SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 14, 2011, 02:49 PM
Planes, need more planes
United States, MO, Chesterfield
Joined Feb 2006
876 Posts
Odered the blue angels Afer last night. What a pretty plane! I have the traditional navy Afer and it flys like it is on rails.
flyguide7 is offline Find More Posts by flyguide7
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2011, 03:05 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguide7 View Post
Odered the blue angels Afer last night. What a pretty plane! I have the traditional navy Afer and it flys like it is on rails.
My A-4 is by far one of my faves! I am very tempted to get this one as well!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:33 PM
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jul 2009
620 Posts
I just came across this Blue Angels scheme @ Toysonics last night & ordered it right away. Love the A4 BA scheme & wasn't even aware Skyangels had this scheme. Will be a nice addition to my 50mm fleet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
I kinda like the looks of this one! I remember seeing the Blue Angels use the A-4 back in the days.... I already have 2 Blue Angel's so maybe I should add another....LOL
http://www.toysonics.com/product.php...cat=270&page=1
http://www.toysonics.com/product.php...cat=270&page=1

netsurfr is offline Find More Posts by netsurfr
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:10 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by netsurfr View Post
I just came across this Blue Angels scheme @ Toysonics last night & ordered it right away. Love the A4 BA scheme & wasn't even aware Skyangels had this scheme. Will be a nice addition to my 50mm fleet!
It looks awesome!! I think that I have to get one as well...LOL I have the Blue Angel T-33 and F/A-18 so this would be the 3rd one... And my current A-4 is one of the best flying 50mm planes I have! I always put on a really good show with the F/A-18 so this one would be the same! So so so tempting....
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:21 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2011
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by netsurfr View Post
I don't have this A-4 now but looking at the photo
I see if I removed those missiles and have some wing skids
at landing gear locations, I can take off and land this jet on
any empty dead end street. And the high position of the intake
is great so I need not to worry about those flying objects on the street.
tweeter1 is offline Find More Posts by tweeter1
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:33 PM
Joined Jul 2009
620 Posts
Save yourself the stress of waiting & just order it cause u know you will anyhow! I did and it felt GOOD!

Quote:
It looks awesome!! I think that I have to get one as well...LOL I have the Blue Angel T-33 and F/A-18 so this would be the 3rd one... And my current A-4 is one of the best flying 50mm planes I have! I always put on a really good show with the F/A-18 so this one would be the same! So so so tempting....
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:42 PM
Planes, need more planes
United States, MO, Chesterfield
Joined Feb 2006
876 Posts
There's is a Blue Angels A fer at the entrance of Pensacola regional in superb condition I've always thought it was a gorgeous airplane.
flyguide7 is offline Find More Posts by flyguide7
Old Jul 15, 2011, 01:33 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter1 View Post
I don't have this A-4 now but looking at the photo
I see if I removed those missiles and have some wing skids
at landing gear locations, I can take off and land this jet on
any empty dead end street. And the high position of the intake
is great so I need not to worry about those flying objects on the street.
Not sure why they put those ridiculous missiles on a plane that ever had them....

This is one of the best flying 50mm jets in the series! And I think that it would do even better on Landing gear! It would be really cool to put some small retracts on a plane like this!

Also when I land this plane in the grass it never gets grass in the intake ever... And it has flaperons mixed in as well which make it slow down even more. Superb flier!
Old Jul 15, 2011, 06:21 AM
Australia, VIC, Shepparton
Joined Jun 2011
316 Posts
Hello

I would just love one of those but hate to see the price of shipping to AUS
jeffhines2673 is offline Find More Posts by jeffhines2673
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:10 AM
Clueless but learning
United States, IL, Aurora
Joined Jul 2007
133 Posts
Quote:
Not sure why they put those ridiculous missiles on a plane that ever had them....

This is one of the best flying 50mm jets in the series! And I think that it would do even better on Landing gear! It would be really cool to put some small retracts on a plane like this!

Also when I land this plane in the grass it never gets grass in the intake ever... And it has flaperons mixed in as well which make it slow down even more. Superb flier!
You ever compared how it flies against the T-45? I'm looking for a first EDF and need something very well mannered.
HeavyDuty is offline Find More Posts by HeavyDuty
Old Jul 15, 2011, 08:08 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
You ever compared how it flies against the T-45? I'm looking for a first EDF and need something very well mannered.
I have both actually. The T-45 is a easier to fly and more stable. A better choice as a first EDF. The A-4 would be a good second edf though. It just rolls much faster and requires a bit more skill on the sticks...
Old Jul 15, 2011, 08:33 PM
Joined Jul 2009
620 Posts
Gooniac while in the subject of this... how does the A4 compare to the FA18 & F86 (assuming you have those)? I don't have the T45 but have the FA18 & F86 so curious. Thanks!

Quote:
I have both actually. The T-45 is a easier to fly and more stable. A better choice as a first EDF. The A-4 would be a good second edf though. It just rolls much faster and requires a bit more skill on the sticks...
Old Jul 15, 2011, 08:43 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,855 Posts
ooo....i like that scheme...nice!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jul 15, 2011, 08:51 PM
Clueless but learning
United States, IL, Aurora
Joined Jul 2007
133 Posts
Quote:
Good info - thanks! I was leaning T-45, but I have a thing for Scooters especially with avionics humps... I'll repress the urge.
HeavyDuty is offline Find More Posts by HeavyDuty
Old Jul 22, 2011, 02:46 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2007
493 Posts
KMP versions

I recently received 2 versions of these jets from Kondor Model Products.

I've just finished the T-45; for now I am using the stock motor and fan, with a 25A Turnigy Plush esc and 1350 Rhino 25c batteries. Going to maiden it this weekend.

I cut the foam supports out that went across the battery bay, and then added some carbon reinforcement. This is the first time I've hacked a foam kit, but it gives me room to move the battery to play with the COG. Plus, at some point, I may go with a bigger pack.

I added some white "flashes" to the underside, to hopefully make it easier to see.

Not started the F-86 build yet, but I've got a himax fan/motor combo on order for that one, and I may try a thrust tube.

Also got a Red Arrows T-45 and a Don's Wicked Wemo/5400kv combo on order, mounted and balanced. Will post more pics when they arrive!
sihinch is online now Find More Posts by sihinch