HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:10 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
4 minutes should be fine
Yep that is perfect. Just don't go much beyond that or you will lose your reserve....
gooniac33 is online now Find More Posts by gooniac33
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:18 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
Yep that is perfect. Just don't go much beyond that or you will lose your reserve....
Roger that! Thanks guys!
impostor is offline Find More Posts by impostor
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:49 PM
FLY IY, BREAK IT, FIX IT,
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2005
839 Posts
Thanks to Joe/Gooniac for posting amps in answer to post 460 - much appreciated.
Impailer is offline Find More Posts by Impailer
Old Mar 17, 2011, 03:57 PM
Canada, QC, Brossard
Joined Jun 2006
367 Posts
finnaly did my maiden flight this morning . As nobody reply to my question about the CG, i cut the little foam wall between the receiver tray and battery tray and push the battery 1 inch more in the back. It make the balance point perfect. So i went to the flying feild and plug the battery and one of the servo (that i had check at home) didnt work no more . i came back home and change the servo with another one that i add remove from another plane. after broke a horizontal stab, unglued the edf, broke the 2 plastic retainers for the fan acces unit, i finally change the sevo and repair the broken part with hot glue ( no time to mess with epoxy). return to the feild and hand launch this little jet : IT FLY LIKE A CHARM . But this thing is fast and quick . i pull back the throttle stick to give around 30% of throttle, the plane was flying but want to stall when turning, so i give a bit more throttle (40-50%) PERFECT. For a beginer like me, 50% throttle is more than enough. i fly for about 6-7 mins and after trying to make a faster pass, i notice that the battery had no more power. So i cut the thtottle and land this little plane right on the spot. it glide pretty well, much more that i expect.
So, except for the bad CG and the servo that broke before the flight, what a nice EDF jet. Much more easy to fly than i tought.
bentech is offline Find More Posts by bentech
Old Mar 17, 2011, 04:02 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impailer View Post
Thanks to Joe/Gooniac for posting amps in answer to post 460 - much appreciated.
No problem! glad to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentech View Post
finnaly did my maiden flight this morning . As nobody reply to my question about the CG, i cut the little foam wall between the receiver tray and battery tray and push the battery 1 inch more in the back. It make the balance point perfect. So i went to the flying feild and plug the battery and one of the servo (that i had check at home) didnt work no more . i came back home and change the servo with another one that i add remove from another plane. after broke a horizontal stab, unglued the edf, broke the 2 plastic retainers for the fan acces unit, i finally change the sevo and repair the broken part with hot glue ( no time to mess with epoxy). return to the feild and hand launch this little jet : IT FLY LIKE A CHARM . But this thing is fast and quick . i pull back the throttle stick to give around 30% of throttle, the plane was flying but want to stall when turning, so i give a bit more throttle (40-50%) PERFECT. For a beginer like me, 50% throttle is more than enough. i fly for about 6-7 mins and after trying to make a faster pass, i notice that the battery had no more power. So i cut the thtottle and land this little plane right on the spot. it glide pretty well, much more that i expect.
So, except for the bad CG and the servo that broke before the flight, what a nice EDF jet. Much more easy to fly than i tought.
Congrats on the maiden flight! It won't be long before you get the urge to go wide open for the whole flight.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Mar 18, 2011, 05:00 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,779 Posts
While eagerly awaiting some more releases and contemplating my next orders, I'll just recap whats available so far: F-86, MiG-15, AMX, L-39, F-18, F-16, F-35, T-45, T-33, F9F, A-10, Su-34, F-22, A-4

...what's imminent: A-6, A-7

...and what's announced: JAS39, Mirage2000, Magistar, U2

20 planes in 2 years is an amazing feat. THANK YOU Jalin, you've certainly transformed this hobby for me!!!
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Old Mar 21, 2011, 05:46 PM
FLY IY, BREAK IT, FIX IT,
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2005
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
It is in the 22-25amp range. And sometimes less. A 30amp ESC will work fine.
Lordy! I got 27A/409W on 4S!

[edit: this was with a 6 blade fan put on stock motor/shroud]. Will test the stock 5 blade fan tonight.....
Impailer is offline Find More Posts by Impailer
Last edited by Impailer; Mar 22, 2011 at 02:27 AM. Reason: should have explained a bit more!
Old Mar 21, 2011, 06:47 PM
*crunch*
United States, CA, Saratoga
Joined Aug 2010
183 Posts
i'm going to pick one up soon. i'm trying to decide between the f16 and the f18. which one performs best in you guys' opinion?
forevercat is offline Find More Posts by forevercat
Old Mar 21, 2011, 06:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2011
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33
It is in the 22-25amp range. And sometimes less.
A 30amp ESC will work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impailer View Post
Lordy! I got 27A/409W on 4S!
Impailer,
yes, your number makes more sense
27A*15V=405watts
tweeter1 is offline Find More Posts by tweeter1
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 21, 2011, 07:04 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by forevercat View Post
i'm going to pick one up soon. i'm trying to decide between the f16 and the f18. which one performs best in you guys' opinion?
f-16 is faster, f-18 is a little more tame on the controls.
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old Mar 21, 2011, 07:48 PM
*crunch*
United States, CA, Saratoga
Joined Aug 2010
183 Posts
which one is easier to see in the sky?
forevercat is offline Find More Posts by forevercat
Old Mar 21, 2011, 08:30 PM
United Kingdom, England, Dorset
Joined Mar 2011
46 Posts
im loving flying my t45 at moment, on 1000 and 1300 3s. wicked lil edf!!! im getting about 3 and a half minutes, but i am wide open most of the flight low fast passes are a blast with this. the only problem i have found, is deciding which one to get next
collective itch is offline Find More Posts by collective itch
Old Mar 21, 2011, 08:32 PM
United States, MA, Framingham
Joined Sep 2010
63 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the airframe version of these 50mm EDFs from Banana Hobby come with push rods for the aileron and elevators?

I'm interested in the F-16, F-18 and the F-86.
mathursharad is offline Find More Posts by mathursharad
Old Mar 21, 2011, 08:41 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathursharad View Post
Can anyone tell me if the airframe version of these 50mm EDFs from Banana Hobby come with push rods for the aileron and elevators?

I'm interested in the F-16, F-18 and the F-86.
Yes they are all supposed to. The come with everything but the battery and ESC. Fan and motor included.
gooniac33 is online now Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Mar 21, 2011, 08:57 PM
Joined Jan 2009
640 Posts
Little update today. I flew my T-45 with the 4s 1300mah lipo and it flew great. I was worried that the added weight was going to make it fly like a brick. Well that's not the case. The airframe is so robust and I was using the stock setup too. It definitely handles the added weight better then the F-35
ciscovet is offline Find More Posts by ciscovet
Last edited by ciscovet; Mar 21, 2011 at 09:13 PM.