HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2012, 02:56 PM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,404 Posts
The latest from E-Mergent Heli!

Indoor Flying at Madison County High School this Saturday 2/11/2012 from 5pm - 8pm!
Jim_Marconnet is offline Find More Posts by Jim_Marconnet
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2012, 08:55 PM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,404 Posts
Photos from Madison County High School Fly-In!

17 Photos from Tommy's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4823858&type=3

Looks like a great place to fly, and pilots and spectators alike having a terrific time!

Jim
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:39 AM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,404 Posts
My Hyper Taxi - just a short time flying so far!

At Sunday's Grace Family Fun Fly, I flew my Hyper Taxi for the first time indoors, but not for long.

Thanks Rick, for getting several videos of it.

I brought in a piece of used carpet for soft landings, but I did not manage to land on it more than once. Unfortunately for me, the vinyl gym floor is Much harder than the grass out in my front yard.

I broke the nose off, and also several other breaks in the Depron near plastic reinforcements. It's all glued back together, but I've not gotten up my nerve to try flying it again.

Here are two representative videos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3286915...in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3286915...in/photostream

Jim
Last edited by Jim_Marconnet; Feb 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 04:48 AM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
From the video it looks like it is capable of slow flight. Were you just losing orientation on it?
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:40 AM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,404 Posts
Could be. It rolls so fast that I'm considering setting the aileron dual rate much slower to slow the max roll rate down.

Jim
Old Mar 05, 2012, 02:37 PM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,404 Posts
GFFF reminder, and a request for info on the new flying sites!

Reminder - the next Grace Family Fun Fly is this Sunday, March 11, from 1-4 PM.

Also, I'd personally love to hear here about the flying out East of Huntsville at the church and the school there. I've seen several photos, but I would appreciate anyone who has been flying at these two new flying opportunities to tell us all about it. How many fly? What they fly? Any rules or procedures? Just whatever might be of interest and would help pilots decide to go over there to fly.

Jim
Old May 11, 2012, 01:24 PM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,404 Posts
Next MARS Micro Modelers is Wednesday May 30

The latest from Al Clark!

Folks,

I have been remiss lately in setting up flying sessions, due to a lot of things keeping me occupied. This has also been exacerbated by the large number of events lately in the MSFC Activities Building, which makes it difficult to find a time when tables and chairs are not set up on the floor area. Our next good opportunity is WED May 30 from 4:00 to 6:30 PM, MSFC building 4316. Some of you probably have acquired one or more of the many new micro models that have burst upon the scene over the last few months, so please bring out your latest stuff and let us all see it fly. See you soon!

Al Clark
Chief S&MA Officer
Flight Programs and Partnerships Office
Bldg 4201, Room 445
256-544-6967
256-683-8955 mobile
Old May 25, 2012, 11:33 PM
Huntsville, AL.
Joined Jan 2007
156 Posts
Great!!
Hope to see you there Jim, Thanks
Airhead9 is offline Find More Posts by Airhead9
Old May 31, 2012, 11:46 AM
United States, AL, Somerville
Joined Apr 2007
905 Posts
Jim,
Is the GFFF still on this weekend?
rcl_al is offline Find More Posts by rcl_al
Old May 31, 2012, 12:41 PM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,404 Posts
Yes!

Jim
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:30 PM
Joined Jun 2012
5 Posts
I was wondering if anyone still fly? I tried to locate the "Gym" @ St. Mary of the Visitation Parish Center ... I was unable to find anything at the linked map.. Please give better instructions as to where to enter, and whom to contact.. Sadly I dont have a way on RSA, and the other is like almost 40 miles away, so finding a place in Huntsville or toward harvest is what I need.. great post, and look forward to meeting up with ya'll, thanks in advance

Dave
mclaggins is offline Find More Posts by mclaggins
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:20 PM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,404 Posts
Hey there Dave. Welcome!

As far as I know, the flying is still going on at St. Mary's Parish Center. I've not been there in a while.

I've tried to get some people from all the Huntsville Indoor flying sites to participate here now and then to keep us current. But a lot of people just fly and don't talk about it on-line, much less share photos, etc.

If you go to 220 Lincoln St. NE, Huntsville, AL 35801, as shown on the mapquest map on the info page, you will then drive into the parking lot and enter the building at the only entrance with a light on at that time of day, right under the pull-thru.

As I indicated in the post on their flying at St. Mary's, Bob Gabrys is the main POC. He's in the Huntsville phone book.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:41 AM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,404 Posts
Update from Al Clark on MARS Micro Modelers

7/27/2012

Folks,

I am sorry to report this morning I checked with the scheduler and found the MSFC Activities Building is booked solid from now all the way through September 14. This is primarily due to various offices having their annual awards day ceremonies. I will try to reserve a date for our club the latter part of September, so be watching for another update a month or so from now.

In the mean time, take advantage of the calm evening air we experience many days of the summer and get some stick time on your indoor models. Night Vapors are a lot of fun at night and usually attract attention from passersby.

Al Clark
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:24 AM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,404 Posts
Grace Family Fun Fly tomorrow Sunday 8/26/2012 1-4 PM

Pilots and spectators: Our next Grace Family Fun Fly is tomorrow!

Thru the summer we've had a not-surprising lower turnout. So no professional air traffic controllers were required. But we do have one on hand, Rick Nelson! With school starting, the grass growing slower, etc, hopefully attendance will rise. Not to say that we had any less fun with fewer pilots.

Grace UMC has a wonderful gym, and we enjoyed its spaciousness, coolness, brand new rest rooms, etc. Come fly if you have not been there in a while, or even if you have!

A photo from one of our earlier GFFFs is included in a new permanent display out in the main hall. We're famous!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:37 PM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,404 Posts
The latest from Al Clark about MARS Micro Modelers

Our next flying session will be Tuesday, September 18, from 4:00 to 6:30 PM in the MSFC Activities Building 4316. Come in out of the heat and let us all see your latest toys!

Al Clark
Chief S&MA Officer
Flight Programs and Partnerships Office
Bldg 4201, Room 445
256-544-6967
256-683-8955 mobile