SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 03, 2003, 10:29 PM
Westerly, RI, USA
Joined Oct 2002
1,482 Posts
My speedwing video for those that might not have seen it...

http://members.cox.net/smjohnri/miniflashspeedwing3.wmv
hopsterguy is offline Find More Posts by hopsterguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2003, 12:56 AM
Tight is Right
Lehi, Utah, United States
Joined Dec 2001
7,693 Posts
Mine still isn't finished, but it is getting covered. I've had a few insanities eat up some time so I've been away from building projects.

Any extra time has been spent flying.

I have to spend next weekend at home (doing LASIK Thursday) and my eyes will probably be too light sensitive to fly, so this weekend I should get her done.

Melf
Darren Hintze is offline Find More Posts by Darren Hintze
Old Jul 07, 2012, 02:35 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,321 Posts
Hey, let's drag up a REALLY old thread! Not much out there about the Mini Flash speed wings. Can't believe it's almost 9 years since I've flown mine. I was talked into selling the Mini Flash with the 3D wings many years ago but I kept the speed wings. I bought a fuse kit a few years ago and just decided to build it. As is typical for MM kits it took no time at all to build. I'll be going old school with a Himax 2015-4100 geared inrunner with as yet undecided gearing.

I'm spending much more time trying to decide on covering than I did building. The wings are transparent red and black and are in perfect condition. I'd hate to strip and recover them. Gotta figure out a color scheme for the fuse that will complement them. I don't have any more of the transparent red though. I don't plan to buy any either. I've been wanting to use some silver and black but it may not go well with the red. I'll figure something out sometime. It's too freaking hot here to fly so I've got plenty of time. When it finally cools down a bit I'll have 4 maidens to do. Looking forward to this little hot rod again. When I finally decide on the covering I'll post some pictures.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Jul 07, 2012, 02:59 PM
Zak
Serial plane killer
Joined Jun 2002
402 Posts
Subscribed!

I have a MiniFlash in the bag that I bought a few years ago, but when I received it the canopy was crushed so I lost the motivation to build it.

Can't wait to see yours!
Zak is offline Find More Posts by Zak
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:28 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,321 Posts
Well she's finally done. Not sure what is up with my camera. I can't get it to take a decent picture since my grandson got his hands on it.

The covering scheme is not very inventive but my schemes never are.
The Himax 2015-4100 geared inrunner is working out well, it always did in the past. 10.5 amps draw and 128 watts output with the 5.3:1 gearing and an APC 10x5E prop. At 15.6 ounces AUW with 3S1300mah Li-Po I'm sure performance will be "sparkling"!

It's 115 degrees outside right now at just past noon. I don't plan to do a maiden or any flying of anything until it cools off some. Probably sometime in September..........

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe