SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 06, 2010, 06:44 AM
United States, OH, Blanchester
Joined Oct 2009
230 Posts
Discussion
setting Dx6I for supercub

I was told ,when I change over to be able to use my DX6I I needed to plug the Rudd into the Ailerons. But also when I add ailerons I was told to have rudd turn when the Ailerons did using the right stick only . Can some tell me how to do this on my radio ? I have a Supercub LP I bought the receiver that uses the Brush motor,but has 4 ch's

Thanks
houseboat is offline Find More Posts by houseboat
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2010, 09:42 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,108 Posts
The reason why you were told to swap rudder in the aileron channel was so that you get used to turning or banking with the aileron stick so that when you transition to a 4 channel plane with aileron you are already used to turning or banking with the AILERON stick.

The actual swapping of the rudder servo lead into the aileron channel of the RX is when you are not using a computer radio. Since you're using the DX6i you could of easily programmed a mix to mix rudder to aileron. What that you would done for you is better since it would allow you to fly and turn or bank with the aileron stick but once on the ground you can taxi using the rudder stick just like you would with a proper 4 channel plane.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Dec 06, 2010, 09:55 AM
Joined Oct 2009
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
The reason why you were told to swap rudder in the aileron channel was so that you get used to turning or banking with the aileron stick so that when you transition to a 4 channel plane with aileron you are already used to turning or banking with the AILERON stick.

The actual swapping of the rudder servo lead into the aileron channel of the RX is when you are not using a computer radio. Since you're using the DX6i you could of easily programmed a mix to mix rudder to aileron. What that you would done for you is better since it would allow you to fly and turn or bank with the aileron stick but once on the ground you can taxi using the rudder stick just like you would with a proper 4 channel plane.
Thanks for the reply : When I get ready to add Ailerons to the cub How do you do the mix to mix process ? Thanks again
Old Dec 06, 2010, 11:12 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseboat View Post
When I get ready to add Ailerons to the cub How do you do the mix to mix process ? Thanks again
When you add AILERONs you wont need to mix anything since the rudder will be connected to the rudder channel and the aileron will be or should be connected to the aileron channel...

Basic 4ch plane servo connection
Old Dec 06, 2010, 11:43 AM
Joined Oct 2009
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
When you add AILERONs you wont need to mix anything since the rudder will be connected to the rudder channel and the aileron will be or should be connected to the aileron channel...

Basic 4ch plane servo connection
I think I am confuse now I saw youtube with the S/C when you used the Ailerons and turn right the rudd also turn without input from the left stick I am thinking they were some kind of program ,so when you turn to the right with ailerons the rudder also turn .With 4 ch 's I know you can use the left stick to turn the rudder with the right stick turning also.it's something about using the rudd to turn with the S/C. Maybe I am wrong here !!
Thanks
Old Dec 06, 2010, 12:31 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,188 Posts
I think you want to mix rudder and aileron. This is done in your programable mixes on your dx6i. Ive done this on some of my planes, and even had it activated by switch for when I didnt want it.
I can give instuctions if you need...
MikeRx is online now Find More Posts by MikeRx
Old Dec 06, 2010, 12:48 PM
Joined Oct 2009
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRx View Post
I think you want to mix rudder and aileron. This is done in your programable mixes on your dx6i. Ive done this on some of my planes, and even had it activated by switch for when I didnt want it.
I can give instuctions if you need...
That would be great ! Getting ready to mount the servo onto the wing ,so would like to be able to do that
Thanks
Old Dec 06, 2010, 03:11 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,108 Posts
Mixing rudder to aileron is common for coordenated turns. Not every body uses a radio mix for this as they simply flight the plane and use both stick to turn .

If you do want to mix rudder with ailerons its is a very simply mix

ximply mix rudder & aileron and then add the amount you that you want, then you can also put this mix on a switch like mentioned above so when you do not want it.
Old Dec 06, 2010, 03:40 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseboat View Post
That would be great ! Getting ready to mount the servo onto the wing ,so would like to be able to do that
Thanks
After hooking up with rudder on left stick and ail on rh, go into your radio and scroll down to "mix 1". click on "inh" and change to "act", this turns ON the mix. From there you select you master channel which is aileron, and your "slave" channel as rudder. Then will select how much you want the rudder to move relative to aileron using the % selections. You will notice that it gives you the option to also adjust throw based on direction of control, (left or right)
For me, I used 50% rudder.(half as much rudder deflection as aileron.)
The "sw" selection lets you assign a switch to turn on and off if you choose.
Detailed instuctions here..
http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...anual_DX6i.pdf
Happy flying!
MikeRx is online now Find More Posts by MikeRx
Old Dec 07, 2010, 01:51 PM
Joined Oct 2009
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRx View Post
After hooking up with rudder on left stick and ail on rh, go into your radio and scroll down to "mix 1". click on "inh" and change to "act", this turns ON the mix. From there you select you master channel which is aileron, and your "slave" channel as rudder. Then will select how much you want the rudder to move relative to aileron using the % selections. You will notice that it gives you the option to also adjust throw based on direction of control, (left or right)
For me, I used 50% rudder.(half as much rudder deflection as aileron.)
The "sw" selection lets you assign a switch to turn on and off if you choose.
Detailed instuctions here..
http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...anual_DX6i.pdf
Happy flying!
Thanks alot I will try this when I put the Ailerons on