SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 24, 2010, 09:11 AM
Round Lake, IL
Joined Oct 2007
415 Posts
Couple of questions, what battery are you using with that set up? estimate on top speed? How's the vertical? Also I noticed ur flying 72mhz. Are you just leaving the antennea hang out there or are you using one one those antennea reducers like from THE DON?? Thanks

Don
(not THE DON HAHA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsery2k1 View Post
I have the T-45 and F-86 , I like both but my favorite is the
t-45 it's much more stable and is faster
the t-45 blew the fan after about 20 flights and I replaced it with:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=4501

and a farango 4250 kv motor : the test flight show below

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...34&pid=V184687

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4xeULvgPZM
handyflyer is offline Find More Posts by handyflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2010, 09:37 AM
Clean up! The missus is home
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Dec 2007
601 Posts
I have just been out for the maiden flight, winds 10 to 20 mph, temp 30F. hand launched no problem ( I wonder why?). The T-33 flew great and handled the wind no problem. It a keeper totally stock! Also the CG in the manual is spot on. I can't wait to fly it on a fairly calm day.
huntingfield is offline Find More Posts by huntingfield
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:48 AM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,506 Posts
Just ran my stock T-33 up on a datalogger. The stock motor draws around 17.75 amps max, settling into around 16.5 amps as the battery drops to its operating voltage (~10.6 volts). That translates to 170ish watts. I also ran the T-33 up on a freshly charged Turnigy 1300 20c pack and got similar numbers. That's good to know information as I start looking for additional batteries.

Edit - BH states the battery is a 850 20c so it should be capable of 17 amps sustained. The takeaway is that the stock battery is pretty much at the bitter end of its capacity in this application.

huntingfield - now I'm REALLY jonesing to maiden her!

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Last edited by jamesdr; Dec 24, 2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:50 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,742 Posts
I LOVE how my T-33 tracks, especially on a calmer day. It flies like a much larger plane IMO.
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best in the West 2014
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:47 AM
Foam Is Where The Heart Is.
Austin, Tx
Joined Feb 2009
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
I LOVE how my T-33 tracks, especially on a calmer day. It flies like a much larger plane IMO.

With that being said, my F-18 does not track as well as I would like. It crabs a lil on landing. It tracks pretty well while zooming around but not so well when coming in. Anyone else having similar issues? I am going to try tweaking one of the vertical stabs to correct this. I had similar issues with my 90mm F-4. I corrected it with a simple trim tab (piece of red bull can). Any feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Dustin
homiefoamie is offline Find More Posts by homiefoamie
Old Dec 24, 2010, 02:21 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,917 Posts
Glad to see you got the T-33 Jim, you'll love it!! Jons has the upgraded power system and it rips. Like he mentioned, I'm also impressed how these little things can be flown like a much larger counterpart. Let us know how the maiden goes.......

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdr View Post
Just ran my stock T-33 up on a datalogger. The stock motor draws around 17.75 amps max, settling into around 16.5 amps as the battery drops to its operating voltage (~10.6 volts). That translates to 170ish watts. I also ran the T-33 up on a freshly charged Turnigy 1300 20c pack and got similar numbers. That's good to know information as I start looking for additional batteries.

Edit - BH states the battery is a 850 20c so it should be capable of 17 amps sustained. The takeaway is that the stock battery is pretty much at the bitter end of its capacity in this application.

huntingfield - now I'm REALLY jonesing to maiden her!

Jim
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
Old Dec 24, 2010, 05:57 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingfield View Post
I have read all of the previous posts but for clarification. Do you use the 4s battery with all of the stock components? Also is the cg in the manual correct for the T33 ?
I have run planes with all stock components but on 4s. But the rotor on the fans are not capable of handling the extra RPMs. If you get the stiffer 6 blade rotor you could run the plane on stock motor and ESC with 4s. Pavcon has been running his AMX this way with no issues. But the plane is super light and flies great stock.

