SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 20, 2011, 03:42 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,679 Posts
I like the JAS-39. I'm currently working on a reduced size of Steve Shumate's plane for my website. It'll be built the same, just at about 66% of the normal size and will use the same electronics as in all my other mini pushers.

Jon, I may want to enlist your "services" next year at Vegas.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:28 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
Sales flyers for the Deltas ... hopefully the media samples will be here very soon!
I can not wait for the Mirage!!! I have a 55mm AEO or Himax fan ready to go in there! The AEO 55mm fan on 3s is putting out over 19oz of thrust. Gonna be a rocket! And thanx for keeping us up to date Jon!!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Oct 20, 2011, 07:17 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
I like the JAS-39. I'm currently working on a reduced size of Steve Shumate's plane for my website. It'll be built the same, just at about 66% of the normal size and will use the same electronics as in all my other mini pushers.

Jon, I may want to enlist your "services" next year at Vegas.

Pat
Pat, we are close enough together geographically speaking that you do not necessarily have to wait until then.

Ray, I also want to do something a little "special" power system wise
for that Mirage.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2011, 07:19 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,679 Posts
LOL, that is true. I'm going to try and hit a bunch of CA events next year. I'm sure we'll see each other at one or more.

I've got a bunch of these 50mm beauties. I'd like to add that JAS-39 to my collection as soon as it comes out. Oddly enough, I never was a big Mirage fan though. But a Kfir would be nice! (after seeing Brent's JHH beauty at Big Jolt, I'm a fan!)

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Oct 21, 2011, 03:39 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
selling some of my 4s 1000mAh batteries: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1526022
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:01 AM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
United States, NH, Londonderry
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
For the people moving up to a 6 blade in order to run 4s on the stock motor two questions.

- Do you have a link to that 6 blade part?
- What ESC are you guy's running once you change to the 6 blade and 4s?

Thanks,
-mike-
boiko is offline Find More Posts by boiko
Old Oct 29, 2011, 07:43 AM
Germany, BW, Brackenheim
Joined Sep 2011
15 Posts
I have just had my first two "maiden flights" with the mini L39. I must say this is my first EDF!

First i will start by telling you i had 3 'flights' yesterday my most successful being about 20 seconds of massive wing rock 'fun' before the inevitable nose in and a couple of hours of glue and repair.

Well today i was going out to fly my UMX Sbach and i thought i would take along the L39, might as well try again. This time i gave her a really hard push and as soon as she was in the air gave her full power and kept the nose down. It turns out she flies really stable and nice, as soon as EDF speed is reached. I'm glad i tried again with this one and will be putting another couple of batteries through her later.

Just as a foot note, I'm flying her complete stock at the moment as revived from HK but with a 1000mah 20-30c battery.

Anyway would love to hear from other fliers of this bird.
jjooeehunt is offline Find More Posts by jjooeehunt
Old Oct 29, 2011, 07:49 AM
United Kingdom, England, Dorset
Joined Mar 2011
46 Posts
can anyone one recommend a replacement motor that isnt a pita to fit. ive burnt my stock one out. thankyou
collective itch is offline Find More Posts by collective itch
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:18 PM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
Does anyone know if the Thunder Power discount on lipo's for 50mm's is still in effect from the start of this thread? I've got three wicked setups coming from Don for my F-22,F-86,and a Mig-15 and I need new lipo's and they seem to have the best demisions for these planes. Thank's.
soopertrucker is offline Find More Posts by soopertrucker
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:33 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,789 Posts
I talked with Shannon over at Thunder Power about that a few weeks back. My best advice ... call the number listed and ask for it. The more folks that do that, the better chance they will still honor it. The chap that originally set that deal up is no longer there. His replacement hopefully will see that these 50mm EDFs are still growing in popularity (1,450,000 hits+ on this review) and that they stand to benefit by honoring the discount.

Please let us know here how it works out if you DO ring them.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2011, 01:47 PM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
Quote:
I talked with Shannon over at Thunder Power about that a few weeks back. My best advice ... call the number listed and ask for it. The more folks that do that, the better chance they will still honor it. The chap that originally set that deal up is no longer there. His replacement hopefully will see that these 50mm EDFs are still growing in popularity (1,450,000 hits+ on this review) and that they stand to benefit by honoring the discount.

Please let us know here how it works out if you DO ring them.
Will do. I plan on buying there lipo's anyway, I just did'nt want to sound stupid asking about a discount offered a year ago.
soopertrucker is offline Find More Posts by soopertrucker
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:09 AM
Joined Jun 2007
79 Posts
hi guys,

I'm just curious, has anyone gotten successful flights with the 50mm edf crusader?

When i first got it from hobbyking, i checked skyangels home page and they did have it in their products list. Now that i checked back, it's no longer listed as one of theirs. did they disowned it because it was a flop?

I couldn;t get mine to fly, shifted the c.g to 1/3 m.a.c, 3mm aileron reflex and it still won't fly, gave up and used it;s electronics for a t-45 mini instead
T-BONEZ is offline Find More Posts by T-BONEZ
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:06 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,789 Posts
50mm deltas inbound...perhaps a week out? I would think distributors would have them also very soon now! We'll have hi-res photos and hi-def video of them over at HDFlyer.com ASAP.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:43 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,178 Posts
Quote:
50mm deltas inbound...perhaps a week out? I would think distributors would have them also very soon now! We'll have hi-res photos and hi-def video of them over at HDFlyer.com ASAP.
SWEET!! I want that new Mirage! After flying my AMX with the new AEO fan I think that it would be awesome in that plane as well! But need to see it first...the battery bay especially!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:48 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,789 Posts
HDFlyer Update:

We just added an article, complete with an instructional video, to help us all improve our hand launching techniques.

How To Successfully Hand Launch Your RC Models
RCG Plus Member