Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpea 41 View Post
This is my 1st.lol Marridge Counsolers used to say," You never forget your 1st"
har har...True that

I for a time, thought about attempting a try on the 35mm skyangel lines....the high KV though puts a limitation to 2s in most cases since its possible to go to 8000KV and up....weight is at an all time low on this setup....could be interesting. Real-estate i imagine can be an issue even-more-so

AEO fans come to my mind for these little buggers
tengarang is offline Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:08 PM
Joined Sep 2012
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang View Post
har har...True that

I for a time, thought about attempting a try on the 35mm skyangel lines....the high KV though puts a limitation to 2s in most cases since its possible to go to 8000KV and up....weight is at an all time low on this setup....could be interesting. Real-estate i imagine can be an issue even-more-so

AEO fans come to my mind for these little buggers
I had the great planes micro f86. It has a 30mm edf. That bugger was super fast and disappeared real quick.
Mike20 is offline Find More Posts by Mike20
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:13 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,206 Posts
This used one I got had , cheater holes ,and foam carved out in the fan area like the owner was gonna over size the fan unit. The Max battery seems to be a 450ma 3s so I don't know how you could 40 or 50 mm oversize it.
I have seen the Horizon Ultra micro Mig flown and the Great planes Saber by really good pilots and it's neet how they keep them on a tight circuit whizzing by at speed. As far as increasing performance goes they just can't carry the battery pack . Mine wieghs 4 ounces on a 3s. and I expect it to be high wing loading
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:19 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20 View Post
I had the great planes micro f86. It has a 30mm edf. That bugger was super fast and disappeared real quick.
Very interesting...now im standing on the boarder again! ....that hole in my pocket is about to burn AGAIN
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:20 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,599 Posts
Quote:
This used one I got had , cheater holes ,and foam carved out in the fan area like the owner was gonna over size the fan unit. The Max battery seems to be a 450ma 3s so I don't know how you could 40 or 50 mm oversize it.
I have seen the Horizon Ultra micro Mig flown and the Great planes Saber by really good pilots and it's neet how they keep them on a tight circuit whizzing by at speed. As far as increasing performance goes they just can't carry the battery pack . Mine wieghs 4 ounces on a 3s. and I expect it to be high wing loading
high wing loading for sure!! lol less than 800mm wingspan...and something this small...does have an appealing pitch to it.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:21 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,599 Posts
only problem is...the real-estate must be a challenge to get around. Not everyone including myself has those micro receivers.....
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:28 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,206 Posts
I had to hot glue the blue Spektrum knock off Rx on top of the speed control in the fuse to save every square millimeter in the cockpit for the 450ma battery. And oddly enough I came out achieving the reccomended C G location with no ballast. So something is obviously wrong lol..
A tail heavy EDF that tail dances on launch is always an ADVENTURE
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:37 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,599 Posts
Quote:
I had to hot glue the blue Spektrum knock off Rx on top of the speed control in the fuse to save every square millimeter in the cockpit for the 450ma battery. And oddly enough I came out achieving the reccomended C G location with no ballast. So something is obviously wrong lol..
A tail heavy EDF that tail dances on launch is always an ADVENTURE
Old Mar 02, 2013, 12:46 AM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,135 Posts
Quote:
Even with a 40c discharge?
maybe not IF there was a true 40 c discharge
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Mar 02, 2013, 12:52 AM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,135 Posts
Quote:
Some brave soul needs to break off 4 of those 8 blades , half a$$ balance it and put it on a 10,000 Kv motor. .
we already have better 4 blade fans than an aeo will ever be
Old Mar 02, 2013, 12:54 AM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,135 Posts
Quote:
Can you explain why you don't think it will work like the 6 blade rotors?
because , to a point , the less blades the more efficiency.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:25 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
.............. this kit would really be great if they could provide it unpainted to stop the terrible warping.............Cheers,

David
I've read reports of warps painted and unpainted ... so where does this apinting creates warps come from ?
I bet the factory has a line system for painting / creating the models ... so they come out same whatever ...

i would suggest the packing and transport ... through hot / cold climates etc. would have greater effect.

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:40 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,397 Posts
Quote:
Yea I would go with that cause it also has 8 blades but I don't want to modify my jet too much. I'm hoping one of these companies gets in the 6 blade rotors so I can get those or maybe someone has an extra. What I don't get is people are running these 5 blades with 4s with no issues and I'm just a little higher then that and the blade just exploded.

3s+5800kv=64,380

4s+4300kv=63,640

Anyone shave down a AEO 8 blade rotor to fit a 50mm edf unit?
Only time my rotor gave out on 4S .. was when the shroud was pressed by moulding and blade clipped inside ... otherwise never had problem with 4S ...

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Mar 02, 2013, 04:58 AM
we can take off without that
London, UK
Joined Nov 2008
838 Posts
Quote:
No one has or knows of a 50mm rotor that can handle a 5800kv motor on 3s?
Go for a Wemo fan, 4-blade, very efficient, pulls 13A on 3s with a 4900kv motor so should be reasonable amps with 5800kv?

Or you could try a Lander 5-blade rotor, has a 3mm shaft adaptor, with a bigger motor I'm running it draws 21A on 3s, 5100kv motor (but bigger motor draws more amps anyway).
green_flyer is offline Find More Posts by green_flyer