SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:13 AM
Micro enthusiast
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2011
804 Posts
Thanks Nigel,
The fan is blowing air out of the back so all good there.
I will take your advice and tape up the hatch join to maximise air flow.
Regards
Nath
Groovechampion is offline Find More Posts by Groovechampion
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:50 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Just dopplered that and it ranges round the 180kph mark with one run at 204kph .. but the angle that pass makes is iffy for speed calc ...

For a 50mm - that is FAASSSSSST ! Makes the other 50mm's look pedestrian.

Nigel
There is another one of these at my field and it was flying together with a Rare Bear that has consistently radared 110mph and the Screamer was pulling away from it very quickly! the 180kph-204kph could be right! It is a really fast plane! But it is also surprisingly easy to fly and land!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:56 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Apr 2007
2,087 Posts
AMX: underrated performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas650r View Post
i spent a bunch of time getting the fan right , clearenced , balanced, ect and the 5 blade on 4x 1000's just whistles . the stock thrust tube size is spot on on this one and the vert is limitless.

very impressed to say the least, so simple , no modes other than just using clear packing tape , carefully applied , to eliminate the ailerons. the tape stops the movement and seals the gaps, all in one shot. using elevons only works so good i just cant see why u would ever go linked on this one. i used some small diam c/f tubes over the elevator pushrods just to be sure.

half throttle launches are a breeze, 30 deg up and it tracts out straight . the thing is just a little missile , highly recommended...
+1 - and it's light, and looks great in the paint scheme! Plus the motor seems to be smoother and of better quality... Where's your CG on this one, did you go back a bit?
mopetista is offline Find More Posts by mopetista
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:40 AM
United Kingdom, Warrington
Joined Nov 2012
553 Posts
Quote:
My solution would be to use card or thin depron to seat the EDF unit in and close up the gap ... sanding of the edge to smooth transition.
If the EDF unit is a good fit .. ie a tight friction fit - then I've found that glue is not necessary. My high-power unit in my T45 has no glue whatsoever .. it never moves.

Nigel
Hmmm that's sounds like a plan l, I just wanna fly it
Could always use the cover of my other sabre to see if that closes the gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
Is the A6 not a popular model? I haven't seen any other posts about the A6 and it's not even listed in the brochure that comes in the box.

I'm using a 3s nanotech and a completely stock setup. The speed was pretty good, but don't expect it to fly like a rocket. I might use the rc speed reader app next time so we know exactly how fast it flies. As for handling, the A6 tracks better than the F/A-18 that I used to have. The separate ailerons and elevator causes it to not drag the back of plane around during turns.
I'm buying an A6 sometime this wk, seen vids and they look underpowered, ill be swapping esc, fan and 4s it should be sweet, I do like the look of this plane

Rod
Mrgeorgedoors is offline Find More Posts by Mrgeorgedoors
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:33 AM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
1,293 Posts
Please update with A6 info...
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:59 AM
Joined Mar 2012
738 Posts
Quote:
Exactly .... shame !

The paint and cosmetics of the average model is crap as well - flakes of even during handling out of box .. so a Red Arrows scheme T45 ... still end up painting it.

Nigel
Well I'm in the same boat. The only F-100 Super Sabre kit I've been able to find is a 90mm as well. And that's not counting other planes that don't even have kits, like the Chance-Voight Cutlass. But I did get lucky and was able to find
my most favorite plane of all, and it's a 70mm, and will be flown shortly after
some practice when my regular field opens in the spring. It's the one I use for
my avatar and my handle.
Valkpilot is offline Find More Posts by Valkpilot
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:11 AM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,515 Posts
Who's making a 70mm Valkyrie?
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Last edited by alpea 41; Feb 02, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:26 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpea 41 View Post
Who's making a 70mm Valkyrie?
Nicesky makes it. Great flyer.....Available at www.toysonics.com

XB-70 Ducted fan jet (3 min 3 sec)
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:10 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,062 Posts
I took the A-6 to the club field today and it had a dead servo! After awhile of prying it out and feeding wires through, I replaced it with a HXT900. They have the same speed and response time so it was a perfect match. I got two more flights and both went well. The flight time seems very short at 3 minutes, so I will have to get more batteries.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:55 PM
United Kingdom, Warrington
Joined Nov 2012
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
I took the A-6 to the club field today and it had a dead servo! After awhile of prying it out and feeding wires through, I replaced it with a HXT900. They have the same speed and response time so it was a perfect match. I got two more flights and both went well. The flight time seems very short at 3 minutes, so I will have to get more batteries.

Yeah the servos ain't that great, I was gettin them flight times at 1st mainly because I was all guns blazing getting to know its limits before stalling etc, and especially if your running 3s, where as now both my sabre and t45 on 4s 1000 I can get 4.5 mins happily flying just under half throttle knowing ive got the power if i need it, and with a few flat out flybys

Rod
Mrgeorgedoors is offline Find More Posts by Mrgeorgedoors
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:28 PM
Slovakia, Veľký Krtíš
Joined Dec 2006
691 Posts
I made two tanks for better landing and for protect of ailerons servos on my L-39 Albatros...Also some scale signs on it...
pajlotmato is offline Find More Posts by pajlotmato
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:36 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajlotmato View Post
I made two tanks for better landing and for protect of ailerons servos on my L-39 Albatros...Also some scale signs on it...
Very nice job!
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:59 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgeorgedoors View Post
Yeah the servos ain't that great, I was gettin them flight times at 1st mainly because I was all guns blazing getting to know its limits before stalling etc, and especially if your running 3s, where as now both my sabre and t45 on 4s 1000 I can get 4.5 mins happily flying just under half throttle knowing ive got the power if i need it, and with a few flat out flybys

Rod
The increase of pack from 3S to 4S often leads to shorter flight times ... as many like me are looking for speed ! WOT gives greater RPM - with that greater amps demand ...

My T45 on 3S will give 5mins easily, put the 4S in - I'm beeping at 3mins.

But if you reduce throttle to same motor rpm as the 3S ... the increased watts capability of the 4S pack will extend your flight time by up to 33% based on the 1/3rd increase in voltage. Volts x Amps and all that !
So my T45 if I was more sensible and used lower throttle - there's no reason I shouldn't get 6 or more mins on my 4S.

Trouble is - pootling around at half throttle is not my bag !

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:08 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,543 Posts
is there like a happy middle setup....where you could warm up on 3s...then throw in a 4s ! i know the different kv motors & fan blades make this confusing ..at least for me
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:14 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC View Post
is there like a happy middle setup....where you could warm up on 3s...then throw in a 4s ! i know the different kv motors & fan blades make this confusing ..at least for me
It really depends on how you manage the throttle. If you are a full throttle type person then you need to find something that suits that flying style. Stock motor with 6 blade fan is a good mix between the 2. It can be good on a 3s pack and if you want to go faster just use the 4s pack.