HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2010, 01:39 AM
Cleveland
Joined Nov 2002
40 Posts
Discussion
Turnigy 9X Mode 1 to Mode 2 Switch

OK, sorry if this has been covered before, but I spent half an hour searching through the "The FlySky/iMax/Turnigy 9x/Eurgle 9CH radio Custom Firmware Facts/How-to Thread! " with the 3300+ posts and I could not find the procedure outlined anywhere. (I couldn't find it in other threads either)

So does anyone know step by step instructions for changing from mode 1 to mode 2 on a Turnigy 9x?

Thanks,

XTO
XTheOwl is offline Find More Posts by XTheOwl
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2010, 01:47 AM
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Sep 2004
207 Posts
Google is your friend...

HobbyKing Turnigy FlySky 9x V2 Controller, Changing Mode 1 to 2 and Removable Module Conversion (3 min 49 sec)

Regards,

Eusebio
ek123 is online now Find More Posts by ek123
Old Dec 05, 2010, 07:17 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTheOwl View Post
So does anyone know step by step instructions for changing from mode 1 to mode 2 on a Turnigy 9x?

Thanks,

XTO
The video should help, but basically there are only two steps:
1. Switch the friction and spring centering hardware between left and right sticks. How to do this should be pretty obvious when you take the back off. I had a problem with mine and the adjustment mechanism for the spring didn't work when I switched to the other side and I had to attach the spring to another part of the stick assembly with some thin cord. It was slightly awkward but works fine.

2. Now you have the sticks set up mechanically, you just have to program each model memory for the appropriate Stick Mode (Mode 2 in your case). This is part of the set up menu.

That's all there is to it.

Let us know if you have problems.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Dec 05, 2010, 11:16 AM
Cleveland
Joined Nov 2002
40 Posts
Thanks very much ek and daedalus. Just one last question:

I will be using this for a 6-channel helicopter. Will this modification make the transmitter identical to a stock mode 2 so that I can use ALL the mixing functions without any difficulty?

Thanks again,

XTO
XTheOwl is offline Find More Posts by XTheOwl
Old Dec 05, 2010, 01:07 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
The above modification only changes channel assignments to sticks.

Channel mixing function is not altered.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 05, 2010, 03:14 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kim View Post
The above modification only changes channel assignments to sticks.

Channel mixing function is not altered.
Just to confirm that. If you have any doubts, just take an existing model definition and change Stick Mode to Mode 2. You'll find it works exactly the same way except that the collective and elevator sticks are interchanged.

Having done that, go in and do the physical change.

Keep in mind that you have to set Stick Mode for each individual model memory.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 07:47 PM
Joined Jun 2009
39 Posts
I just acquired a Mode-1 Turnigy 9x with the intention of converting it to Mode 2, unfortunately the spring tension adjuster on the right-hand stick (elevator) was completely fused to the gymbal cradle and would NOT budge! This resulted in a really weak spring feel which was just unusable.

For anyone else who suffers the same problem, it can be resolved by swapping the gymbal cradles over. You only need to prise out the metal plate from inside the cradle which holdes the potentiometer in place, then pop out the gymbal. Once you do this on both sides of the radio you can just unscrew the gymbal cradles from the front of the radio, swap them over, and then re-install the gymbals, potentiometers and locking plates back into place.
Kaldek is offline Find More Posts by Kaldek
Old Apr 12, 2011, 02:27 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
If your custom firmware is a problem, it is your problem. We cannot help you.
Revert to the original firmware.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 12, 2011, 04:17 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kim View Post
If your custom firmware is a problem, it is your problem. We cannot help you.
Revert to the original firmware.
Kaldek's comment had nothing to do with firmware. It was purely about a mechanical problem.

I had the same problem of jammed adjusted and solved it by bypassing the spring tension adjuster altogether. I just tied the spring to a convenient location with braided fishing line. It took a bit of trial and error to get the tension right, but once set it was as good as the normal setup.
Old Jun 04, 2014, 02:46 AM
United States, OR, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2012
29 Posts
9 ch turnigy mode 2

I have a new 9ch Turnigy mode 3 when I turn it on it says mode 1 I go to the stick settings and and choose mode 2 but mode 1 always comes up. I ordered the receiver in mode 2 why wasn't it sent in mode 2?
jfrenzel000 is offline Find More Posts by jfrenzel000