HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:41 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom77 View Post
Hi Larry,

There is another thread in this same sub-forum with the cg for all these 50mm planes. I forget the exact thread title, but it is something about "CG of 50mm skyangle... something something" so it is pretty easy to find. (Except now I can't find it?!?)
CG specs for the 35mm EDF jets by Jpower, Skyangel, Blitzrc, etc. and FAQs

Quote:
nigel I can't find any link to download manual on http://www.skyangelrc.com/
Here you go!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:47 AM
we can take off without that
London, UK
Joined Nov 2008
770 Posts
for the AMX, I moved my CG back further for its unlucky flight, I think to about 106mm as per Joe's post, and it flew better (apart from meeting power lines).
Before that it was 10cm and still felt a bit nose heavy especially near stall.
green_flyer is offline Find More Posts by green_flyer
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:51 AM
MichiganRCflyer
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Nov 2012
128 Posts
Ignorant post deleted.
bunkx9 is offline Find More Posts by bunkx9
Last edited by bunkx9; Mar 18, 2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:27 AM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEED-E-FLYER View Post
I need the CG for the F-9 , AMX, and T-33 please.
Thanks
Larry
Look at Joe's thread for the CG of the 50mm edfs here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1480110

Joe also maintains the 35mm CG thread.
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:46 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
Thx nigel... with 4s are u running stock motor and fan? thats a whole lot of battery for that little t-45...Thats awesome!
Yes I did .... for quite a few months then I decided to up the motor to 4890kv, fitted the 7 blade 51mm unit. That was interesting but not as good as I wanted - so that came out ... I swapped for 5000kv motor, 6 blade fan in the 50mm housing. That is what I run now and she averages between 130 and 145kph depending on weather etc.
The original motor wasn't too happy after ingesting snow last winter while trying to take-off from local runway. Motor seemed ok - but in spring a puff of smoke came out back-end and that was it ! The shaft was used to replace the unthreaded in the 5000kv.
I use a 50A esc ... as anything bigger is a problem to mount in the gulley provided for it. I should really run a 60A - but she takes it OK. I do have a mod to keep that ESC in place .... a cocktail stick pushed through fuselage side under ESC and out other side ... cut of tips. Do not glue ... it's easy then to just use another stick to push out so ESC can be extracted.

I also have a canopy spring catch to hold that in place ...

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:59 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
8,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by presa1200 View Post
nigel I can't find any link to download manual on http://www.skyangelrc.com/
Sorry about that ... I could have sworn I saw it on there .... I know there is a site that has near all manuals for RC gear incl. models - but cannot find it now ...

I have the T45 manual at home and once I return home - would be more than happy to post up a copy ...

Nigel
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:03 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Sorry about that ... I could have sworn I saw it on there .... I know there is a site that has near all manuals for RC gear incl. models - but cannot find it now ...

I have the T45 manual at home and once I return home - would be more than happy to post up a copy ...

Nigel
I posted a PDF of it a few posts back already.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:04 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
8,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
I found the T-45 to fly well a little nose heavy.Rather have it that way than the alternative.
Exactly ... the design is that she should sit with nose down about 5 degrees with standard gear in ...
Some people start playing with incidence etc. thinking this is wrong - but it is DESIGNED in ...

My CoG is more likely about 30mm with the packs I fly with ... and she's a real babe ... glides in well ... smooth flight ... loops, verticals ... no problem.

To be honest - ditch the 800 LiPo and give the poor girl a decent size pack !! My maiden was with a 3S 1800 25C pack and she flew great.... yes she had about 25gr tail weight added.

See my youtube channel : "solentlifeuk" for the maiden video ...
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:14 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
8,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
Huh Hum .... 35mm ??

