Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:06 PM
nom
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2011
2,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpea 41 View Post
Yeah that's the cure for warm batteries it's called WINTER
Ya that will work but I hate the shorter flight times...
nom is online now Find More Posts by nom
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined Sep 2012
544 Posts
Yea I followed the manuals recommended cg at 50mm and it was very nose heavy. I have mine set now at 37mm and it's a lot better now. I do have the problem of it climbing as well when I give it full throttle. I may look at my edf unit again and make sure it's pointed as straight as I can get it.
Mike20 is offline Find More Posts by Mike20
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:27 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Deep in the East Texas Piney Woods
Joined Dec 2001
4,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
The T45 will take a more Fwd CoG no problem. My T45 has always been nose heavy, glides well, doesn't climb with full power ... ie trims out fine.My CoG measures about 30 - 35mm depending on which battery I use ... I fly with batterys ranging from 1800 3S up to 1800 4S .....

As regards aileron servos - the standard modification is to exit the servo arm through top of wing .. servo still in standard position. Fit horns to top of ailerons ... jobs a doddle ... no more stripped servo gears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloperjoe View Post
my thoughts are the thrust line of the fan is what causes ballooning under power, should be an easy fix, check to make sure the fan is pointing straight back towards the exhaust outlet, if it is cocked so the top of the fan is a little farther forward than the bottom it can cause it to "balloon" under power, another thing you can do is add a plastic tailcone to deflect the airflow at a little more down angel, too much up deflection and it will want to nose up with power, too much down deflection and it will want to nose dive, another trick from the free flight EDF days was to put a balsa or ply slat inside the exhaust nozzel exit and set it at a very slight down angle, I have used this method with success in the past

Joe
All good suggestions, thanks, guys. We're having crappy weather for several days so I'll have time to work on it. I think when I get it sorted out I'll really like this little fella.

Chuck
Chuck is online now Find More Posts by Chuck
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined Sep 2012
544 Posts
I think you really will enjoy the T45, this is my 2nd edf jet but it's my favorite. If you need help or tips on what to set your D/R or EXPO let me know I'll post what I was told by nitrocharged and has helped me control the plane.
Mike20 is offline Find More Posts by Mike20
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:37 PM
Joined May 2010
1,865 Posts
Anyone here ever fly this dynam f-16...i think it is just a larger version of the skyangel f-16 which also shares airelon and elevator servos so mixing is required....kit is cheap and i have all the rest of parts i need...Although the new motor i have is designed for stock 70mm 5 blade fan to run on 4s that came with my Vampire EDF,so it might not work...But all in all this dynam seems pretty sweet and kit is EPO http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy8932-f16-kit.html thx
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:49 PM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Joined Jul 2002
4,206 Posts
Got my 6000 installed.
Had a heck of a time soldering my ESC up.
My old iron would not get hot enough anymore so
I used my MAPP gas torch to heat the tip.
Talk about fast solding.

Got the fan unit glued in position and relized the the ESC I was using
does not have motor reversing

Anyway, motor sound baaaadddd.
Right at 33amp 360ish watts

Getting my order of High C battteries coming in tomorrow.
Will let you know what fits

Larry
SPEED-E-FLYER is offline Find More Posts by SPEED-E-FLYER
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:11 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpea 41 View Post
Yeah that's the cure for warm batteries it's called WINTER
The batteries are nice and toasty after a 3min flight with the F-22. Perfect to warm up those frozen fingers!
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:16 AM
Bakersfield, Calif.
Joined Oct 2005
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloperjoe View Post
on the F-86 the canopy has about a 1/16th gap between the fuse, lets plenty of air flow through, my batteries stay pretty cool but I use high "C" rated 1000mah Tunigy Nano Techs, the motor is not a real amp hog so you shouldnt have heat problems as long as you use batteries rated over 30C
here is what I use

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

setting up the gyro isnt too hard, I just followed the instructions in the gyro manual, and BH also has a video on setting it up. took about ten minutes to figure it out
Just checked and I also have enough gap between canopy and fuse for air intake. The manual shows the esc just behind the battery (both under canopy) but on this version there is a pocket for the esc just in front of the edf fan...should have plenty of air there!!!!

