HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2010, 01:31 AM
North Coast NSW, Australia
Joined Jun 2004
208 Posts
Discussion
Free Flight for school students

Hi all,
I'm in the process of organising a model building/flying activity day for a group of 12-15 year olds. I've ordered a stack of 1.5, 3 and 5mm balsa along with 135mm plastic propellers and 6mm rubber. I'm looking for a simple, reliable design to build using these resources.

Regardless, I think I'll start the day with some small gliders to teach basic concepts, then move on to rubber powered models. I have plans for a model with sheet balsa wings which would be a nice progressions from gliders.

As a teenager, I spent a lot of time playing with the Wrampager design. I had some great flights, but looking at the plan now it seems to have a huge amount of undercamber.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Leon.
aerohydro is offline Find More Posts by aerohydro
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2010, 12:41 AM
Zach
Illinois
Joined Feb 2004
806 Posts
There are a few models that come to mind. One being the Squirrel and one being the Canarsie Canary.

Here is a link to a post where a similar question was presented. You can find the plans for the Canary in post #7.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=denmark

Hope this helps,
Zach
Tail Spin1 is offline Find More Posts by Tail Spin1