Nigel
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:21 AM
we can take off without that
London, UK
Joined Nov 2008
770 Posts
Sorry to disagree. I am relatively new to flying. I trained on a minium Flybaby, then a umP51, and only this summer I flew my first EDF, umx Mig15. This gave me the confidence to try the JPower F35 and AMX, and I was pleasantly surprised how easy they are to fly. Even though both of them are well over the stock AUW. To me these are excellent airframes, and perfect in size, I dont like anything bigger. For me a $24 airframe can not be a waste of money. I pay more for dinner in a restaurant. I would rather eat at home and buy a decent cheap airframe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkx9 View Post
These planes are a waste of money. It's funny to read through these posts. If you want the facts about the plane: 1.) you'll crash this within your first few flights. 2.) you'll get conned into buying a bunch of upgrades that cause more harm than good, you'll need more replacement parts, and the "great bargain" of a plane will turn into a $250 dollar money pit. Everyone in here fell for the crafty marketing of BH, HK, etc.... I love when the "EDF noob" chimes in with a "I saw Pete's video and had to buy one!! BTW it's my first EDF! Can't wait to maiden it!!" -----> 90% of the time that's the last time you'll see a post from "the noob." Gyros don't fly the plane for you, people. The $60 dollar plane is great bait, and Pete and company are laughing all the way to the bank. BH and the rest of the distributors are getting these planes for $20. They sell them for 150% mark up, knowing you'll crash, parts will break immediately or never work, then you'll run to a forum like this to figure out the coolest "upgrades" and give them more business. Hahaha.
green_flyer is offline Find More Posts by green_flyer
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:22 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
8,357 Posts
Quote:
These planes are a waste of money. It's funny to read through these posts. If you want the facts about the plane: 1.) you'll crash this within your first few flights. 2.) you'll get conned into buying a bunch of upgrades that cause more harm than good, you'll need more replacement parts, and the "great bargain" of a plane will turn into a $250 dollar money pit. Everyone in here fell for the crafty marketing of BH, HK, etc.... I love when the "EDF noob" chimes in with a "I saw Pete's video and had to buy one!! BTW it's my first EDF! Can't wait to maiden it!!" -----> 90% of the time that's the last time you'll see a post from "the noob." Gyros don't fly the plane for you, people. The $60 dollar plane is great bait, and Pete and company are laughing all the way to the bank. BH and the rest of the distributors are getting these planes for $20. They sell them for 150% mark up, knowing you'll crash, parts will break immediately or never work, then you'll run to a forum like this to figure out the coolest "upgrades" and give them more business. Hahaha.
Cor blimey guv'nor !! who p****d on your parade ?

Like many models - if a newbie gets hold of it - of course it's destined for the lawn-dart arena ... but contrary to the rubbish you write - the Skyangels are excellent flyers for an intermediate RC pilot ...

As to upgrades - who's going to buy that from BH ? Like all other models - WE have our preferred sellers for our tinkering and upgrading.

I have 2 T45's in 50mm form ... BOTH still useable after many many flights ... the first is due pension book !!

Nigel
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:23 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
8,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
I posted a PDF of it a few posts back already.
Yep - that's reading through unread posts and replying as I go !!

Cheers - saved me doing it !!

Nigel
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:06 AM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Cor blimey guv'nor !! who p****d on your parade ?

Like many models - if a newbie gets hold of it - of course it's destined for the lawn-dart arena ... but contrary to the rubbish you write - the Skyangels are excellent flyers for an intermediate RC pilot ...

As to upgrades - who's going to buy that from BH ? Like all other models - WE have our preferred sellers for our tinkering and upgrading.

I have 2 T45's in 50mm form ... BOTH still useable after many many flights ... the first is due pension book !!

Nigel
+1 I'm an intermediate pilot whose flown a lot of different EDF's but I really love the size of the 50mm jets. Add The Don's wicked 50mm setup and your really zippin' through the air.
Bunkx9, you have contributed 2 freakin' posts to this forum, stop trolling and go back into hiding!
baddb1 is offline Find More Posts by baddb1
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:18 AM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Joined Jul 2002
4,206 Posts
Thanks for helping me save on the "SEARCH" button
I really do know how to use it, really.

Larry
SPEED-E-FLYER is offline Find More Posts by SPEED-E-FLYER
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:42 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,996 Posts
Quote:
I have planes that are going on 3 years old....haven't required any extra work since my upgrades...and out fly 70mm jets....go rant somewhere else my friend. You are not gonna get any converts just because you are an incompetent builder and flier...

Not to mention that almost all of these planes fly great when they are flown in stock form. (With the only exception being the F-8 for me because it barely flew with any configuration.) And with the 6blade fan, $25 fan motor combos as well as all of the other options that Don's, Efflux and Himax offer....there is no wrong or right way to upgrade these little things....

Oh and I just bought some airframes from Hobby B for less than what an Eflite fan motor combo cost....how are these things a rip off?
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33