HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 10, 2013, 02:06 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
Anyone know how to explain how to post pictures here...I can't seem to be able to figure it out..thax
You need to host the pictures by using the advanced options. Click on manage attachments, choose file and browse your hard drive for the photo, then upload.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2013, 03:52 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,859 Posts
Quote:
Anyone know how to explain how to post pictures here...I can't seem to be able to figure it out..thax
go o advanced.

hit browse upload and send message, youre done
tengarang is offline Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:01 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,770 Posts
Pool Noodle Delta Dil
Maidened great on 1550ma 4s yesterday although not as fast as I hoped.
Then today it flew nice in the wind on a 1800ma 4s .
I have video I'll get up soon.

A neat thing happened at the field today. A "Nam" aged Vet came up and started looking at the A 4. He said," I worked on these things when I was in the Navy , I'ld love to see it fly"
Cool I said ," What squadron and ship."
This squadron on C V 19 , he answered .
So we put on an Air Show for an old Navy Vet and pulled off a flawless flight . What else could I do?
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Last edited by alpea 41; Mar 10, 2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:01 PM
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,770 Posts
Do not let your Wives see this video.
20130310_0035 (2 min 0 sec)
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:05 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,691 Posts
Flew the UM Stryker (2s), UMX Mig15(on 3s - yowsers), and Screamer (4s - 5 blade) each almost a dozen times today. The Screamer is a pig even though it's the "fatest" - it's a heavy chunk of foam with a metal housing unit!!!(I no longer think this is a good idea). The Stryker was floaty like a stock Phase3 EF16.

I'm pondering ways to lighten these air cows. Fiberglass? That blue and white jet looks way more nimble than the Screamer.
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:22 PM
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,770 Posts
Well thank you for that voxel. But it is also a heavy weight contender for "nimble" desperate females most favorite toy. It tips the Plano digital fish scale at an AUW of 16 ounces with a 1800ma 4s 25c Gens Ace.
So I was very surprised today when landing into an 8-10mph head wind when it slowed to a crawl and very gently touched down with hardly any ground speed. My filmer spotter was also surprised so much so that his comment was," Don't stall it " lol

It is powered by the Micro Wemo, HET inrunner for 4 cells that Efflux Gary has on sale. It is also a fortunate outcome that I could power it with a huge battery . The 1800ma 4s 25c Gens Ace was cool after flying 2 or 3 min. But the 1550 ma 4s 25c Gens Ace was warm after the same flight time. Anything less than 1550ma and you had better go to a 40c or a 65c T P
Last edited by alpea 41; Mar 11, 2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:30 PM
Why am I addicted!!!
United States, IL, Columbia
Joined Jan 2008
561 Posts
Seeing If Anyone Is In Need...

Anyone interested in an F86 with servos. No esc... I am selling it for a bud. He wants $50 Plus shipping

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1848923
DonQ8401 is online now Find More Posts by DonQ8401
Last edited by DonQ8401; Mar 11, 2013 at 12:58 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:24 AM
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
Sounds good! But you need to limit the amount of throw on the wings surfaces if you ever want to throw it on your own. I saw it do what mine used to do before it became uncontrollable... The tail does all of the work. I am loving how that fan sounds though!! Thanks for posting!

EMS can be awesome and awful all at the same time! It usually shows in 2-4 days when I do it that way. But I have been waiting for things to show up in warehouses stateside before I go for it. The Katana was purchased from Hobby B and it took about 3 weeks to get! Not gonna do that again...EMS or stateside only...

Gonna maiden the 55mm equipped Screamer tomorrow! Can't wait to see how that goes! Will post results when I get them!
Hey what size packs did you run on your katana? Getting ready to order some batteries for this thing I think I read somewhere people were running 1800mah 3s packs but could be mistaken.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Last edited by 3d astronaut; Mar 11, 2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 04:45 AM
Joined May 2010
1,876 Posts
Thax for the picture posting info guys...
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Mar 11, 2013, 04:49 AM
Joined May 2010
1,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpea 41 View Post
Do not let your Wives see this video.
http://youtu.be/Xog_gPP8888
Cool fast little plane,but that sucker must be hard to see with that paint scheme
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Mar 11, 2013, 04:57 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
9,126 Posts
Quote:
Thax for the picture posting info guys...
If you really want to show pics and get IMPACT !! Then embedding into the post itself is the way. Attachments are OK - but usually they come out smaller when viewed and any deatil you want to pass to viewer is hard to see.

