon. im on a budget and if not for some of the lower brands i would not be able to continue my hobby due to losing my 17+ year career as a heavy equipment opperator . un employment in my region is 12 + % right now .
Same here, I don't have a real big budget and this will be my first rock crawler so it doesn't need to be anything all that spectacular anyway. Yea unemployment rate is about the same here but I'm only 17 so I'm not afected by that quite as much...
Mitch13 is offline Find More Posts by Mitch13
Old Dec 10, 2010, 04:38 PM
Joined Sep 2009
391 Posts
Well for a somewhat good moa you have to have a dig, which in forth will require other stuff that the redcat and exceed don't have. I'd personally recommend a shaft driven crawler, and even further a losi night crawler. Its rtr, has 2.4ghz radio, lipo compatible esc, all the hop ups on the losi will work on the night crawler, worm gear drive train so drag brake isn't necessary, it comes with good tires. And a stock night crawler will ouit preform a stock exceed or redcat, even if you was to spend the extra 150 on getting dig working on the redcat or exceed the night crawler would work better, no tuning out of the box, its a great rtr, one of the best IMO.

Also do yourself a favor and don't even consider the creeper, its a pos.

Yep unempolyment is around the same here too, and being 16 (i am) it is impossible to find a job, even all the fast food joints got 30 year men that used to work oil field working there now. lol. So i have been paying for my rc's, gas, and insurance the last few months on what i saved up before i got laid off from my last job. and i know that spending that extra 100 bucks is worth it at the beginning than buying something with no thought process behind it and you have to go and upgrade it alot before its even close to being comparable with the $1500 rigs
losikid is offline Find More Posts by losikid
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:47 PM
United States, WI, Kenosha
Joined Mar 2007
22 Posts
red cat vs mad crawler

I have axials, losi , maxstones and a mad crawler, and the mad crawler stock will out climb all of them and we are talking 124.00 bucks, these are made in denmark not china for exceed, no way you can buy axial close to this, you can buy new tires and put in a 5000amh lipo and still be under 200.00and parts are plentifull
flynfred is online now Find More Posts by flynfred