HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:09 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2006
505 Posts
I think its about principle, I never give any business to BH. If everyone would stop buying from him because he's $2 cheaper maybe he would learn that if you want to stay in business you have to provide customer service.

I would rather pay more to get service.
stvinvegas is offline Find More Posts by stvinvegas
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:49 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,074 Posts
The Toysonics website gives you the option of email notifications when items come back in stock.
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Jun 06, 2012, 12:37 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantkevmiester View Post
btw does toysonics have decent CS, or is it another banana hobby?
Don't know if I've ever heard a bad CS story from Toysonics. I've ordered from them before and all went well. However, I've ordered at least 1/2 dozen planes from BH and all has been fine. Unless you've had personal experience with BH's CS, I'd say give them a try. While there has been a few bad stories, I'm sure the good stories are a lot more abundant. In the end, your $ so what ever place gives you the most peace of mind, order from there.
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Old Jun 09, 2012, 07:18 PM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Schertz, Texas, United States
Joined May 2004
1,278 Posts
Is the cg on these jets checked from the bottom of the wing or upside down on the balancer?
Thanks
fuzzyhead is online now Find More Posts by fuzzyhead
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:03 PM
Joined Jun 2007
76 Posts
depends on plane

Hi fuzzy, it depends on the design and location of the wing... for high wing toes like the crusader, e-starter... The c.g is measured from the bottom (normal attitude)

if it's low wing + di-hedral, it is measured with the plane inverted.

low winG + anhedral, normal attitude

high wing+ anhedral, normal attitude,

mid-wings are a little more complicated, I'd suggest following the pictures on the manuals.. if there isn't..

mid wing + anhedral (normal att)
mid wing+ dihedral. (normal att)

If it makes you feel more secure, either way works for all, if you placed the plane in the wrong attitude on it's c.g, you will see that the plane can tip in either direction. (like a see-saw with 2 equal loads at each end).

if the c.g is not on the pivot, it will only want to tip in one direction.
T-BONEZ is offline Find More Posts by T-BONEZ
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joined Jun 2007
76 Posts
depends on plane

Hi fuzzy, it depends on the design and location of the wing... for high wing toes like the crusader, e-starter... The c.g is measured from the bottom (normal attitude)

if it's low wing + di-hedral, it is measured with the plane inverted.

low winG + anhedral, normal attitude

high wing+ anhedral, normal attitude,

mid-wings are a little more complicated, I'd suggest following the pictures on the manuals.. if there isn't..

mid wing + anhedral (normal att)
mid wing+ dihedral. (normal att)

If it makes you feel more secure, either way works for all, if you placed the plane in the wrong attitude on it's c.g, you will see that the plane can tip in either direction. (like a see-saw with 2 equal loads at each end).

if the c.g is not on the pivot, it will only want to tip in one direction.
T-BONEZ is offline Find More Posts by T-BONEZ
Old Jun 10, 2012, 09:47 PM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Schertz, Texas, United States
Joined May 2004
1,278 Posts
Thanks T-Bonez. Thought it was checked inverted.
fuzzyhead is online now Find More Posts by fuzzyhead
Old Jun 12, 2012, 06:46 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,794 Posts
Dear Friends,

Subscribing, Bought the f-18 PNP from hobbyking just now...did alittle reading and what I gathered was having a wemotech fan paired with its motor would be the way to go....with 1300mah 4s. Second option would be just using a 40A esc with the stock motor fan setup using a 1300mah 4s....

Whats the most popular wemotech setup from DON? there is a 6000KV motor with 50mm fan...but I think that might eat up the flight time too much...the stock motor is 4300KV based on what I read here.
tengarang is online now Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:48 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,779 Posts
Stock fan+motor on 4S only pulls 25amp or so if I recall so 30A is sufficient but 40A is safer and will stay cooler. All of my in this series are on 30A and I fly with 3S and 4S.
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:33 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109 View Post
Stock fan+motor on 4S only pulls 25amp or so if I recall so 30A is sufficient but 40A is safer and will stay cooler. All of my in this series are on 30A and I fly with 3S and 4S.
Thanks Dude_109.

You just saved me from buying a new ESC....i got a 40A i need for another ship in mind.....however i got several 30amp esc's. But Ill probably hook up a external BEC to be safe....though still be running a bit hot.

I seen these things at my local field "Baylands" some of the good men there look like they are having heaps of fun with these things...
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:13 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,794 Posts
So I noticed and never been exposed to this setup only 2 servos??? so how do I configure my radio? mix the elevator with ailerons? ELEVONS? I think there is a preset program select-able but I am now thoroughly confused on how to set up the F-18
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:36 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang View Post
So I noticed and never been exposed to this setup only 2 servos??? so how do I configure my radio? mix the elevator with ailerons? ELEVONS? I think there is a preset program select-able but I am now thoroughly confused on how to set up the F-18
Use the Delta function if there is one in your tx.
www.hobbyb.com is offline Find More Posts by www.hobbyb.com
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 13, 2012, 08:25 AM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,726 Posts
At least on Futaba , it's elevons. Include some expo if you don't want it to be twitchy.
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Jun 13, 2012, 08:58 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang View Post
right servo goes to ailerons, the left servo goes to the elevator channel.... use delta mix for Spektrum, Elevon mix for Futaba.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:28 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,794 Posts
Thanks All for the feedback on the radio elevon settings...i think i have it....will look at it tonight...