HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2011, 11:20 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,182 Posts
dude...your so fast!
looking sweet! you kill me as always

can't wait till spring to see some flight reports coming from you, we still have to see that F-86 rip too... did you fly the F-18?

man your going to have one hell of a spring

lucky dog,,, but you worked your butt off for all of them

looking forward to it all
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2011, 05:39 AM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron101 View Post
dude...your so fast!
looking sweet! you kill me as always

can't wait till spring to see some flight reports coming from you, we still have to see that F-86 rip too... did you fly the F-18?

man your going to have one hell of a spring

lucky dog,,, but you worked your butt off for all of them

looking forward to it all
Thanks Ron, I can't wait that's for sure. Still need to take care of a few small things on the Corsair, including the balance.

The F-18 hasn't flown yet as I smoked the CC ESC on a test run and need to install the replacement. I also needed weight in the tail to balance, so I'm working on trying to move some gear rearward to avoid that extra weight.

The F-86 is all painted and basically ready. I'll post some pics in the next day or so in that thread. I want to change a couple things on it internally. One is to pull out the current radio setup and install the new futaba s.bus arrangement. It will avoid the reversers and save a little more weight in the process.
strictlyscale is offline Find More Posts by strictlyscale
Old Feb 10, 2011, 08:52 AM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,863 Posts
Added the antenna today to the fuselage using some 15lb black fishing line and crimp fittings. Knowing how easy it is to knock these things off while moving the model I needed to make it somewhat removable but still stay relatively tight. Came up with the solution shown which appears to work very well. Behind the line that goes into the fuselage I've added a spring to keep a little tension on the line. On the stab I have a small hook which makes it removable for transport and the hook comes undone with a little pull on the line thanks to the spring in the fuselage. Hope that explanation is clear!?!
Old Feb 10, 2011, 09:08 AM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,863 Posts
Got it outside for some pics this morning. Sunny but only 21 degrees so it was a little chilly.

All that's left is to connect the ailerons to the servos in the wing and to balance. I've ordered a new (heavier) rx pack to put up in the nose.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 09:35 AM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
That is just awesome! How many hours a day do you put in on a project like this? TW
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Feb 10, 2011, 09:44 AM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,863 Posts
Here's the initial sound test out in the driveway.

Corsair initial sound test with guns and turning pilot head (1 min 5 sec)
Old Feb 10, 2011, 09:45 AM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleW View Post
That is just awesome! How many hours a day do you put in on a project like this? TW
Thanks! Typically I get about 2-3 hrs a day in the afternoons to work on the model. I was also able to get in a couple full days due to poor weather keeping me at home.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 09:48 AM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,863 Posts
Here's a shot showing the equipment layout inside the fuselage. With a number of lines going to the wing I wanted to ensure they don't interfere with the servos in the fuse. I used a pce of honeycomb plate as it's rigid and light to protect the servos from the wing wires (ailerons, flaps, retracts, speakers).
Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:03 AM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
Sean,

Your work is outstanding! No one here could ever say you are not dedicated to the hobby.
Seriously, when can I send you my Typhoon for detailing?

Cheers,
Peter
Orvis is offline Find More Posts by Orvis
Old Feb 10, 2011, 03:06 PM
Joined Oct 2005
627 Posts
Sean,

You can't get any better than that! It's time for another magazine article from you. I will be waiting for some flight video and a flight review from you soon.

Build on,
Chris
konachris is offline Find More Posts by konachris
Old Feb 10, 2011, 03:41 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlyscale View Post
Got it outside for some pics this morning. Sunny but only 21 degrees so it was a little chilly.

All that's left is to connect the ailerons to the servos in the wing and to balance. I've ordered a new (heavier) rx pack to put up in the nose.
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Feb 10, 2011, 08:07 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,182 Posts
awesome man!
wow you do need to move 21 degrees... I'm such a wuss I couldn't take it
I really hate could and really hot

The guys give me hell I have a 60 to 90 rule for flying.. any higher or lower its not as fun
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:29 PM
gilbert,az
Joined Dec 2005
3,948 Posts
Really impressive, can't wait to see it in the air when it warms up!
mpope1 is offline Find More Posts by mpope1
Old Feb 11, 2011, 05:35 PM
Joined Sep 2009
89 Posts
I sure do like you build.Can't wait to see it fly. If your going to fly at Quakertown i would like to watch
Zeph
Zephyr7 is offline Find More Posts by Zephyr7
Old Feb 11, 2011, 09:16 PM
Scale Builder
United States, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined Jul 2002
2,438 Posts
Superb work as usual Sean! My brother and I have an ESM Bearcat waiting on the shelf that will be getting "bashed" in similar fashion. If it is half as nice as your Corsair I will be very happy with it. Good luck with the maiden when the time comes.
Chad Veich is offline Find More Posts by Chad Veich