HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2011, 01:17 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,019 Posts
WOW!!! 91mph with tanks! Mine has to be over 100mph minus the tanks. It screams!!! But it looks so good with them.
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:12 AM
"Jesters" KC-135 Demo Team
United States, MI, Ypsilanti
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
Oops, I meant to say 81 mph (darn little andriod keyboard). I may have hit 90 in a dive.

I am still a little steamed about HK only sending me just a wing and a fuse, so much so I made some nose art in their honor.
kc135boomer is offline Find More Posts by kc135boomer
Last edited by kc135boomer; Jan 17, 2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:35 AM
Halifax Electric Flyers Assoc
Halifax, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc135boomer View Post
I am still a little steamed about HK only sending me just a wing and a fuse
That's pretty chintzy on HK's part, boomer. You also said it took 3 months? Have you taken it up with them? I assume others will confirm it was supposed to ship with tail components...

Dave
dghutt is offline Find More Posts by dghutt
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:43 AM
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
I spoke with Customer Service via chat and they told me to take pictures of everything including the packing material sitting on a weight scale and email it to them. Then he will issue an RMA for me to send it all back for a replacement. I told him to just send the correct stuff out as I did not want to wait another 3 months, but they could not do that, I finally said to heck with it and made my own stuff... The three months was my own fault as I had it sent the cheapest method. (the other way would have made the shipping twice as much as the kit)
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:05 AM
6 months to finish a rtf
upstate ny
Joined Jun 2003
1,842 Posts
kc135boomer

If you payed with Pay-pal write and complain
I had the same problem , pay pal use to only make sure you
got it, now they cover you for what you got .

I got very quick results , Hk changed there tune as pap pal
will refund your money if they don't make good and back charge them.
pulsery2k1 is online now Find More Posts by pulsery2k1
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:38 AM
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
I thought about that but in the grand scheme of things, I received the majority of the plane, its all ready built and its my word against theirs. I will chalk it up to bad luck. I notice they now zero in stock. I probably took so long because they needed to find scraps from airplanes that were broke. All is well, I still have a jet...
Old Jan 17, 2011, 01:21 PM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy View Post
Images from the 2011 AMA Convention of the new 50mm jets and future J-Power mini warbirds. Lots more images from the AMA Convention on my blog.

Sorry for the late post. Too much evening flying, not enough internet time lately.

Pete-Thanks for letting us handle the new products.

All the best,
Tony

Tony,
You're a great one for bringing us the pictures!! Thanks.

The planes look awesome, especially the 30mm jobs.

The Su-34 looks incredible too...as mentioned before, there seems to be some dihedral there-but it might be an optical illusion since it seems to be less in your picture than in the one from the earlier post... did you notice the dihedral when you saw it in person?
Smokescreen38 is offline Find More Posts by Smokescreen38
Old Jan 17, 2011, 02:38 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc135boomer View Post
Oops, I meant to say 81 mph (darn little andriod keyboard). I may have hit 90 in a dive.

I am still a little steamed about HK only sending me just a wing and a fuse, so much so I made some nose art in their honor.
That more like it... Without tanks mine is doing about 90. With them it is in the 75-80 range. But I never fly it that fast. It is too much fun to see it low and slow.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:08 AM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109 View Post
Tony,
How many inches would you say the wingspan on the 30mm MiG-15 is? Considering the 50mm had 25" ws, I'd expect this one on the order of 15" +/- a couple.

I'm happy to see the F9F in gray as opposed to dark blue for better visibility. I wanted to wait for its release to order the T-33 at the same time to save shipping ($15 for 1 plane and ~ $18 for 2...much better value). With the vids and flt reports on the T-33 coming in...couldn't wait so substituted the T-45 instead. I'll combine the F9F with the 30mm MiG-15... or even A-10.
Dude-I think 15" +/- seems about right on the 30mm jets! I agree on the F-9F gray color scheme. I personally like the red stripes.