Thanks Joe
ronhaller@bak.rr is online now Find More Posts by ronhaller@bak.rr
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:22 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20 View Post
I think you really will enjoy the T45, this is my 2nd edf jet but it's my favorite. If you need help or tips on what to set your D/R or EXPO let me know I'll post what I was told by nitrocharged and has helped me control the plane.
The manual settings for controls are spot on ... and then I added 45% Expo to all ...

Some make mistake of balancing the T45 LEVEL ... this is wrong. It should have a nose down of about 5 deg when hung.
I fashioned a hook to hang from ceiling and then a tube through fuselage at CoG point ... the hook then passes into the tube and I hang the model to check balance. I initially of course do the inverted check of CoG ... then final is on the hook.

Ignore the clear plastic tab - which was my first hook attachment - it pulled out of the foam and was not a good idea.

This is balanced with a 1800 3S and with 25gr added to tail ...

this is the balance weight ... divide in half and fix either side of fin ...

Here's with a 1800 3S ..

With the 4S ... she is more nose down but only a degree or so ...

Hope above helps others.

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:29 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Deep in the East Texas Piney Woods
Joined Dec 2001
4,597 Posts
Nigel, what's the flying weight?

Chuck
Chuck is online now Find More Posts by Chuck
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:53 PM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO
Joined Jul 2002
4,206 Posts
Got my Turnigys in and did a bit--testing
on my AMX with Dons 6000.
Did not do an amp draw test yet with fully charged packs,
but with the 1800mAh pack it's +1:1 thrust.
Plane hovers might fine. That's at 16.3 AUW

But with the 1300mAh, I'm shaving almost 2 oz.
with an AUW of 14.2oz.

Looks like I should be able to put the 1300's all
the way into the nose and get it close to C/G
without adding extra weight.

Will head back out to the shop and check it out.

Larry
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:34 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post

With the 4S ... she is more nose down but only a degree or so ...

Hope above helps others.

Nigel
Can you say....LEAD SLED!!! LOL SHEESH! I have seen the videos you have posted of the plane flying so I know it flies well but it is so heavy! And to think that you haven't put spars in the wing!! How do you get away with that?

I use a 4s 40c 1000mah Sky Lipo in mine and it is light and quick with my set up! I can putt putt around at less than a quarter throttle just inches off the ground, or blast straight up as long as the batteries and my eyesight will allow! I dare your plane to try the same feat...LOL
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:52 AM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO
Joined Jul 2002
4,206 Posts
Got the 1300 to balance @ 3.75" C/G without any extra weight.
Sounds like it's within range.

The 1800 right of the charger and WOW
425 watts, 37.8 amps, More then 1:1

Larry
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:07 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEED-E-FLYER View Post
Got the 1300 to balance @ 3.75" C/G without any extra weight.
Sounds like it's within range.

The 1800 right of the charger and WOW
425 watts, 37.8 amps, More then 1:1

Larry
Just be sure to not allow the wing surfaces to move much or pin them. The tail does all the work on this plane especially on launch. I learned the hard way and crashed many times just trying to get it in the air. Now its a breeze and its all because I am flying it with the tail doing all the work...
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:18 AM
Joined May 2010
1,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
Can you say....LEAD SLED!!! LOL SHEESH! I have seen the videos you have posted of the plane flying so I know it flies well but it is so heavy! And to think that you haven't put spars in the wing!! How do you get away with that?

I use a 4s 40c 1000mah Sky Lipo in mine and it is light and quick with my set up! I can putt putt around at less than a quarter throttle just inches off the ground, or blast straight up as long as the batteries and my eyesight will allow! I dare your plane to try the same feat...LOL
I balanced my t45 red arrow tonight, just moved the 3s 1000mah back around1 1/4'' ...Gooniac will the stock fan/motor handle 4s or just rip apart? I think 3s is fine for now anyway..i am waiting on my friend to maiden it for me its a pretty cool little edf and i want to keep it in one piece as long as possible
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash