HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:02 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gp125racer View Post
I had a chance to fly the Katana this past weekend ..... what a cool little plane! Easy to hand launch, smooth in the air, easy to see, and you can fit about 15 of them in the car at a time! This thing is just screaming for an upgraded power system .......

Don
This pic exemplifies why it is that I love these little things!!!The more the better!!

gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:50 AM
Joined May 2010
1,876 Posts
NOT SURE IF NEW F9F NEEDS BALANCING... I finished assembally and held jet in hand and ran at various speeds... This being my first EDF i am not sure if it is out of balance of not...i can feel some little vibration,but not sure if thats normal or not as i have nothing to compare it to... the fan was glued in so i did not remove...If anyone has this skyangel jet please let me know whats best to do? i could post a video here if anyone thinks that might help...thanks
hate2crash is online now Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:11 AM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,852 Posts
Gooniac,

You are an addict ! I envy your collection. I have the Red arrows T-45, F-16 and AT-6 Texan.. Ready to go for the Rare Bear then the Katana when it's back in stock. If anyone has a discount coupon code from Hobbyb, please PM me.

Hawk
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:01 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,806 Posts
A fun little video featuring one of the newest Sky Angel 50mm EDFs:

The Ten Minute EDF (2 min 13 sec)
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:51 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,921 Posts
Awesome vid! Im thinkin we can drag race it against the Phazer
gp125racer is online now Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:51 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,806 Posts
Soooo, does that mean you got a Phazer inbound?
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:25 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
Gooniac,

You are an addict ! I envy your collection. I have the Red arrows T-45, F-16 and AT-6 Texan.. Ready to go for the Rare Bear then the Katana when it's back in stock. If anyone has a discount coupon code from Hobbyb, please PM me.

Hawk
The F9F and F-8 were part of that too but they are sold. And the Mig-15 and T-33 have been sold as well. Blew a fan on my F-16 this past weekend and the A-4 is in pieces at home. Thinking about putting in the AEO 55mm 4750kv motor that I have at home and running it on 3s like the AMX. Sounds like a good weekend project.....

Also the Rare Bear is gone as well!! Lock out killed that.... Screamer and Katana to come soon hopefully...
Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:42 AM
Joined May 2010
1,876 Posts
gooniac..nice fleet..In your opinion which ones are easiest for EDF newbee to fly?I have a f9f which looks really nice,but have yet to maiden..thanks
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:52 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
gooniac..nice fleet..In your opinion which ones are easiest for EDF newbee to fly?I have a f9f which looks really nice,but have yet to maiden..thanks
easiest for newbee to EDF's not RC.....just to clarify...LOL

The T-45 is a great one for first timers!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:46 AM
Augermeister
Joined Jul 2011
2,852 Posts
+1 on Goony's advice. I started with the T-45 and she's still a favorite. The F-16 is faster but not anymore fun IMO. I think these 50mm edf's are a great starter for edf. Not intimidating at all. If you're used to slower park flyers, you'll need to keep em close, maintain speed and stay ahead of the curve. The JPowers funfighter prop series Rare Bear is faster than both if you're looking for speed.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:59 PM
Joined May 2010
1,876 Posts
So maybe i should hold off on maiden with my SA F9F then and order a SA T-45...Only thing is at hobbyking its coming from china which takes three weeks or more...i have three other orders from Hk from china i am still waiting for...Any of you guys familiar with the "stinger" http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html seems like it has a very similiar airframe a t-45 and its in usa ware house so cost me only a couple of bucks more then SA t-45 and only takes about 10 days to get... Has very good reviews and uses 3s 1600-1800 packs which i have plently of already...It is slightly larger air frame with 64mm fan...Thanks for your help...
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:02 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,498 Posts
Quote:
So maybe i should hold off on maiden with my SA F9F then and order a SA T-45......
Why? the panther is a good flyer. Also check out www.hobbyb.com
They have a full line of Skyangel jets and prop planes.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:25 PM
Augermeister
Joined Jul 2011
2,852 Posts
+1 on Joe's advice. Hobbyb is by far the most committed to the JPowers lineup and always have the best selection. Just ordered a Rare Bear kit. I like them because they sell spare parts.

I have also purchased from Banana Hobby without a problem though they seem to get bashed a lot in the forums . The T-45 & F-16 (decals flaked off easily ) actually shipped and arrived in 3 days from time of order. So did the AT-6 Texan. I was impressed. These edf's are not a high risk purchase IMO. < $100 ? Check Facebook for a free shipping code.

I have a buddy who has a 64mm Stinger. He likes it alot and that was his first venture into the edf world. I think there are also multiple versions of this plane out there.

I would not get too overwhelmed by the entry-level edf's. The T-45 is tame. I consider myself somewhere between an advanced beginner to early intermediate pilot.They can be twitchy and they tend to stall more easily when you drop the speed. Apply plenty of expo.

Good luck !

Hawk

Good Luck
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:35 PM
Joined May 2010
1,876 Posts
Joe and Hawk...thanks...i consider myself a decent beginner...Went to hobbyb.com and they have all t-45's out of stock and many others out of stock...Hawk you say banana h only took 3 days to deliver? thats fast!...i contacted there support three days ago with some simple questions and they never replied....they have a stinger but no t-45's in stock..You say banana hobby has free shipping they have a j powers f-22 would'nt mind ordering one of those..it would be great with free shipping and less than a week delivery time for sure...i will see if i can find that code u talk about ...thanks..went to banana's facebook hit like button,but have'nt found any free shipping code...thanks
Last edited by hate2crash; Aug 16, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:32 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,498 Posts
Quote:
Joe and Hawk...thanks...i consider myself a decent beginner...Went to hobbyb.com and they have all t-45's out of stock and many others out of stock...Hawk you say banana h only took 3 days to deliver? thats fast!...i contacted there support three days ago with some simple questions and they never replied....they have a stinger but no t-45's in stock..You say banana hobby has free shipping they have a j powers f-22 would'nt mind ordering one of those..it would be great with free shipping and less than a week delivery time for sure...i will see if i can find that code u talk about ...thanks..went to banana's facebook hit like button,but have'nt found any free shipping code...thanks
Dang.... I tell you what, hobbyb has been going though stock like crazy. Every time I turn around, they refill the stock and sell out in a short period of time.

They still have the Red airframe kit in stock though:
http://www.hobbyb.com/skyangel-jpowe...html?cPath=121

Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Last edited by Joe 1320; Aug 16, 2012 at 06:53 PM.