All the best,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2011, 06:50 PM
A&P/IA
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Feb 2007
559 Posts
well i maidened my t-33 tonight... i must say it is very nice for all that you get for the 84.99 at venom and fairly fast for a stock setup. i did notice one very very bad trait though while doing a split s. i made a high speed pass, pulled vertical, climbed 100 ft or so, rolled and pulled back on the stick to come over the top. this is where it stalled in the pull and went into a jet death spiral, basically it was stalling and falling in knife edge with the nose pointed slightly up, still at full throttle and rotating around nose to tail.
i was about 2 mistakes high and could not recover so when it was about 1 mistake high i chopped power and went in for the ride. remarkably there was no damge whatsoever
chevronflyer is offline Find More Posts by chevronflyer
Old Jan 18, 2011, 09:46 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,755 Posts
chevronflyer,
That's not the first time I've read about T-33 whether its this 50mm version or other versions. A rudder usually helps to get out of spins so wonder if it might help here.

My T-33 arrived today. The T-45 ordered at the same time but got sent in separate package arrived yesterday. That's 7 and 8 calendar days from order to arrival from BH to Texas...not as good as ToySonics but was $8 cheaper to my door so BH it is. Ordering multiple to save on shipping is definitely the way to go.

Anyways on to the planes...both were smaller than I had imagined with the spec measurements and pics/vids I've been drooling over. I like these newer designs compared to the first wave of planes that came out. Definitely improvements in lipo area and easier ESC mounting. JPower probably should probably not do "complicated" decals like the T-33's fuselage band anymore...or just include decals for owners to do on there own. Such a pity for such a nicely designed airframe.

My 50mm fleet just doubled in size
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Old Jan 19, 2011, 09:26 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109 View Post
chevronflyer,
That's not the first time I've read about T-33 whether its this 50mm version or other versions. A rudder usually helps to get out of spins so wonder if it might help here.

My T-33 arrived today. The T-45 ordered at the same time but got sent in separate package arrived yesterday. That's 7 and 8 calendar days from order to arrival from BH to Texas...not as good as ToySonics but was $8 cheaper to my door so BH it is. Ordering multiple to save on shipping is definitely the way to go.

Anyways on to the planes...both were smaller than I had imagined with the spec measurements and pics/vids I've been drooling over. I like these newer designs compared to the first wave of planes that came out. Definitely improvements in lipo area and easier ESC mounting. JPower probably should probably not do "complicated" decals like the T-33's fuselage band anymore...or just include decals for owners to do on there own. Such a pity for such a nicely designed airframe.

My 50mm fleet just doubled in size
Just ignore the funky stripe and fly the thing. The T-33 flies awesome! You will love it!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:38 PM
Joined Jan 2009
640 Posts
Hey guys,
I just ordered the t-45 model from toysonics and should be here by this weekend. This will be my introduction into foam EDF's. I fly electric heli's, pylon race, and also fly 40 sized escapade.
Since I started with electric helis (450 and 250) have been wanting to get into these EDF's. So of course I have tried to match these with my batteries that i have on had.
I also picked up a twin 64 mm A-10 as well.
I do have some questions though.
What glue should I use?
I have medium CA, gorilla glue, 30 min epoxy and hot glue. It seems everyone has an opinion and a reason why but since you guys fly this model, you might have some incite.
Also it is coming with a 850 mah battery. I for some reason thought I had 900man fom my 250 sized heli but they turned out to be 800's. The 900's were 2s from my very first helis. In any case will this be a problem? I also have 1200mah as well.
Any other helpful comments will be appreciated.
ciscovet is offline Find More Posts by ciscovet
Old Jan 19, 2011, 02:06 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,203 Posts
Medium CA with kicker (CA on one part, kicker on the other) or hot glue would be best.

The 800mAh packs should be fine, just a few seconds less run time. The 1200mAh will work too. Just make sure you place them correct for the CG.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jan 19, 2011, 02:32 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,755 Posts
I've been staying away from CA as my past experiences, prior to RC, always had them clog up after a use or 2 so such a waste. Are there brands that have better nozzle nowadays?
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109