Today I flew mine in the wind and it was still wonderful! Magnetic tip tanks are still coming but this was minus tip tanks. It was wagging its tail with the hard crosswinds but was still solid as a rock! This plane loves 420 watts and just barely heavier than stock! 5 min flight time as well....Lots of fun!!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Dec 24, 2010, 06:05 PM
Dyess AFB
Joined Apr 2009
697 Posts
I can't imagine the speeds with 420 watts on tap. My L-39 is a rocket and she's only got 275 watts on tap. I ordered on of those Sky lipo 1000mah 4S packs the other day, I realized I have 4 of these little planes now and the two 4S packs I have now aren't going to cut it with all the flying I plan on doing, LOL. $12 shipped isn't too bad either.
Matt Howard is offline Find More Posts by Matt Howard
Old Dec 24, 2010, 07:09 PM
Effumall
Joined Nov 2005
3,619 Posts
Here's a shot of the 50mm AMX with the 64 mm J Power F5 and F-18 for size reference, in case anyone was wondering.

I gotta say I love J Power!
kelberts is offline Find More Posts by kelberts
Old Dec 24, 2010, 07:55 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by homiefoamie View Post
With that being said, my F-18 does not track as well as I would like. It crabs a lil on landing. It tracks pretty well while zooming around but not so well when coming in. Anyone else having similar issues? I am going to try tweaking one of the vertical stabs to correct this. I had similar issues with my 90mm F-4. I corrected it with a simple trim tab (piece of red bull can). Any feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Dustin
My F-18 has had issues with that as well. In fact, I can't even do an accurate split S without the plane crabbing off line. It stinks in that I can't tune it out. I checked the thrust line, I cut the rudders and manipulated them, I can't figure out exactly where the issue lies. It even tracks a hair right as soon as it leaves my hand on a hand launch. It performs decent at speed but this issue is annoying.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:21 PM
Round Lake, IL
Joined Oct 2007
415 Posts
Is the stiffer fan you are talking about the 50mm fan available from toysonics??

http://www.toysonics.com/1.97inch-50...-fan-unit.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
I have run planes with all stock components but on 4s. But the rotor on the fans are not capable of handling the extra RPMs. If you get the stiffer 6 blade rotor you could run the plane on stock motor and ESC with 4s. Pavcon has been running his AMX this way with no issues. But the plane is super light and flies great stock.

Today I flew mine in the wind and it was still wonderful! Magnetic tip tanks are still coming but this was minus tip tanks. It was wagging its tail with the hard crosswinds but was still solid as a rock! This plane loves 420 watts and just barely heavier than stock! 5 min flight time as well....Lots of fun!!
handyflyer is offline Find More Posts by handyflyer
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:32 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyflyer View Post
Is the stiffer fan you are talking about the 50mm fan available from toysonics??

Yes sir that is it!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Last edited by gooniac33; Dec 25, 2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:19 AM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2003
779 Posts
Lipos

OK, I am really close to buying one of these little gems. But, I checked around the net and do not see alot of lipo offerings in the 1100 mah/30-45C range. So, just where are you guys getting your extra lipo packs from?
skylane42 is offline Find More Posts by skylane42
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:25 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyflyer View Post

I have those in stock as well and at a lower price :-)

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:05 PM
Dyess AFB
Joined Apr 2009
697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylane42 View Post
OK, I am really close to buying one of these little gems. But, I checked around the net and do not see alot of lipo offerings in the 1100 mah/30-45C range. So, just where are you guys getting your extra lipo packs from?
HK has the Turnigy 1000mah 3S and 4S 30C packs, I'm flying with both. Hobbypartz also has the Sky lipo 1000mah packs in both 3S and 4S 30C configurations. Both have gotten good reviews, I believe Hobbypartz has a deal with free shipping right now so they'll probably be the way to go.
Matt Howard is offline Find More Posts by Matt Howard