HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2010, 04:24 PM
Buzz Run Extraordinare!
USA, MI, Sanford
Joined Jul 2006
2,371 Posts
Discussion
hobbypartz crappy customer service

I have been trying to get a servo exchanged for the last week because it was missing its right center. They do not answer their livechat, and they have yet to respond to email. Buyer beware!
b-29er is offline Find More Posts by b-29er
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2010, 05:19 PM
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
Phone Support 626-968-9865 M-F 12pm-7pm PST
Fax: 626-968-9830
HobbyPartz USA RC Hobby
Customer Certified

I've not had any problems with their customer service. Your post is a little harsh don't ya think?
gregory.da is offline Find More Posts by gregory.da
Old Dec 06, 2010, 05:23 PM
Buzz Run Extraordinare!
USA, MI, Sanford
Joined Jul 2006
2,371 Posts
no. I have been trying to get ahold of them since last monday on a nightly basis. The only time I did get ahold of them, the live chat op went on break right after he said hello. I have also emailed them, got a busy tone every time I called them , and as of today, posted in their support blog, yet I cannot get ahold of them. IT's my first time using their service, and it may just be a 3 dollar part, but the service thus far is as unimpressive as anything.
Last edited by b-29er; Dec 06, 2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2010, 05:30 PM
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
Ok, best of luck to ya. I'm sure they will make it good.
gregory.da is offline Find More Posts by gregory.da
Old Dec 06, 2010, 05:34 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,127 Posts
I have no problem to call in either. Go to nitroplanes.com, under contact us, call the listed numbers.
I called last week for my plane missing nose cone, they sent me another one today.
Good luck.
whatala is offline Find More Posts by whatala
Old Dec 06, 2010, 05:44 PM
Buzz Run Extraordinare!
USA, MI, Sanford
Joined Jul 2006
2,371 Posts
thanks for the tip. I am in the wait line on the phone.
Old Dec 06, 2010, 08:49 PM
LI, NY,
Joined Oct 2008
1,964 Posts
I've found HP to be totaly reponsive if you call. Great customer service.

EDIT: I'm really suprised by your experience. I ordered some stuff and then recieved an email saying it's out of stock. They sent what was in stock and I got them on the phone and swapped it for something else and the extra 50 cents was put back into my paypal account. I've ordered at least 10x so far and in fact I got an order delivered yesterday that took 5 days from click to being here including Sat. & Sun.

I've never waited more then 5 minutes on the phone and they were very attentive to helping me out. I ordred something one evening and in the morning I realised I needed something else so I made that a seperate order. I called them to ask if they could put both orders together...not for my sake but to help them with shipping cost. They don't worry, we'll just send both orders seperate.
reacher10 is offline Find More Posts by reacher10
Last edited by reacher10; Dec 07, 2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old Dec 06, 2010, 11:27 PM
Buzz Run Extraordinare!
USA, MI, Sanford
Joined Jul 2006
2,371 Posts
I called, waited 51 minutes, and was 2nd in que, then the phone line went dead on their end. I waited an extra few minutes, but hung up after no response. ill try again tomorrow.

reacher, i didn't quite get what your message said.
Old Dec 09, 2010, 12:52 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2009
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-29er View Post
I have been trying to get a servo exchanged for the last week because it was missing its right center. They do not answer their livechat, and they have yet to respond to email. Buyer beware!
We have alternative solution to reach us. Please use our support forum. Our team is super responsive there. http://www.rcdiscuss.com/index.php?P...655&board=69.0

Thanks and Happy Holiday!
hobbypartz is offline Find More Posts by hobbypartz
Old Dec 09, 2010, 02:59 PM
Irvine, CA
Joined Jan 2005
105 Posts
I have gotten the same crappy non response support from HP also. I got a defective 30Amp ESC, got an RMA, returned defective unit, got an email that it was out of stock for 3+ weeks, even though it showed that it was in stock. So I emailed them to get a refund. That was 1+ week ago without any response. I get the same problem when I called their support ph#...on hold forever. I hung up after 30+ min. of waiting. Why do I have to post a support problem on their forum. Do they not read their support emails or answer their phones.
wsame is offline Find More Posts by wsame
Old Dec 11, 2010, 05:59 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
I feel sorry for this guy that tried the support forum

http://www.rcdiscuss.com/index.php?P...&topic=30126.0
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2010, 10:43 PM
TEXAS
Joined Oct 2010
874 Posts
LOL, That is pathetic. From now on when i order its gonna be with a credit card and if something isnt right with shipping or when i open the box if something is damaged or missing there will be an immediate charge back on their arses and a return of the product they shipped. Fight fire with fire folks. This is how they do people here in the states and nobody can do anything about it but you. I'm done giving these China Vendors the benefit of the doubt. Just read the BBB reports on these Vendors if you dont believe.
Do on to them as they do on to you and they might change the way they do customers....CHARGE BACK< CHARGE BACK< CHARGE BACK !!!! Dont use the Paypal, thats how they getchu First sign of problem CHARGE BACK !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyman923 View Post
I feel sorry for this guy that tried the support forum

http://www.rcdiscuss.com/index.php?P...&topic=30126.0
Yort69 is offline Find More Posts by Yort69
Old Dec 15, 2010, 02:20 AM
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2005
852 Posts
Ive had products i needed to return ( Hobbypartz) in the past and so far all have been taken care of quickly and professionally.
Eric is very helpful over on Rcdiscuss, keep in mind he is swamped this time of the year but so far he has been responding same day ( have missing parts on my airfield 1400mm planes from black friday.)
smasher41 is offline Find More Posts by smasher41
Old Dec 15, 2010, 07:56 AM
Battle Ground, WA, USA
Joined Dec 2009
14 Posts
I've found customer service from Hobbypartz to be a lot like playing a slot machine. Sometimes you win, most times you lose. You get what you pay for with them. Low prices = low quality products and poor customer service. I've had several orders with them since the first of the year, but rarely buy from them anymore. Too much trouble with problems on about 1 out of every 2 orders. Their warranties are especially worthless.
Teepot is offline Find More Posts by Teepot
Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:32 AM
Pa.
Joined Mar 2009
837 Posts
hi all i seen on a video on you tube that banana hobbies and all the other xheli nitroparts nitroplanes hobby parts AND TWENTY OTHER web names these people go BY ARE IN FACT all the same group same show room busted
dude7422 is offline Find More Posts by dude7422