HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by deckert, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 04, 2010, 04:57 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,561 Posts
Discussion
Going Stupid

I NEVER EVER EVER thought I'd be doing this but here I am. I'm setting up to fly indoors. In a 50'w x 100'l x 25'h no less. Well actually the club is doing this, but being the dummy I am, here I go as well. I swore like a hooker at a bible rally there was no way I'd ever do something like this but here I am. I'm just getting dragged into the depths of Satans Lair.

Just how in the world people have the patience and fingers to work with these flimsy things is a miracle to me. Most everything I touch bends, breaks or breaks loose. I had to have the wife help me to get the stupid prop on. (Prop-saver) I wonder just who the sadist was that invented these things? I'll bet that sucker is still laughing about this. None-the-less, I got the bird built thanks to Ken Young from Subsonic Planes. I ordered up the wrong power stuff, DUH! What makes this worse is the fact I'm working on free plans from the foamie members here @ RCG and tuning them up for laser cutting. It's a good thing some of my friends don't know about this, they'd shun me for life. They'd be more accepting if I was on drugs. Lord please tell me how I stooped to this level of depravity!

When all was said & done, I wound up with a bird that weighed in at a whopping AUW of 130g or 4.6oz. Holy criminy, I have props that weigh that much. I sure didn't make any effort to go pretty, I just slammed it together. Maybe next time I'll read the directions. Just another DUH moment. Anyway, here's the results of my impatience. If I crash, it better be darn well be spectacular. Parts and foam EVERYWHERE!

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
to remove ads between posts