HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 08, 2011, 08:48 AM
Registered User
gooniac33's Avatar
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
You folks seen one of the first twin 50mm EDFs from Sky Angel?

More info and photos HERE
I have been flying a friends A-10 getting it trimmed and sorted out for him. And all I can think of while flying his is how I want this one! It looks so cool! Thanx for sharing!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2011, 03:37 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
herk1's Avatar
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_eee View Post
can some one please verify if the CG on the T-45 is correct as per the manual?


the manual says 50 mm but 50 mm from where??? the picture in manual is so confusing



Mike

It's measured from the front of the wing piece, along the bottom of the plane, at the seam formed by the wing piece meeting the fuse. The plane flies great when balanced 50mm back from that seam.
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini-warbird retract mod
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2011, 10:10 PM
JOHN 3:16
Sammy70's Avatar
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
I have been flying a friends A-10 getting it trimmed and sorted out for him. And all I can think of while flying his is how I want this one! It looks so cool! Thanx for sharing!


How/where did your friend get one?
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2011, 11:30 PM
Registered User
gooniac33's Avatar
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
How/where did your friend get one?
Its the 64mm size from Nitro Planes. Not the new 50mm. Still have yet to see that one.
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 05:22 PM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,403 Posts
If anyone has an F-18 that has no plans to use the landing gear, I'm in need of the nose wheel strut. yeah, I could probably make one but I want the same hardness of wire and probably it would be a bit straighter.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:18 PM
KK6MQJ
Bajora's Avatar
Joined Sep 2004
13,599 Posts
Maidened the twin 50mm A10 today!
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite Allusive 2.2M
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:22 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
6,978 Posts
Its got retracts? Sweet!
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:23 PM
Registered User
fredmdbud's Avatar
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
If anyone has an F-18 that has no plans to use the landing gear, I'm in need of the nose wheel strut. yeah, I could probably make one but I want the same hardness of wire and probably it would be a bit straighter.
Yeah, I have sets of landing gear from both an F-18 and an F-35 laying around.
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:12 PM
Registered User
gooniac33's Avatar
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
Maidened the twin 50mm A10 today!
Looks good! Can't wait to see the video!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 09:18 AM
RC Fanatic
Reco's Avatar
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,338 Posts
Nice looking A-10
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:27 PM
KK6MQJ
Bajora's Avatar
Joined Sep 2004
13,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Its got retracts? Sweet!
Not just retracts ... electric (servoless) retracts!
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite Allusive 2.2M
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 05:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2011
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
Not just retracts ... electric (servoless) retracts!
looks like those popular eflite/changesun electric retracts to me.
tweeter1 is offline Find More Posts by tweeter1
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 16, 2011, 06:33 PM
Registered User
dude_109's Avatar
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,737 Posts
3S Lipo comparison: GenAce 1000mah 25C vs Rhino 1050mah 30C

I've been reading about the new GenAce lipos. $10 shipped is dirt cheap compared to my normal fav, Rhinos. Attached is an EagleTree plot of both freshly charged and ran for ~10 seconds in my stock motor/fan T-33.

Only unfair comparison is GenAce has 1 cycle while Rhino has 50.

I just wish the main wires coming out of GenAce is along the length as opposed to 90* to it. This makes it tough to fit the lipo in some of the smaller planes.
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2011, 07:13 PM
killickb
killickb's Avatar
The Villages. Florida
Joined Jan 2005
1,234 Posts
Going back a bit anyone know from actual flights how noisy the Himax 4S system is compared to Don's 3S set up?

I have the F-86, stock: grey T-33, stock: BA T-33, Don's set up: Mig 15, Don's set up. They all fly very well using 3 x 1300 for the stock and 3 x 1600 for Don's set up. All get up and go from an easy underhand toss, very stable, no tuck or climb with throttle changes on mine. The Don version of T-33 is faster and has better climb but not a quantum leap up -- quality and longevity is of course there. (Yes the T-33 flies very well thankyou with a single tank or a tank at 45 dgrees to line of flight!!)

HOWEVER the noise of the Don set-up is just too much and so I cannot fly them at our field. I fly 70 and 90 size fans with no comments from locals but launch one of these 50 size Don jobbies and all hell breaks loose! Will have to convert back to stock I guess.
killickb is offline Find More Posts by killickb
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2011, 08:43 PM
Registered User
gooniac33's Avatar
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb View Post
Going back a bit anyone know from actual flights how noisy the Himax 4S system is compared to Don's 3S set up?

I have the F-86, stock: grey T-33, stock: BA T-33, Don's set up: Mig 15, Don's set up. They all fly very well using 3 x 1300 for the stock and 3 x 1600 for Don's set up. All get up and go from an easy underhand toss, very stable, no tuck or climb with throttle changes on mine. The Don version of T-33 is faster and has better climb but not a quantum leap up -- quality and longevity is of course there. (Yes the T-33 flies very well thankyou with a single tank or a tank at 45 dgrees to line of flight!!)

HOWEVER the noise of the Don set-up is just too much and so I cannot fly them at our field. I fly 70 and 90 size fans with no comments from locals but launch one of these 50 size Don jobbies and all hell breaks loose! Will have to convert back to stock I guess.
Get the Himax and have no issues anymore! It screams on 4s but not really loud.
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Adelaide & SA flying & chat #2 Zootster Australia 19731 Today 11:11 PM
Help! Where can I buy Genkem Nova 27 in SA? MegaTesla South Africa 2 May 14, 2011 03:25 PM
Discussion SAL-SA Glider in Gobi dune romanticus Slope 11 Nov 30, 2010 10:40 PM
Question SA 2010-02 Castle ICE 100 "failed cut off" ?? LandCruiser Castle Creations 2 Oct 19, 2010 11:07 PM
T-33 Spring-air minis HW609 Derrek Curtis Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 3 Apr 25, 2001 03:42 PM