SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by HawkerTyphoon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 11:26 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Discussion
Metal Shop

This past week in metal shop I had some spare time. Normally I have been working on the lathe but since there are two kids per lathe, the past few days have been my days off.

At the back of the shop we have a big barrel of scraps and parts, and looking through it I found lots of old crusty welding rods. Some of the other kids were making some stuff with them and one of the designs inspired me. After I took all the coating off the rods I made a nice little hat. The Element logo on the front took me just as long to make as the rest of the hat did.

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2010, 03:33 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Nice work. What process did you use? Tig or gas?
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Dec 18, 2010, 04:51 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERNDALE AIR FOR View Post
Nice work. What process did you use? Tig or gas?
Thanks!! Up close there are a lot of flaws, but overall I am happy with how it turned out.

I used the Oxy-Fuel torch. We have three tigs at school and they all were set up for aluminum at the time so I used the gas torch instead.

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon