Old May 17, 2012, 10:46 PM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxilia View Post
Greg,

Is that a Yoshioka Dash 5 60? Heck, even with pants it looks sharp! Nice finishing job - paint and plastic?

I have a Dash 5 45 in my stash to be built one day with a YS 45 FR. The 45 has an open bottom tunnel for the pipe with a small glass chin cowl that mostly covers the header. Is the 60 designed in the same way? Plug in wings?

David
It, was bought at a garage sale, constructed but unfinished, for the grand price of $25 minus a canopy.

The finish is epoxy/glass over automotive acrylic laquer.

I'd say it's constructed in much the same, way, plug in wings, chin cowl and recessed pipe tunnel, but not enclosed.

Thanks for the comments guys
Curare is online now Find More Posts by Curare
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2012, 01:24 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherof4 View Post
Henry,

Welcome home.

We would all like to see pictures.

Where are you located?

Doug
Hi Doug,
I live in Las Vegas now. I'll try to dig up some pictures.

Henry
bugdude is online now Find More Posts by bugdude
Old May 18, 2012, 02:48 AM
Raised on 80's Pattern
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Joined May 2006
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugdude View Post
Hi Doug,
I live in Las Vegas now. I'll try to dig up some pictures.

Henry
Henry,

I know its a bit of a drive but we are having the So Cal Classic Pattern get-together this Saturday. You should consider coming out and seeing some very nice airplanes fly.

Doug
Fatherof4 is offline Find More Posts by Fatherof4
Old May 24, 2012, 01:18 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Im *FINALLY* going down to my fathers this weekend ( after months of last minute cancellations ) so I will be digging through mountains of kits and aircraft and will keep an eye out for all our old pattern stuff. Anything offhand that folks havent been able to find in years that I should keep my eye out for ( the amount of rc stuff is staggering, so I wouldnt rule any rare finds out, but also cant say for sure what is there and whats not its been so long )

Just thought I would give you guys a heads up as I had planned on going a long time ago and havent really updated anyone as to what all has been dug up.

Mendo
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2012, 01:43 PM
ONEHANDRC
United States, WI, Genoa City
Joined Dec 2007
626 Posts
Would like a original Bridi Tweety Bird.

Gino
gallfer is offline Find More Posts by gallfer
Old May 24, 2012, 02:44 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
I know so far to keep an eye out for a violet shrike to be sure, Ill also see if there are any of the bridi bird line of kits like the tweety or dirty. I know Im going to bring back my old LFX-II and that its still around. What about anything else from that era such as engines,pipes,retracts ( like the kraft electric retracts ) motor mounts and so on, all that stuff that hasnt been made new in 10 forevers but really makes the new vintage build look right? I am deffinitely going to use some kraft retracts/wheels and an old webra or os goldhead piped on the LFX, havent flown that thing in over 2 decades.....I guess what Im asking is besides the obvious period airframes and kits is it worth my time to dig through stuff like that as there is god-only-knows how many boxes full of parts from that era and Im sure by now some of the more obscure things from back then might be impossible to find nowadays and wanted for someones build. I also ask as I honestly dont know if everyone else still has tons of this stuff in their stash as well or if it dried up in most cases and going through it would be a benefit to the guys looking for old school parts that are correct and would otherwise sit tucked away in a box unused. I dunno, if anyone thinks of something blurt it out and Ill write it down and keep an eye out for it.

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2012, 02:52 PM
ONEHANDRC
United States, WI, Genoa City
Joined Dec 2007
626 Posts
Mendo

For me, I electrify (gasp!) these old planes. Lost my Tweety last year to a radio problem. Had a few kits made up and sold them all. Dam! If I had known-
A original Kaos 40 is next up on the table.

Gino
gallfer is offline Find More Posts by gallfer
Old May 24, 2012, 03:23 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
[QUOTE=gallfer;21702530]Mendo

For me, I electrify (gasp!) these old planes.

Blasphemy!!!

Just kidding, on that same note I have been giving the eye to a really nice sig kobra thats all framed up he has as a victim for a perfect park size electric conversion. ( Im going to have to talk fast though, he has always had a thing for kobra's and even though its been waiting to be covered for a few years now ) I should also mention the vast amounts of jet stuff everywhere you look, but that might be making too much work out of a weekend trying to inventory more than one aircraft type in a weekend, as Im talking about a bit more than your average rc nutcase can accumulate in 40-50 years, not as much as some to be sure, but the sheer amount of toys in the toybox puts the vast majority of hobby shops to shame. Its going to be a long term project to say the least, and more so when I cant seem to get down his way very often. I think sticking with one type a trip is enough, Ill get into sailplanes, warbirds, jets and so on some other time.

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old May 28, 2012, 01:37 AM
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
USA, FL, Boca Raton
Joined Feb 2001
832 Posts
Curare, that color combination looks great on the Dash...

Nice find!!
bushpilotx1 is offline Find More Posts by bushpilotx1
Old May 28, 2012, 05:48 AM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,063 Posts
As my New Zealand friends would say "Churr bro!"
Old May 29, 2012, 04:36 AM
Toowoomba, QLD, AUSTRALIA
Joined Jan 2008
610 Posts
That Dash does look sharp alright. I think you got your money's worth for $25.

I hear the ASAA are having their national champs over your way soon?
bjr_93tz is offline Find More Posts by bjr_93tz
Old May 29, 2012, 05:37 AM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,063 Posts
LOL whut, Scale? you mean those big loud things that fill a trailer and have 200000 servos in them?

Not interested!
Old May 29, 2012, 06:15 PM
Toowoomba, QLD, AUSTRALIA
Joined Jan 2008
610 Posts
Plenty are, 35 competitors turned out for the 2-day comp out at Kingaroy (where my Mum lives). Our pattern numbers in QLD are a bit sad.

I probably should take some pictures of my SlingShot and post them here. Do '91-'92 era designs fit in here?
bjr_93tz is offline Find More Posts by bjr_93tz
Old May 29, 2012, 06:45 PM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,063 Posts
Yep, close enough IMO! That's still 20 years.

Yeah you're right about IMAC having the lion's share of competitors, it's the same here.

I got browned off from IMAC in about 2002, and haven't had much interest in it since.
Old May 31, 2012, 04:58 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
I got back from my trip, and due to the staggering amount of stuff, we didnt even get a chance to get out to his hangar. So as of yet I have not seen or touched the old pattern stuff. I barely started a path to some of the stuff in his garage I wanted before my truck was filled to the brim with other kits. I plan on getting down there in another couple weeks and hauling another load out, and hopefully getting to the hangar.

Mendo
RCG Plus Member