HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:54 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,342 Posts
Hate2Crash,

Not sure if its still in effect but I think for orders over $100, it was "Summer Flying" This got you free shipping.

I think they order this stuff in full sea containers. When one batch gets sold, they order the next container. You can also check with Toysonics. Red Arrows T-45 in stock: http://www.toysonics.com/red-arrows-...ver-ready.html

-Hawk
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
Last edited by dahawk47; Aug 16, 2012 at 06:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:02 PM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
Dang.... I tell you what, hobbyb has been going though stock like crazy. Every time I turn around, they refill the stock and sell out in a short period of time.

They still have the Red airframe kit in stock though:
http://www.hobbyb.com/skyangel-jpowe...html?cPath=121

Seems like that's the norm for all the places that sells the 50mm. That's why I order 2 kits or one ARF and an airframe kit if I can -- just in case...
jl449 is offline Find More Posts by jl449
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:03 PM
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Sep 2004
13,498 Posts
I think as Nick's new business continues to grow you will likely see fewer and fewer "Out of Stock" items, as he will be able to increase the size of his orders from the factory?
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:13 PM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
I think as Nick's new business continues to grow you will likely see fewer and fewer "Out of Stock" items, as he will be able to increase the size of his orders from the factory?
I would think it still would be an issue due to shipping coming from China - and the availability from the factory. As well as anticipating demands. Don't want to get stuck with excess inventory. Don't know
jl449 is offline Find More Posts by jl449
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined May 2010
1,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
Hate2Crash,

Not sure if its still in effect but I think for orders over $100, it was "Summer Flying" This got you free shipping.

I think they order this stuff in full sea containers. When one batch gets sold, they order the next container. You can also check with Toysonics. Red Arrows T-45 in stock: http://www.toysonics.com/red-arrows-...ver-ready.html

-Hawk
I see the red one looks pretty cool and probabely easier to see...I just filled out form to ask what shipping cost and delivery time...that is a company i have never delt with before,but site seems very desent...thanks...i still like that stinger i'm a little torn on decision..i may just flip a coin,,,thanks...PS just got done putting 3 coats of polyurethane on my Blue Angels F9F... Dam i touched it and pulled off some paint...Any idea where to find touchup paint that matches? All the blue paint i have is to light..this is a really dark blue..thanks for your help
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Last edited by hate2crash; Aug 16, 2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined May 2010
1,458 Posts
They still have the Red airframe kit in stock though:
http://www.hobbyb.com/skyangel-jpowe...html?cPath=121

Thanks Joe that air frame will be good for a crash kit if i ever need one... i rather start with the pnp which has good reviews not planing on any mods anytime soon
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:02 PM
Augermeister
Joined Jul 2011
2,342 Posts
I don't have an air brush and on my Skyangels, I just go to the LHS or Hobby Lobby and look through the Testers display. I just dab it around and try not to make brush streaks.
The F-16 is mainly white and done in the Thunderbirds theme. The underside has some blue that flaked off almost as soon as I got her out of the box.

I too like the British Red Arrows red for the visibility. There's white stripes on the underbelly to distinguish the difference.

Cheers,

Hawk
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:12 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,321 Posts
The Screamer is completed and ready to rock, maiden will be tomorrow if the weather holds out. Florida usually gets heavy rains every late afternoon though early evening this time of year and I should be off work early enough that the sun hasn't set yet.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:39 PM
Joined May 2010
1,458 Posts
I had some blue and black spray paint used about 1/2 and half mixture and dabbed on with Q-tip...turned out pretty good match.... Hopefully if i take all the info about this F9F plane and apply it i may not have a crash (maybe just a bad landing)...But if i do i am sure i will be able to repair if needed and learn something and crash again...I will maiden it in a couple of days and report back hopefully with good news.thax for all the help..
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:21 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,263 Posts
I'm a complete beginner (started with Ember 2 three months ago!) and I think these Skyangel jets are a good second introduction to EDF jets. The first being the UMX Mig-15 which is super easy to fly and can nose hard with minimal damage.

So far, I've trashed my F16 (3 flights - only one successful) but my SA Mig has been taking abuse and surviving. I love it! Just rebuilt the nose tonight. These jets are fairly easy to fly once you've mastered speed on prop planes. Unfortunately, they had warped surfaces and required CG tuning. As a beginner, I learnt the hard way.

I just ordered an Phase 3 F16 (sale at Hobby People) and Freewing F9F + F86 (also sale at Valuehobby). I'm moving to up 64mm jets to combat the Florida winds!

Also have a built Habu and Meteor waiting for me, but I definitely DO NOT have the skill to fly those. A friend maiden them for me and the speed at which they land - terrified me.
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Aug 17, 2012, 01:48 AM
Joined May 2010
1,458 Posts
Voxel, u sound like me..i have 11 planes and only flew 3 of my trainers...and i have more i want to get and another edf vampire kit which should arrive any day now... Most all my planes are prop warbirds.. just eye candy for now untill i am a better pilot...Just went to that value hobby site... saw the freewing f9f, very nice deal...what was shipping around $15 or more? also i like the stinger there has great reviews and that 70mm cobra looks bad, i will research that one...thanks for the heads up..Happy flying!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:31 AM
Augermeister
Joined Jul 2011
2,342 Posts
Voxel,

I don't think you can go wrong with the Phase3 F-16. Highly rated, plus you got one hell of deal. Our club President has one and he raves about it as the only edf he would recommend for starting off in the EDF world. I've watched it fly and it flies great.

Value Hobby is one of my favorites. I've seen the F9F Panther and have been drooling over that one for a while.

I too had a slight mishap with the Skyangel F-16 at first. Stalled her going from the downwind to base at about 30ft agl.. Forgot to maintain proper airspeed in the turn. Bonk ! After straightening-out the nose and applying packing tape, she's flying again.

Good luck and let us know how your new additions to your squadron fly !

Hawk
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:57 AM
Joined May 2010
1,458 Posts
So Phase 3 f-16 is highly recommended as first EDF..i will check it out ..Yes Glade i found Value hobby here in USA...Nice prices..not sure about shipping cost...Hope they are at least normal and not jacked up...I checked out that jet..Is the skyangel version as easy to fly? this one is made of beer cooler foam i perfer epp or epo...
Last edited by hate2crash; Aug 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:35 AM
Augermeister
Joined Jul 2011
2,342 Posts
Hate 2- I've found Value Hobby's shipping cost to be very reasonable. Not as low as Headsuprc but approaching that level. I have the Phase 3 F-16 in my cart. from Hobby-People. All you need to add are two servos . Plane + shipping to DFW is less than $100.00
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined May 2010
1,458 Posts
tempting,so what do u think of SA version,it should fly as well since its an f-16,but not sure...right now i have like 5 EDFs i want...its a sickness man...lol