So the way then is to use a picture host site such as Photobucket, Free online, to upload photos to. Once there when you view your gallery of photos .. any photo you want to include in a post here ... move cursor over top right corner of photo .. then you see a star wheel and a drop-down comes ... click on LINKS ... a box will then show with various hyperlinks. Move cursor over the IMG link .. click and it will change to COPIED.

Now paste that link into your post on here or any other forum post you are making ... voila ... instant picture embedded into post.

No need for forums button etc. The Photobucket site also provides an archive for you to access photos online ... save ... give links in emails instead of attaching large files etc.

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:48 AM
Joined Sep 2012
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
Does this have a 3mm threaded shaft?
Yes it does. It looks exactly like a stock skyangel motor. everything is the same except for the bullet connectors. They are significantly bigger but the motor wires are the same size as a stock motor. It threw me off until I ran it up and blew up a stock skyangel esc. Right now im getting 430 watts at 38 amps using the stock edf unit and 5 blade rotor at only 85% throttle which the rpm is a bit less then if you were to use a 4s lipo. I just wanted to be safe so I could get my maiden in with my f18 and that was my last 5 blade rotor until I get more in.
Mike20 is offline Find More Posts by Mike20
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:27 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
Hey what size packs did you run on your katana? Getting ready to order some batteries for this thing I think I read somewhere people were running 1800mah 3s packs but could be mistaken.
If you are going to run the Wicked 6000kv set up then yes use that size pack. I used a lighter 4s set up so my packs are all 4s 40c 1000mah.

Also I got the Screamer in the air this weekend and it went really well! It is really quick but there is still some room for improvement. The fan is 55mm and the exhaust is at 50mm. So I need to decrease that size to get some more speed. But it is already faster than my F-16 which is the fastest of the 50mm jets to date. So I am already going in the right direction! I am using the Gens Ace 3s 25c 1550mah packs and still getting almost 4 mins flight time. Not to mention the cool sound that the 8 blade fan makes too. Someone did get video of the maiden so when I get that I will post it. But the flights after that were much better. Lots of expo and not much throw needed as well. By far one of the most precise of the bunch. It looks and flies a lot like a space ship!

We also did a 6 plane Bule Angel formation flight as well... all around great weekend for flying these little things!! I flew the screamer, katana, A-4, F-16, T-45 and F-18.... only the L-39 was left idle this weekend...
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Last edited by gooniac33; Mar 11, 2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:10 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,859 Posts
Quote:
If you are going to run the Wicked 6000kv set up then yes use that size pack. I used a lighter 4s set up so my packs are all 4s 40c 1000mah.

Also I got the Screamer in the air this weekend and it went really well! It is really quick but there is still some room for improvement. The fan is 55mm and the exhaust is at 50mm. So I need to decrease that size to get some more speed. But it is already faster than my F-16 which is the fastest of the 50mm jets to date. So I am already going in the right direction! I am using the Gens Ace 3s 25c 1550mah packs and still getting almost 4 mins flight time. Not to mention the cool sound that the 8 blade fan makes too. Someone did get video of the maiden so when I get that I will post it. But the flights after that were much better. Lots of expo and not much throw needed as well. By far one of the most precise of the bunch. It looks and flies a lot like a space ship!

We also did a 6 plane Bule Angel formation flight as well... all around great weekend for flying these little things!! I flew the screamer, katana, A-4, F-16, T-45 and F-18.... only the L-39 was left idle this weekend...

That make me regret missing out on the maiden flight Sunday after reading your post. Though Im not surprised it possesses space ship like qualities being a space sci fi junkie that I am, not to mention it being the fastest airframe out of the lot with minimal optimization and more room to improve as you said.

I do have a question. Despite some of the helpful men Anlucas and mopetista...and others in choosing motor combo with my 10-blade....I still went with the 5000KV. Did a vertical thrust test with no thrust tube, I toped out at 370 watts at 38 amps ... and leveled out to 340 watts at 34 amps in the screamer. It did not hover vertically...but it could with me babysitting it....so apparently the thrust is not is formidable as your 55mm setup, but Im hoping the much higher KV will buy me the speed that I want....well see. Also im using the 1800mah pack since im running 5000KV to buy some more flight time...drawing 34A-38A...

I suppose if I went with a smaller pack It might hover due to weight difference.

My question is....you mentioned minimal throw with alot of expo. Im not surprised since the control surfaces extend the length of the wing. Manual mentions 15mm up down for both ailerons and elevator. Used my calipers and set accordingly......honestly 15mm seems like ALOT of deflection...what do you think?
tengarang is offline Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:15 PM
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Quote:

What about stock setup? I wont be ordering the wemo/wicked for a few days and I really want to fly this thing stock before I do any mods. The fan however, doesnt even fit the shroud.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut