HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2011, 08:24 AM
Joined Oct 2008
131 Posts
kk

thnks for encuragement guys.the guy that had started it left it sit a good while but i believe any missing parts will be simple to build so after the first of the year ill start with gusto.have a nice holliday bob
ratlm is offline Find More Posts by ratlm
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2011, 09:55 AM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Dec 2009
324 Posts
Here is a build of a Micro Tipo that I am working on. It has about a 16 inch wingspan and I am planning on using the micro electronics from eflie/parkzone.
bpink43 is online now Find More Posts by bpink43
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:17 PM
Joined Dec 2009
324 Posts
got some more work done on this tipo build that I have been working on. getting closer...
Old Jan 08, 2012, 11:40 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Does anyone remember an old patternship called the LFX-II ? I have fond memories of it from 30 years ago running around with a k&b 61 and a kraft radio. It got cartwheeled down the runway one day and the glass fuse was cracked around the horizontal stab badly. I seem to remember starting to repair it but it was set aside for another project at the time and Ill bet its still up in the rafters of my fathers garage. I will have to look for it next time I am down his way and bring it back to life as it was a great plane and deserves to be ressurected. If anyone else remembers these I would assume they qualify as classic pattern. ( It was the late 70s ) It even had the flashy pastell two tone coral and avacado paint job.
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:18 PM
North Aurora, IL
Joined Sep 2009
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo View Post
Does anyone remember an old patternship called the LFX-II ? I have fond memories of it from 30 years ago running around with a k&b 61 and a kraft radio. It got cartwheeled down the runway one day and the glass fuse was cracked around the horizontal stab badly. I seem to remember starting to repair it but it was set aside for another project at the time and Ill bet its still up in the rafters of my fathers garage. I will have to look for it next time I am down his way and bring it back to life as it was a great plane and deserves to be ressurected. If anyone else remembers these I would assume they qualify as classic pattern. ( It was the late 70s ) It even had the flashy pastell two tone coral and avacado paint job.
Yep, a Johhny Casburn design. The ones I saw fly in local pattern events in the late seventies flew very nicely indeed. I've seen two come up in the past two years, should've grabbed one of em!
hook
hook57 is offline Find More Posts by hook57
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:54 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
I called my Father up and he still has it stashed out at his hangar so I am going to bring it on back home with me next time I see him and I have a nice old OS gold head 60 to slap in it. Oh, and it still has the kraft electric retracts in it Gonna bring back a classic!
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:17 PM
North Aurora, IL
Joined Sep 2009
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo View Post
I called my Father up and he still has it stashed out at his hangar so I am going to bring it on back home with me next time I see him and I have a nice old OS gold head 60 to slap in it. Oh, and it still has the kraft electric retracts in it Gonna bring back a classic!
Bring it on out Mendo! I think you'll find you like it here in the classic pattern forest! Welcome back to it.
hook
hook57 is offline Find More Posts by hook57
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:41 AM
Raised on 80's Pattern
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Joined May 2006
1,259 Posts
Cool Mendo....

Pictures when you have them and thanks for sharing.

Doug
Fatherof4 is offline Find More Posts by Fatherof4
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:58 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2012
1 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140712016974
RJHart is offline Find More Posts by RJHart
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:04 PM
United States, MN, Hubbard
Joined Jan 2004
238 Posts
Really nice micro Tipo Bpink! I am doing a 20 sized Tipo, but after that I may emulate yours.
immelman50 is online now Find More Posts by immelman50
Old Feb 29, 2012, 03:14 PM
Montreal, Canada
Joined Mar 2008
1,707 Posts
What's with the ebay postings on RCG? It seems to be plenty more liberally accepted here than on RCU. Direct links to items for sale with nothing else what so ever strikes me as a little much.

What about, "hey guys, I have a XX for sale if anyone is interested". "Drop me a line or check the market place" or some such.

I find posting straight links a little gratuitous and somewhat intrusive to the thread topic.

Just my view,

David
doxilia is online now Find More Posts by doxilia
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:38 PM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
I agree with you David,

Frank
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 29, 2012, 08:21 PM
Joined Dec 2009
324 Posts
Thanks Immelman for the compliment, feel free to build one yourself, I just used Doxilia's plans and scaled them down. I have made more progress on it but still need to finish it. Work has been busy and I am going slow on the build. I actually have a build thread in this forum of classic pattern planes, just have to search for it. Or look it up under my info and my threads.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 08:51 AM
Brighto?
United States, DE, Newark
Joined Dec 2003
568 Posts
On Ebay

Bridi UFO. It looks to need a good restoration job. The seller won't ship because of the size. If he does ship it, he's going to cut it!

Someone give it a good home.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370590307387...84.m1438.l2649
Mike Denest is offline Find More Posts by Mike Denest
Old Mar 02, 2012, 10:11 AM
Montreal, Canada
Joined Mar 2008
1,707 Posts
Mmm...

That UFO is not built right. The stab is not right and I'd have my doubts about squareness. However, it might be interesting to someone as a glass fuse restoration project. The rest would probably benefit from being built anew.

David
doxilia is online now Find More Posts by doxilia