SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by porcia83, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 11:03 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Yippee!
My Twinstar 1 and Twinstar 11

So I finally got both of my Twin Stars built. My friend Stefan (Komet 44) professionaly built the grey one and helped me maiden it this past weekend. It's got a couple of brushless motors from hobbypartz and my leftover T-28 ESCs. This thing rocks...a true STOL plane. I bought the Parkzone Extra 300 wheels and bracket and fit that into the fuze with some tinkering. Tail wheel is from the 300 as well. Love the way this thing flies. Less floaty then I expected punches right through the wind with a 3300 and 5000 battery installed.

The Twinstar 11 was built by another member of my club. As soon as I got it I stripped the stickers and my son and I started tinkering with the paint. We also added the float kit. At present all that's left to do is put the pontoons on the wings. I have GWS floats that I cut down and will be using those. I though the looked pretty cool, and share the same design as the front piece of float kit. I'll probably use a solid piece of wood for support and to attach to the wing. This plane is not light and I think a couple of small dowels would not do it. I plan on flying this on snow and water.

I'll update once it's completely done. Can't wait to maiden it.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2010, 11:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Twinstar 11 Sea Plane

And here is the other one.

And yes, those are two bug eye styled "windows" I attached to the front of the plane. My son is looking out from one, and my daughter from the other.
Last edited by porcia83; Nov 15, 2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2010, 09:05 PM
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
Tom ,TS2 Looks greattttttt Very nice color's.If your power is like TS1,the test flight will be a no brainer.
stefanP
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
Old Dec 09, 2010, 01:43 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,970 Posts
Hey, porcia83!!
Beautiful TSs. The paint on your TSII is exceptional!

I'm a member of the Simsbury Radio Control Club...just a bit north of you! Where do you usually fly?

If you have your AMA, you're welcome to come up and fly as a guest some time. I'd love to check out yout float kit...and you're welcome to take my 900W Twinstar II for a spin.

Regardless, nice job and thanks for sharing your pictures. Take care of that original Twinstar. That thing is a collector's item!
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Dec 09, 2010, 02:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
Hey, porcia83!!
Beautiful TSs. The paint on your TSII is exceptional!

I'm a member of the Simsbury Radio Control Club...just a bit north of you! Where do you usually fly?

If you have your AMA, you're welcome to come up and fly as a guest some time. I'd love to check out yout float kit...and you're welcome to take my 900W Twinstar II for a spin.

Regardless, nice job and thanks for sharing your pictures. Take care of that original Twinstar. That thing is a collector's item!
holy cow...900W....is that a rocket or a plane. Thanks for the kind comments. The floats are on and the glue is drying, I should have pics up later today. I got the plane and the upgraded brushless kit from Tower. I may need some more juice given the extra weight, we'll see. The Twinstar 1 has more than enough.

I belong the Wintonbury ni Bloomfield and Windingbrook in Rocky Hill but am usually at Wintonbury. I've been the Simsbury to watch, would love to fly there sometime.

See if you can make it to our Frozen Finger Fly In on 1-1-11 at the field in Bloomfield. We had a blast last year, I know some folks from Simsbury made it up.
Old Dec 09, 2010, 08:44 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
holy cow...900W....is that a rocket or a plane. Thanks for the kind comments. The floats are on and the glue is drying, I should have pics up later today. I got the plane and the upgraded brushless kit from Tower. I may need some more juice given the extra weight, we'll see. The Twinstar 1 has more than enough.

I belong the Wintonbury ni Bloomfield and Windingbrook in Rocky Hill but am usually at Wintonbury. I've been the Simsbury to watch, would love to fly there sometime.

See if you can make it to our Frozen Finger Fly In on 1-1-11 at the field in Bloomfield. We had a blast last year, I know some folks from Simsbury made it up.
Let us know how you make out with the float kit.

I wouldn't miss the new year's day fly-in! It will be my third year in a row. The Wintonbury club seems like a great group of folks...that's a great event.

I'll see you there. I'm bringing a noisy/ugly Stryler and a MPX Funcub with floats. If I had a water plane setup for my TSII, I would definitely bring that.

-Mike
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Dec 09, 2010, 09:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
weighs in at 3 pounds 2 ounces. Fired up the motors today with a 11.1 v 3300 mah 30c battery and noted about 475 watts.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 09:29 AM
Joined Mar 2011
3 Posts
eltyb egyptian

very good
eltyb EGYPTIAN is offline Find More Posts by eltyb EGYPTIAN
Old Mar 31, 2011, 02:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Thanks!

As luck would have it (or not) this lawn darted last week-end. I changed props and thought I was good to go. Hand launched it at about 35 degree angle, and had a violent shake on the left engine. Immediately shut down engines but to low and slow and down it went. engine mount is loose, and the rear wing support was cracked. Ground was wet and soggy so that spared more damage.

It hurt to see this goes in!
Old Apr 04, 2011, 04:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Ugh...grey one went in too...not having a good week!