Old Dec 15, 2010, 07:28 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
That is the same question I ask!

I have yet to acquire the T 45 and several other air frames. Sorry I could not include all of them in the review.
Thats okay Jon, I've got the T-45. I'll do the log for ya.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2010, 07:38 PM
New Brunswick
Joined Feb 2006
1,255 Posts
Nice! I love the pics, I may have to get TP packs... You need to get a T45, it's my favorite!
choopi is online now Find More Posts by choopi
Old Dec 15, 2010, 08:03 PM
trying to catch Mr. FrSky... It flyes
Joined Jan 2005
1,023 Posts
Im waiting for the a10 and the SU
splitpilot is offline Find More Posts by splitpilot
Old Dec 15, 2010, 09:15 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,174 Posts
Great review!! I have owned 6 of these planes in the series and the AMX is the only one that gave me issues. My newest is the T-33 and wow!! It is awesome! I really can't say that I like any one more than the other but the L-39 loves having extra power! I have 420watts in it and WOW!! 4s 30c 1000mah pack and I can get about 8 mins when I am good on the throttle. I run all but the T-33 on 4s 20-30c 1000mah packs. The T-33 is running on a 4s 20c 1800mah pack but that will be changing to a lighter pack. I love all these little planes and am still going to buy more!
gooniac33 is online now Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:20 AM
Halifax Electric Flyers Assoc
Halifax, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
315 Posts
Jon -- excellent review. Like most commenters here I'm already converted -- I'm flying the T33 on stock power -- but I enjoyed your synopsis of and comparisons between the other airframes. The T33 is the best EDF I've ever flown straight out of the box, with lots of power, solid control authority, and excellent scale looks. I've only flown it with the stock pack and 1,000mah 3S 35C packs, but against my better judgment I'm going to take your advice and try some heavy ~1800 packs to prolong the fun...

Dave
dghutt is offline Find More Posts by dghutt
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:10 PM
Joined Jul 2009
803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghutt View Post
Jon -- excellent review. Like most commenters here I'm already converted -- I'm flying the T33 on stock power -- but I enjoyed your synopsis of and comparisons between the other airframes. The T33 is the best EDF I've ever flown straight out of the box, with lots of power, solid control authority, and excellent scale looks. I've only flown it with the stock pack and 1,000mah 3S 35C packs, but against my better judgment I'm going to take your advice and try some heavy ~1800 packs to prolong the fun...

Dave
where might one buy the t-33????
TheTrashMan is offline Find More Posts by TheTrashMan
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:35 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeflyer94 View Post
where might one buy the t-33????
This is from the review:

"The Sky Angel 50mm EDFs are available from a number of different vendors (Venom Group, Banana Hobby, Toysonics, PW-RC, Hobby King, NitroPlanes, to name just a few) in such an array of RTF, ARF or airframe only versions that it is a little difficult to accurately list just what may come in the box when you order one. Each vendor offers up their own version of these little jets, with possible subtle differences from one vendors offering to the next. As a buyer, I would suggest you exercise due diligence and read the item description carefully, to ensure that you will receive the exact configuration that you are after."

Check with one of the vendors mentioned to see if they have the T-33 in stock. I think that EJF will also be carrying these soon as well.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:46 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,174 Posts
You can get airframes here now....

http://www.bananahobby.com/electric-...-kits-arf.html

I got my T-33 from Hobby King and had it here in a couple days.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:37 PM
Joined Jul 2009
803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
This is from the review:

"The Sky Angel 50mm EDFs are available from a number of different vendors (Venom Group, Banana Hobby, Toysonics, PW-RC, Hobby King, NitroPlanes, to name just a few) in such an array of RTF, ARF or airframe only versions that it is a little difficult to accurately list just what may come in the box when you order one. Each vendor offers up their own version of these little jets, with possible subtle differences from one vendors offering to the next. As a buyer, I would suggest you exercise due diligence and read the item description carefully, to ensure that you will receive the exact configuration that you are after."

Check with one of the vendors mentioned to see if they have the T-33 in stock. I think that EJF will also be carrying these soon as well.

Pat
right after i wrote that i went to hobbyking and found like all o them!!
TheTrashMan is offline Find More Posts by TheTrashMan
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:50 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,495 Posts
Great. Thanks, Jon. Now I won't be one of the only pilots at the club that has even heard of these neat little edfs.

mw (F-18, L-39 & T-45 owner)
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Dec 16, 2010, 02:06 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,885 Posts
Excellent review Jon!

I just purchased the T-33 ARF for $78 and the A-4 kit version for $43 at Toysonics. Here's a first...a few minutes ago I received a call from a CSR at Toysonics to ask if I would rather have my order shipped via FedEx Next Day at no additional charge rather than the 2-3 days shipping via USPS. Ah..yeah! That is awesome and I will continue to buy from Toysonics.

Awesome customer service!

Best,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2010, 02:52 PM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Miami, FL
Joined May 2009
3,508 Posts
That A4 looks awesome, I have the Hobbyking A4 and mine doesn't fly nearly as nice as that one. That being said the motor that came with mine is more then enough power for the plane. I did leave the landing gear on mine and I use a 3s 1500 mah lipo I see you use a 3s 800 mah.

I guess it is the extra weight but mine is like a brick at low power, I have to land her at like 1/2 throttle, she comes in like a missile. Someone came out to watch my jets this weekend and said they almost crapped their pants when I landed the A4 so fast.

I should try her out on a 800mah.
airbagit13 is online now Find More Posts by airbagit13
Last edited by airbagit13; Dec 16, 2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:58 PM
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Modena
Joined Mar 2009
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Thats okay Jon, I've got the T-45. I'll do the log for ya.
can u think that t45 flight well with a 1600 30c or 1550 25c?
arnaldo26 is offline Find More Posts by arnaldo26
Old Dec 16, 2010, 04:21 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,174 Posts
Just ordered a Red Arrows T-45 and an A-4. All will have the Himax 50mm Micro fan and running on 4s. I am loving these things!!!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 09:22 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Very nice review Jon. Lots of effort can be seen in the presentation.

Can you please talk to Jalin about reducing the intakes down to realistic sizes? None of them need the groper mouth sized intakes they all currently have and it would be a shame if he continued down that path as it really killed off the F9F Panther outlines.

Even if he reduced them down to 50% of the 50mm shroud on each side(if you check - they are currently more like over 80%), he would still have more than 100% total FSA. The intakes are actually slowing the models down right now, acting like drag surfaces due to their size.

NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Last edited by NitroCharged; Dec 16, 2010 at 09:30 PM.